New York VI Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:
I could've sworn I heard some audience members singing "how long to sing this song" after the People Have The Power snippet. :hmm:

I KNOW I heard it!!, even on shit dial up I clearly heard Bono's voice on 40 just a bit, then the crowd singing also.
I'm not disputing anyone else, but I know the man's voice and I know what I heard.
I don't need confirmation or anything, just telling you he sang at least one phrase "how long to sing.." before it buffered..

:ohmy: Instant Karma! I've been listeing to that a lot lately, its a great song. Hope someone taped this show :hyper:

Hey, just got back from the show. Very pleased with the songs, especially the encores! I'm SO happy to have finally heard UTEOTW live, I can seriously die happy now. :drool: :drool:

Patti Smith was onstage for Instant Karma, but not for Bad, though the band did a pretty long snippet of People Have the Power. No 40. The crowd was going nuts during Instant Karma.

Didn't get to catch Patti Smith beforehand because of the stupid MTA. :mad:

But great, great show. I'm done with my U2 fix for the tour. See you boys in a few years!

Was the stream that good? What parts of the stream were better than others? Lemme know, and I'll know what to do for tomorrow night's show. :wink:

BTW, tonight's show was amazing. I really hope I get into the ellipse tomorrow as well and that they play WOWY again. I'm taking my downs syndrome sister (GA with me) and my parents have seats.

First off, sorry my connection did not work out, the reception was really crap in my area. I feel bad about that but glad that someone was waiting in the wings to pick it up.

Anyway, WOW. The band was on fire tonight! And the crowd was fabulous and LOUD, way better than most of the October shows! This show ranks up there for me. Bono played to the back of the stage a lot tonight, which was a very good thing because I was at the back of the stage tonight. :D I don't know why they say they are a crap cover band because every cover I hear them do sounds great, and Instant Karma rocked the house.

And seeing Patti Smith was a dream come true, and she played everything I was hoping for...Dancing Barefoot, Because the Night and much else. During Rock 'n Roll ******, her and the band snippeted Vertigo! :lol: She also did People Have the Power. Great opener and the audience was very appreciative.

Anyway, got GA tomorrow, so I gotta cut this short, but WOW. :dancing:

MTEdge said:
I really hope I get into the ellipse tomorrow as well and that they play WOWY again. I'm taking my downs syndrome sister (GA with me) and my parents have seats.

Hope you make it inside, MTEdge.
I'll be sending positive vibes your way.
And to one4u2 for Gloria!

Pop Artist said:
During Rock 'n Roll ******, her and the band snippeted Vertigo! :lol:

Hahaha!!

:lmao:

That's HILARIOUS!

Pop Artist said:
Anyway, got GA tomorrow, so I gotta cut this short, but WOW. :dancing:

Also sending positive vibes to you.
Hope you will make it in the ellipse tomorrow as well.

Miringeltje said:

Hope you make it inside, MTEdge.
I'll be sending positive vibes your way.
And to one4u2 for Gloria!

Thanks. It's her second show (first was May's MSG show), and she LOVES WOWY! (Sorry Axver!) And, it'll be the first show for my parents. (It's my 11 show this tour... :drool:)

Pop Artist said:
And seeing Patti Smith was a dream come true, and she played everything I was hoping for...Dancing Barefoot, Because the Night and much else. During Rock 'n Roll ******, her and the band snippeted Vertigo! :lol: She also did People Have the Power. Great opener and the audience was very appreciative.

She also did a Gloria snippet in a song after Rock 'n Roll ******. The Vertigo snippet was long. The bass part in her song is very similar to Vertigo. Patti sang the first full verse but lost her way (Vertigo is a difficult song to keep to the beat). But the supporting members of her band carried the day through the Vertigo chorus (hello, hello... hola! .... We're at a place called Vertigo... make me feeeeeel!! feeell!!!!)

Great stuff!

Glad to hear it was as awesome at MSG as we sensed it was. I didn't most of MTEdge's stream... I was listening to :shifty: the other one, which was slightly ahead, and seemed a little clearer to me (don't know where that person was located). I was dying here when they played Instant Karma. I SO neeeed this show, or just this song.... (anyone have a clip of it yet :shifty: )

Sorry pooky that you missed Patti Smith.
Glad MTEdge got in the ellipse :up: Hope you make it in tomorrow with your sister : positivevibes :

PopArtist - sending : positivevibes : to you as well. Hope you all make it in. I wonder what they have in store for tomorrow :hmm:

:hyper:

If there are more Beatles songs... and you are not streaming, feel free to call me. Anyone. Please. Call. No, really, you can call :wink:

Last edited:
:hyper: :hyper:

It was amazing. AMAZING. "Instant Karma"...I thought I was going to lose my mind with joy. And ending with "Bad"...!

Yes, Edge was en fuego but Bono! Bono was TOTALLY en fuego!!! He seemed to be in a fantastic mood and his voice sounded about the best I've heard it.

I also loved hearing UTEOTW, which is my second-favorite song of theirs. Bono chases after Edge on the catwalk, which is a lot of fun to watch.

Bono quote of the night: "It's OK to flirt!"

This is my last Vertigo Tour show, unless money starts falling from the sky and I catch enough bills and coins to pay for transportation and a hotel room in Boston. This was a great, GREAT show to end this year of U2 memories that will be with me all of my life...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom