New York VI Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow - glad to hear you had a great time as well Diane :hug:
The combination of Lennon & U2 - brings tears to my eyes. I can't wait to download a copy of Instant Karma :sad: :happy:

my small sign/banner at my show said 'imagine' in a rainbow of colors - don't know if the band ever saw it though

two pics... will post more tommorow but i'm friggin exhausted and need to go to bed...

DSCF1632.JPG

DSCF1738.JPG

Diane L said:
Bono quote of the night: "It's OK to flirt!"

Hey Diane!

:wave:

I've heard Bono say that too.

And it's allright, it's allright, it's ALLRIGHT

sexy dance move

:flirt:

Good to hear a GREAT time was had by all.
WOW seems like there were quite a few interferencers there, huh!
It will be no different tomorrow uh I mean today, I guess.

Last edited:
pookybear said:
Oh yeah, does anyone know why there were cameras filming tonight? Are they for something?

Are you referring to the video that I took on my digital camera standing just four human rows from the stage? Yes, I am a man of many talents... I can stream, take pictures/video, and sing at the top of my lungs at the same time! :wink: Anyway, just like the October shows, I have tons of video to upload. (BTW, my old computer crashed and that's why I haven't been able to fully upload the October video just yet.)

In any event, the "real filming" was just one camera man roaming the stage. He was there during Patti Smith as well. My guess is that the filming was for posterity's sake. They did virtually the same thing for the 10/27/01 MSG show.

Axver and Ramblin, there was a snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart in WOWY during The Edge's outro guitar. It also appeared Bono snippeted something else during WOWY, but I'll have to look at the video when I get the chance.

MTEdge said:

Are you referring to the video that I took on my digital camera standing just four human rows from the stage? Yes, I am a man of many talents... I can stream, take pictures/video, and sing at the top of my lungs at the same time! :wink: Anyway, just like the October shows, I have tons of video to upload. (BTW, my old computer crashed and that's why I haven't been able to fully upload the October video just yet.)

In any event, the "real filming" was just one camera man roaming the stage. He was there during Patti Smith as well. My guess is that the filming was for posterity's sake. They did virtually the same thing for the 10/27/01 MSG show.

can't wait to see your videos, MTEdge!!! it was a GREAT show last night... i am still on a high! :wink:

btw, the filming was something different than the usual filming they do for posterity- they made the WOWY girl sign a release after she got off stage. and the guy who made her sign it was Ned O'Hanlon of Dreamchaser fame... perhaps this has something to do with 'A Day in the Life of the Edge'?

MTEdge said:
Axver and Ramblin, there was a snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart in WOWY during The Edge's outro guitar. It also appeared Bono snippeted something else during WOWY, but I'll have to look at the video when I get the chance.

he snippeted a Dido song a couple of times during the show, "I will go down with this ship..." he also thanked her during his speech before 'One', so i assume she was at the show. :)

i feel like i saw a ton of camera guys around the arena....there were also cameras on them full time...where i was sitting in sect. 208 there was like a small box, maybe for press or something.....that had some pretty hefty cameras on the boys at all times :wink:

*Ally* said:

thank you, MTEdge!!! :bow: downloading this right now... btw, did you get any other videos from last night? if so, i can't wait to see them! :)

Btwn pictures and (mostly) videos, I almost filled my 1 GB memory card. I have a full version of WOWY, and many 2+ minute clips of other songs.

MTEdge said:

Btwn pictures and (mostly) videos, I almost filled my 1 GB memory card. I have a full version of WOWY, and many 2+ minute clips of other songs.

:drool: i can't wait to see your photos and videos! thank you so much for sharing them with us... :up:

yeah that guy was on stage the entire night with that camrea, at first i thought it was just a newsman filming a clip or something (i believe they did that in toronto) but he was on the stage the entire time. :hmm:

also was i mistaken or did bono do a dido snippet last night? certainly sounded like it.

i actually think he snippeted dido twice- once after torna a surrento or whatever during sometimes and again before the with or without you outro.

maybe he was filming for exclusive U2.com member footage? yeah, right.

*Ally* said:

GREAT VIDEO of 'instant karma'! so glad that i got to witness that firsthand... thank you! :bow:

can't wait to see the others... :up:

I wish I were there :sad:

just watching those clips, those teases of the song... I'm in tears Must see whole thing!!! :(

Headache in a Suitcase said:

camera guy on stage durring bad... 11/21

camera guy was there last night (11/22) as well, and the little girl onstage for MW had to sign a release. :hmm:

wonder what this video is for?? i hope it actually sees the light of day...

He was on stage during 11/22, too.

(I seem to recall they did the same thing during the Fall Elevation shows at MSG. Probably just for the band's use)

Back
Top Bottom