New York Setlist Watch and Thread Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly did not find out about Queen Bee until this afternoon, and I was all over NYC today, so I had no chance to hop on the computer and find an alternative person to text the set list to.

Lasywiththespinninghead is right, the band really rocked out to the Bowie song, it was fun.

I'm fucking out of energy here, getting on a plane tomorrow and returning to SoCal......

Drool indeed...It wasn't just a snippet, it was a few minutes long.
They had obviously practiced it because they went straight into it without pausing....

I wish I had known about the setlist party situation...I would have been happy to provide this information!!!! Now I feel like a loser :reject:

As far as the crowd, I thought it was...meh. I didn't like the people in my row. Usually I'm pretty live and let live, but they seemed somewhat snotty and more concerned with getting multiple beers several times during U2's set than anything else. Then, towards the end, this guy and girl were having a long personal conversation in back of me that practically drowned out the band!

The two guys in front of me, though, were very sweet. They'd both gone to the Mets/Yankees game at Shea, and both were wearing Mets T-shirts. They were thrilled their team won. Anyway, one of them was telling me that there were HUNDREDS of tickets available at the box office--they'd waited from 5 pm to 6:30 pm that day, and got the row ahead of me!

No spoken words said:
I honestly did not find out about Queen Bee until this afternoon, and I was all over NYC today, so I had no chance to hop on the computer and find an alternative person to text the set list to.

Lasywiththespinninghead is right, the band really rocked out to the Bowie song, it was fun.

I'm fucking out of energy here, getting on a plane tomorrow and returning to SoCal......

Me too, I'm exhausted and I'm hopping in a car in 5 hours to go to Philly for tomorrow's show...

I'm so unbelievably sad about leaving New York...:sad:

It just dawned on me that after seeing them 9 times in 2 months....I do not see them again....until November.

Can I make it? Will I survive? I think so, but, it will be hard.

As I prepare to sign off....I repeat...TRIFECTA today.....Met/Yankee game at 1.......Star Wars at 5:45......then U2.

That's a good fucking day, and a great way to wrap up this visit to my beloved NYC.

Have a safe trip back NSW (GAs for MSG?). No problem about being the source(s) - we found a way to get the list :shifty:

Thanks for the info lady... Can't wait to hear this show!

Diane - you are not a loser! Too bad about the people around you with nothing better to do on a Saturday night in NYC to see the best band in the world. THEY are the losers! Glad you still had a great time.

:hug: to all :wave:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Me too, I'm exhausted and I'm hopping in a car in 5 hours to go to Philly for tomorrow's show...

I'm so unbelievably sad about leaving New York...:sad:

Well, have a safe drive to Philly, at least it's a short one. And, of course, enjoy the show.

I relate, as sad as you are to leave NY, I'm sadder still, this is my home and I only get to come back 2x a year or so.......but, when I get back to SoCal, I know I'll be happy to return.

Diane, do not feel like a loser, you had no way of knowing, and interferencers are a resourceful bunch, they made due, I'm sure.

Great show, band was definitely into it tonight. Thought the Fly and the part bowie song were the best.

Crowd loved them, going to be crazy here in Oct and Nov. I hope the setlists are out of control then...

No spoken words said:
It just dawned on me that after seeing them 9 times in 2 months....I do not see them again....until November.

Can I make it? Will I survive? I think so, but, it will be hard.

As I prepare to sign off....I repeat...TRIFECTA today.....Met/Yankee game at 1.......Star Wars at 5:45......then U2.

That's a good fucking day, and a great way to wrap up this visit to my beloved NYC.

WOW - now if you would have bet on the horse race today...

Diane L said:
Mike, it was nice having you around here. Remember, you have someone picking you up in So Cal you'll be happy to see.

And Julie, have a great time in Philly!!!

Diane, thank you for saying that. I'm flattered, and, surprised you even remember about my ride from LAX. :)

I'll be back in November/December for 12 days or so, but, around Thanksgiving, not any of the concert dates.

they must have forgotten they had already played vertigo, thats why they played it twice!

great show tonight. even more energetic then NJ2. Dream Jeannie, original species, double veritgo (how bizarre). they really changed it up. it sounded great. dialed in.
After "dream jeannie", bono said something like "in the house." I guess he meant Bowie was in the house. Bill O'Rielly was in the house... not cool.
the crowd was great right around me, but I also saw some f--ked up people ruining the night for others. and a dude on the phone loud during One. he was making a long shot booty call. LOL
high energy

Jean Genie? awesome love that song.

question? how much of the song did they do, and was it a tag on The Fly or was there a break in between?

No break in between, but the cover song was an entirely separate song with verse followed by chorus followed by a short verse (Bono got The Edge to enter the second chorus quicker) followed by chorus.

awesome.

while very cool and all that, I'd rather them play something obscure of their own, ya know?

I mean it's a simple song to play, but so is In God's Country.

not griping, just saying.... ;)

I bet the band is sick of almost their entire back catalog and only feel obligated to play the "hits" and it's probably like pulling teeth to get them to play something that they don't have much interest in, all things considered I guess.

Probably was a lot of fun for them to play that song. They've played their own songs hundreds of times.

Last edited:
Diane L said:
Hi, everyone!!! :wave:

Edge was ON FIRE tonight, so much so that Bono threw water in his direction to cool him down during "The Electric Co."! I've read he's done this before, but it was the first time that I saw it.

During the Philly "Electric Co." Edge was about halfway down his side of the ellipse when Bono seemed to try reaching him from the stage with the water. He was making these fierce lunging motions at the very tip of the stage while trying to shoot water out. I'm hoping there's a DVD out there somewhere where I can make sure of what I saw. :)

Pretty intense though.

yeah i remember that happening in Philly too, was that while Edge was going ballistic in the solo just doing whatever the hell he wanted? haha.

scottyT said:
yeah i remember that happening in Philly too, was that while Edge was going ballistic in the solo just doing whatever the hell he wanted? haha.

YES! Edge should've been arrested for assault and battery on his strings. The word "ballistic" was the word I was using all week to describe what the hell he did during "Electric Co."! It was like he took all of his aggressions out on his guitar. And in my peripheral vision there's Bono, looking like he's trying to restrain himself from stage diving, throwing water God knows how far back into the ellipse and I think it was towards Edge.

brianh20 said:

YES! Edge should've been arrested for assault and battery on his strings. The word "ballistic" was the word I was using all week to describe what the hell he did during "Electric Co."! It was like he took all of his aggressions out on his guitar. And in my peripheral vision there's Bono, looking like he's trying to restrain himself from stage diving, throwing water God knows how far back into the ellipse and I think it was towards Edge.

Brian, you've described Edge's guitar work extremely accurately!!!! It was amazing to see and hear his performance during that song. And I agree...Bono was trying to cool him down with that water!!!

I really need to know what is the point of going to a U2 concert and getting stoned or drunk. These people suck. They ruin the experience for the people around them with their obnoxious behavior throughout the show.

The show last nite was amazing...After playing Jean Jeannie, Bono said - he's in the house - as in Mr. Bowie who was indeed there with his lovely wife Iman. Other random celeb sightings i had- Dennis Leary, Ed Burns and his amazingly hot model wife (i think Bono walked her down the aisle at the wedding), Dennis Leary, Blondie, David Byrne, Moby, and the guy from Law & Order SVU... The show was great and U2 was on fire, but personally i preferred NJ2 simply because of BAD--- as an additional note after the 2nd Vertigo performance, and the band left the stage and waved, the lights in the garden remained off for a good 3 or 4 minutes while the crowd cheered, giving hope we were about to see another encore which would have blown the roof off the garden...but after the minutes of frenzied clapping in the dark, house lights came on, and it was indeed over. All in all an amazing night and so exhilarating...is it October yet?? 5 Magical Nights in the Garden to come this October..CANT WAIT!!!

Diane L said:

Brian, you've described Edge's guitar work extremely accurately!!!! It was amazing to see and hear his performance during that song. And I agree...Bono was trying to cool him down with that water!!!

I could've kept going, too! He's merciless on his strings at times...

the enegry from the crowd and the band was AMAZING... deffinetly more than any of the other three shows i saw this week... the set-list wasn't exactly to be desired... you woulda thunk that at their only MSG show this leg they would've thrown something new in... New York, perhaps... a der... i guess dream jeanie was something new, but it half the place didn't know what the hell they were playing.

so energy from the band gets an A++... energy from the crowd gets an A++... the aura of being in the building gets an A++... the setlist gets a B-... using a second vertigo as the planned closer? nah... don't like that idea. as a surprise after 40? cool as shit... the planned closer (you knew it was planned because they had the light curtains and lighting ready... when they did it in jersey they had no curtains and you could tell the lighting guy was making it up as he went)... would've been surreal to hear 40 at the Garden.. but eh... oh well. perhaps in the fall...

if this had been my first show i'd seen, it would have been an automatic 10/10... the energy was just that intense. but seeing as i'd seen it before and was hoping for a few setlist surprises, i'll have to give it a 9/10.

U2Girl1978 said:
I really need to know what is the point of going to a U2 concert and getting stoned or drunk. These people suck. They ruin the experience for the people around them with their obnoxious behavior throughout the show.

ahh, yeah. stoners are so obnoxious. that weed makes them crazy.:rolleyes:

:lmao:

U2Girl1978 said:
I didn't say the weed makes them crazy, I said it made them obnoxious. :rolleyes:

I totally disagree. Weed aint my cup of tea either, but the people around me smoken it were far from obnoxious. They were actually having a great time and spreading a good vibe.

It's the people who are so uptight (they actually worry about this) that I would rather stay home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom