New York IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although WOWY is over played, it is still one of those U2 legends... Like Streets, Pride. With Or Without You IS U2. Although some may think It's lost its magic due to age and overplayed, I think it is still as great. They wrote it, birthed it, and now they are playing it for you. Hearing something legendary from the musician themselves, in person.

Just my opinion. I feel that they respresent something, more than just the way they sound and amount of times played.

Waits for rocks to be thrown... :reject:

OK, would some of you going on about this "third verse" please tell us if that's Shine Like Stars?

well too bad.

i haven't a problem with most of you, i'm complaining about the band grossly underestimating their talent and capability of doing SO MUCH MORE.

for a fourth nite in the same city, this setlist is a definite sign of a band going through the motions.

Is there a recorded version of the wowy with shine like a stars or is it just a live thing. I dont think Ive ever heard it before. where can i find this?

YSI any one?

Zooropa1310 said:
Although WOWY is over played, it is still one of those U2 legends... Like Streets, Pride. With Or Without You IS U2. Although some may think It's lost its magic due to age and overplayed, I think it is still as great. They wrote it, birthed it, and now they are playing it for you. Hearing something legendary from the musician themselves, in person.

Just my opinion. I feel that they respresent something, more than just the way they sound and amount of times played.

No rocks coming from my direction. WOWY is amazing, IMO. Plus, with the "Shining Stars" verse added in, it's even better!

Carek1230 said:

OK can we just get back to the subject of the thread and quit this slamming one another and sarcasm? I am not enjoying it one bit.

yesss, back to the days of picture postings

and edge with black denzel hands

and marty's kickass back to the future aviators :rockon:

*Ally* said:

tell me about it!!! she is, i believe, the luckiest girl on the planet... well, aside from tattoo dan, who's been up there 6 times. :wink:

I'll take my moments and be happy... I started the tour with one goal

Meet Bono so I could say thanks and try to get a hug... So anything over that has been pure frosting on the cake :drool:

Well, at least U2 finally performed WOWY how it's MEANT to be performed. Add Love Will Tear Us Apart to that and it would actually be deserving of a nightly spot.

thetitans2k said:
Is there a recorded version of the wowy with shine like a stars or is it just a live thing. I dont think Ive ever heard it before. where can i find this?

YSI any one?

just live

so axver and zoomerang are arguing (quite profoundly, mind you) the same side of the argument are they?

well, i bet this has been a lark

thetitans2k said:

YSI any one?

Got Rattle And Hum? That's where Shine Like Stars appears officially.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. OUT OF CONTROL
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
6. Beautiful Day / Walk On Snippet {'all this you can't leave behind'}
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometime You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills Of Dakota Snippet
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham {Little girl on stage singing with Bono}
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS

13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Street Have No Name
15. One / Old Man River Snippet

BREAK

16. First Time
17. Stuck In A Moment
18. FAST CARS
19. With Or Without You (with 3rd verse!)
20. All Because Of You
21. Crumbs From Your Table

flangerchorus said:
yeah Zoomerang96 U2 just plain sucks dont they?

if u2 sucks, i'd never have come here in the first place.

and i certainly wouldn't be posting in this thread.

they're a solid group when they want to be. :up:

Zooropa1310 said:

I completely agree. :up:

Back
Top Bottom