New York V Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbinger said:

Qapla! Where is this cat's name?

Worf :)

And yes we did name it after Lt. Worf, but it started as a joke, because when we first got her, she was such a scardy cat, the name was funny. She's grown into her name though :wink:.

And yes, she's a she. We thought she was a he at first, and then we just kept the name Worf.

Worf likes the setlist. I asked her was she thought and she meowed/purred :cute:.

one4u2 said:
Look what the shitty weather made me miss out on :

8ee9b76b.jpg

don't see any cell phones in that pic.... phew! :wink:

bridonohue said:

hey axzer, was it played at one of the closed rehersals or at the final semi-public one. i just played my copy and there is a lot of crowd noise screaming at the beggining. is that people yelling outside the stadium.

It was one of the closed ones. The public one opened with SBS, NYD, and Pride before Zoo Station. The people you hear screaming are the crowd that gathered outside the stadium.

and two obscure questions for you.

1, what was the snippet of song bono sang often before zoo station on the first leg of zoo tv? it sounded something like "i willalways want you"

2. on the first few nights of zoo tv bono sang a different snippet at the end of one, not the "can you hear us knocking". his voice sounded incredible, but i could never make out what it was.

any ideas?

1. Quite simply, no-one seems to know. Most people refer to it as I Could Have Lost You but I've never seen anyone definitively state what it is.
2. I honestly don't play Zoo bootlegs much so I wouldn't know what alternate verse you'd mean ... I feel One isn't complete without the "do you hear us coming?" verse, though.

blueyedpoet said:
wouldn't it be great if they started playing Discoteque again?

great would be an understatement.

if there's one major disappointment this tour, it's the lack of Pop. Then U2 suddenly pull out Discotheque...and it's the BEST FUCKING VERSION OF THE SONG THEY'VE EVER DONE. So what do they do? Drop it from the set, naturally.

Wankers.

kellyahern said:

Worf :)

And yes we did name it after Lt. Worf, but it started as a joke, because when we first got her, she was such a scardy cat, the name was funny. She's grown into her name though :wink:.

And yes, she's a she. We thought she was a he at first, and then we just kept the name Worf.

Worf likes the setlist. I asked her was she thought and she meowed/purred :cute:.

Are you guys big Trekkies or just fans of The Next Generation?
I happen to think that TNG is/was just a great show with interesting philosophical, metaphysical, and psychological issues with some great characters.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet
5. GLORIA
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
7. Beautiful Day / ??? Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/ 'Torna A Surriento' Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (I think) / When Johnny Comes Marching Hope
13. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride

timothius said:
I'm ready. :hyper:

... to be disappointed?

I seriously cannot believe this is the FIFTH NIGHT setlist. It's a great set under normal circumstances, but to play it five shows in a row in the same city with just a couple of minor alterations in the early portion is disappointing, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom