New York II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jilly mullen jr said:
I am the first of the two sisters (there are 3 of us total) that got up on stage tonight.. It was amazing! I don't think Bono really liked me though - he wanted to stand and hug while I wanted to run around!
I think his original intention was to keep me up there the whole song but since I wasn't cooperating (he kept asking me to keep still and keep eye contact with him but i didn't) he ended with me and my little sister got up for a minute. Sadly, the the song was over by then and my older sister didn't get up :( Bono stood on the platform next to us and sang to her instead.

Why didn't you want to stand and hug :confused: Where were you running to? (Not running to stand still apparently :giggle: )

pookybear said:
Oh, that was your sister? That's why you guys looked alike from afar. :)
That's so wonderful you got your moment and your sisters did too! Someday I'll get mine...

Who is this referring to? Just to clarify... 2 of 3 sisters got up on stage - Amp (the guy in the turbin) got up after my little sis.

I am a lot taller than him - it was uncomfortable how he had me. Also, I was trying to get my other sisters up and I wanted to say hi to Adam as well.

Gotcha Pookybear... Was really glad that my little sis got up but very sad my older did not as she introduced me to U2 as a youngster... If anyone should have out of the 3 of us it should have been her.
Oh yes... Did I meet you tonight?

pookybear said:
Yeah, Bono apparently saw some dude in the front of the ellipse on his phone and told him aloud, "Turn off your f*cking phone, this is a concert!" Later in the show he apologized though. As for me, I was excited to hear Bono say the f word for the first time in person. :cool:

Bono cussing...:drool: :drool:

and yeah, good for him to tell off someone talking on the phone during the show!

wait, a girl who got up on stage didn't want to make eye contact or stay for a hug, even after bono asked her to?!

good setlist, strange energy this night?!

cheers all!

ShellBeThere said:

Bono cussing...:drool: :drool:

and yeah, good for him to tell off someone talking on the phone during the show!

wait, a girl who got up on stage didn't want to make eye contact or stay for a hug, even after bono asked her to?!

good setlist, strange energy this night?!

cheers all!

Who the hell wants to run around on stage during With Or Without You anyway. She deserved to be repalced.

The guy with the Turban on the other hand was awesome and the crowd loved seeing him up there.

Agntbk007 said:

Who the hell wants to run around on stage during With Or Without You anyway. She deserved to be repalced.

The guy with the Turban on the other hand was awesome and the crowd loved seeing him up there.

He didn't do anything particularly special, he just looked like someone who was truly exicted to be there. It's not everyday you see a guy who looks like that at a U2 show, and from where I was sitting he looked about as happy as anyone I've ever seen get pulled onstage at a U2.

Here are my pics for those of you who are interested.

IMG_1315copy.jpg

IMG_1317copy.jpg

IMG_1320copy.jpg

IMG_1338copy.jpg

IMG_1344copy.jpg

IMG_1345copy.jpg

IMG_1348copy.jpg

IMG_1349copy.jpg

just for you reggie :sexywink:

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
hypnodisk.gif
/ Glad To See You Go Snippet
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
Happy Birthday To You (For Bono's friend, probably Gavin Friday)
5. All I Want Is You
6. Beautiful Day
7. Miracle Drug / People Got The Power Snippet
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills of Dakota Snippet possibly
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS DECLARATION

13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One (w.Mary J Blige)

BREAK

16. First Time
17. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
18. With Or Without You

19. All Because Of You
20. Fast Cars
21. Original Of The Species
22. 40

don't know if this link is expired - short clip: http://s6.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3S2J00W1AE1E53AWZPOWNNQ3Z2

Not much more from tonight's show. I was in the pit at the tip of the ellipse for night 1, and I got some shots that would make the pros jealous. I'll throw some of those up in a second.

Lila64 said:
^exactly - If Bono pulled me up, I'd do anything he said :whistle:

especially during WOWY, that song has such devastatingly focused energy...

edit: wow amazing shots agntbk007! thanks for sharing...

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Glad To See You Go Snippet
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
Happy Birthday To You (For Bono's friend, probably Gavin Friday)
5. All I Want Is You
6. Beautiful Day
7. Miracle Drug / People Got The Power Snippet
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills of Dakota Snippet possibly
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS DECLARATION

13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One (w.Mary J Blige)

BREAK

16. First Time
17. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
18. With Or Without You

19. All Because Of You
20. Fast Cars
21. Original Of The Species
22. 40

It's 11.30 PM here on the West Coast and I just came back from the BBQ I had.

And look at what I missed?!

WOW!!

:hyper:

:applaud:

:up:

U2 are definitely changing things up.

No Electric Co. and the Ocean tonight, huh?

But I will follow and All I want is you in their place, One with Mary J. Blige, WGRYWH back once again, WOWY to it's regular place at the end of the first encore, Fast Cars being played two nights in a row and OOTS also returns.

Good!
Very good!
Must have been one hell of a show.

Bring on Monday, I say.
I believe I will be here!

All I Want Is You was wonderful! Loved WGRYWH as well. So good. I thought Bono came out like a race horse. Edge was jumping as well. He did seem to mellow toward the middle, but I though it a strange crowd tonight. Maybe that affected Edge.
I thing Streets woke the upper levels up, as they were reserved for the first half of the concert. Anyone who was at the show care to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom