New York V Setlist Watch and Party Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I was actually thinking about that earlier. It had been played something like nine shows in a row, and now it's suddenly disappeared. It seems U2 decided their rotational slot for the five shows should be the Boy/October part.

I think Ocean will be back in Philly, though.
Yeah, it'll probably be back in Philly. It is kind of odd to see it missing for four straight shows though.

That'll definitely be something to watch for during the Philly setlists.

cleazer said:
Yeah, it'll probably be back in Philly. It is kind of odd to see it missing for four straight shows though.

That'll definitely be something to watch for during the Philly setlists.

Considering what happened in Toronto, Philly's about to get varied sets! :lol:

I was pleased to see Gloria make a comeback tonight, but I'm hoping for The Electric Co. at least once in Philly, ideally paired as it was tonight with Gloria, or with Out of Control. The last time I saw U2 on tour, on Popmart, I was too young to have the good sense to appreciate the older songs as much as I do now. I'm hoping to make up for that in the three shows I'm going to the rest of this year.

Lila, I'm SO SORRY I couldn't text- my phone was SO messed up. I tried to call as much as I could but I only had one bar left and I was trying to save it incase something amazing happened in the encore, but alas nothing did!! :lol: :hug:

crud, F1 qualifying is on
I forgot all about it

oh well, at least I didn't miss all of it

HelloAngel said:
I don't want to get shot in the back about this.. but I just got home from this show, and it felt very...quiet for the last night after a week in NYC.

I was really hoping they'd go nuts and play a barn-burner, but after the main set, it just never took flight again. I was disappointed, and well, just wanted to make note of my thoughts. Nothing more, and I don't want to fight about it.

Funny, I felt it was the opposite...main set felt pretty rote to me (except Gloria!!) performance-wise, and finally took flight for One-She's A Mystery to Me through the encores (even if not perfect). Bono really ripped on whatever song he tagged at the end of Vertigox2 (think it was Rock 'n Roll ******).

LemonMacPhisto said:
Dream Vertigo Set That is Actually Kind of Realistic

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. The Cry/Electric Co./Bullet with Butterfly Wings (Snippet)/I Can See for Miles (Snippet)
4. Gloria
5. An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
6. City of Blinding Lights
7. Beautiful Day/Sgt. Pepper's... (Snippet)
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own/No Regrets (Snippet)
10. Yahweh
11. Love and Peace or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet the Blue Sky
14. Miss Sarajevo
--- HUMAN RIGHTS VIDEO ---
15. Pride (In the Name of Love)
16. Where the Streets Have No Name
17. One/Unchained Melody

18. Until the End of the World
19. Discotheque
20. The Fly

21. Crumbs from Your Table
22. With or Without You/Shine Like Stars (Snippet)
23. Bad/The First Time (Snippet)/40 (Snippet)
Very good setlist! :up:

Here's my:
DREAM SETLIST THAT IS ACTUALLY KIND OF REALISTIC:

001. Vertigo
002. All Because Of You
003. The Electric Co.
004. Elevation
005. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
006. City Of Blinding Lights
007. Beautiful Day
008. Miracle Drug
009. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
010. Love And Peace Or Else
011. Sunday Bloody Sunday
012. Bullet The Blue Sky
013. Miss Sarajevo

---- HUMAN RIGHTS VIDEO ----

014. Crumbs From Your Table
015. Pride
016. Where The Streets Have No Name
017. One

018. Zoo Station
019. The Fly
020. Mysterious Ways
021. With Or Without You

022. Fast Cars
023. Yahweh
024. 40

MY DREAM SET LIST WITHOUT MOST OF THE CLASSICS:

001. Love And Peace Or Else
002. Vertigo
003. All Because Of You
004. The Electric Co.
005. Elevation
006. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
007. Bad
008. Gloria
009. Miracle Drug
010. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
011. City Of Blinding lights
012. Beautiful Day
013. Crumbs From Your Table
014. New Year's Day
015. Original Of The Species
016. Electrical Storm

017. Zoo Station
018. The Fly
019. Discotheque
020. With Or Without You

021. Fast Cars
022. Yahweh
023. 40

The following classics are not on the set list above:
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
One
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways

sami0201 said:
Lila, I'm SO SORRY I couldn't text- my phone was SO messed up. I tried to call as much as I could but I only had one bar left and I was trying to save it incase something amazing happened in the encore, but alas nothing did!! :lol: :hug:

No problem - I figured as much. Just hoped you enjoyed your first show (no matter what others have said/are saying)

:hug:

Lila64 said:

No problem - I figured as much. Just hoped you enjoyed your first show (no matter what others have said/are saying)

:hug:

I did enjoy it :hyper:

but I kinda agree with them :| don't get me wrong- it was incredible! but I just thought since it was the last night it would have blown the roof off!!

(lets see how Miami is next month when I'll be in GA :drool: I'm sure it's a whole different experience)

and I saw Ruff in the front row of the ellipse in front of Edge :cute:
and I KNEW Alli was going to get picked! I was watching during Fast Cars and he came up to her and was singing to her and just looking at her (she was standing next to Ruff) and then he came back and pulled her up!! I was like OMG what is it her third time!!! And then after Fast Cars ended he KEPT HER THERE for almost the whole WOWY....it was amazing he was brushing the hair off of her face, and it looked like he was kissing her head, and wow!!

Party Girl was cool, he had a guy from the crowd singing the oo ooo ooo part

and I have to say that I was disappointed to see Vertigo close :shrug: and when they played First Time, I really thought they were going to do a 'rocking' encore.

i just got back from some post show celebrating...not sure if anyone posted this, but when i got to my seat earlier (sec 221, row C, seat 13, i was right on the aisle, three rows behind the dude who controls the camera that follows Adam Clayton around all night...anyway, when i got to the show, he had a set list posted to his camera..and his set list contained "I will Follow", "Walk On", "Crumbs" and "40" as a closer, and did not have "Stuck in a Moment", "Party Girl" or "Vertigo ii". When "I Will Follow" didnt happen where it was supposed to, i asked him what happened and he said that bono changed things up. I was so bummed not to see "I will follow" but have to admit Gloria was amazing to see, and even Bono's semi-butchered performance of Party Girl was so enjoyable. And Vertigo 2 rocked the place to close things up. I went ;ast Friday, Monday, Tuesday and tonight (only missing last Saturday in failing to go 5 for 5), and if i had to rank all the shows it would be tough. Tuesday's was the most disappointing because it was so identical to the opening night, but that said it was still a great enjoyable show...tonight's set had great variety and the boys were so on..bono's voice rebounded after some rest and was in fine fine form. My fave night might be monday just because i'm always happy for some achtung baby stuff and you cant beat Bad, but tonight was special. Ok, gnite all. J

Ahh...I saw that camera too, I was in Sec 333 Row A. I noticed that the setlist changed shortly *before* the show started. I was looking at the crew setting up and I had noticed that at about 9:25, they had ripped up the setlists they had laid down on the floor, and put a new one down and that sent Dallas scrambling... :wink: Obviously no time to get that changed setlist to that cameraman. Had been wondering what they had changed from the first setlist!

Last edited:
I just got home from the show. I didn't read through this entire thread, but I thought the band was great. I loved hearing "Gloria," but I have a sentimental attachment to that song because it's the first song that made me really appreciate U2. I also thought it was hysterical that Bono forgot the words to "Party Girl," and "Vertigo" x 2 cracked me up because I was thinking of all you setlisters and your reactions!!!!

As for blowing the roof off the place, "The Electric Co." darn near did just that. Edge was like I've never seen him...talk about guitar heroes!!!

Mullen-Girl said:
Axver - I dont know you, but I did think you came off a little "hollier than thou"...the other night when you freaked out that someone started the setlist early or didnt put certain things, you kind of went on a rant about that. Maybe just go the flow more and things can be more calm. But at leats you didnt personally insult anyone..except calling U2 pathetic. lol. but each to their own.

Master Axver did in fact insult someone personally, albeit publicly. That someone was me. Altho I am not quite 3 times his age, I don't appreciate being *spoken* to in the tone, manner or with the attitude he chooses to use. Some folks here may enjoy it but please understand not everyone does or needs to. I have simply tolerated it and am choosing to look the other way.

I have been a U2 fan longer than this kid's existence on the planet Earth. I choose to have fun, enjoy the music and fellow U2 fans/friends I meet in places like Interference-land rather than compulsively obsessing over data as some seem to wish to do here. I find it interesting how these personality types seem to be the ones to bring about the dissention amongst the masses.

That is all I have to say, want to say and have the right to say. I actually skipped the set list thread tonite and went out with some friends. I'm sitting here shaking my head and rolling my eyes reading some of the things that have been said here tonite. (I would like to thank the mods also)

Lila, once again thank you very much for bringing us the set list. On a personal note I'm quite happy with tonite's list, minus Vertigo 2x :eyebrow:

Diane L said:
Edge was like I've never seen him...talk about guitar heroes!!!

Would you say he was.....

edgeonfire1bs.jpg

U2phanatic said:
suck it up babies! if you were there you'd be ROCKING OUT to vertigo2

actually, if i was actually dumb enough to buy a ticket to the show i'd throw whatever i could at the band and tell them to get the hell of the stage if they can't do any better than that.

you're all losers.
GLORIA and THE ELECTRIC CO. in one show!
great show. great show! i've seen u2 quite a few times and never seen either of these tunes. would kill to see either of them...much less both at one show. i thought that the last time both were ever to be played together was behind us. probably was the JT tour - or lovetown at the most recent. anyway, that kicks ass. quit complaining.

Zoomerang96 said:

actually, if i was actually dumb enough to buy a ticket to the show i'd throw whatever i could at the band and tell them to get the hell of the stage if they can't do any better than that.

that money could be better spent.
spend your money on a turd.

and eat it.

rock and roll ****** was "snippeted" during VX2. bono sang a lot of it actually. a verse or two, it was really good tonight. im not sure if larry screwed up or something, but for the first riff it was just edge and then the drums kicked in, either way fuck up or not it sounded cool.

dudeman said:
you're all losers.
great show. great show! i've seen u2 quite a few times and never seen either of these tunes. would kill to see either of them...much less both at one show. i thought that the last time both were ever to be played together was behind us. probably was the JT tour - or lovetown at the most recent. anyway, that kicks ass. quit complaining.

apologies for the carte blanche approach of this comment - it's aimed only at the complainers. hope that's ok with the rest of you. i'm drunk, going to sleep.
you're welcome.
:drool:

dudeman said:
you're all losers.

electric co has been played pretty much all tour, and gloria has made various appearances.

i'm glad you liked it, don't get me wrong.

"U2 should play Vertigo 2x less often, like the first leg"

*U2 plays it for the second time on this leg

"NO VERTIGO 2x!!!"

Of course, many of those people weren't even at the show.

In other news, premieres of Party girl and Gloria for this leg. Fast cars got played as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom