New York I Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

there go my chances! right down the drain! :mad: :madspit: Anyone got a stretching rack or miracle grow to throw on me.. then i am gonna need to dye my hair..

Do you like the show Will And Grace?...try the 'hyrdo bra' :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

there go my chances! right down the drain! :mad: :madspit: Anyone got a stretching rack or miracle grow to throw on me.. then i am gonna need to dye my hair..

I'm a short brunette too! We must unite! :hug:

if these first few ny shows turn out to be quite awesome...i am seriously thinking about flying there next friday for the last show

DPrinceNY said:
This show is still going?!? wow its 1135 already. the may msg show was over like 1115

U2 are seemingly slow starters, but once they get into form, the shows get better and longer, it appears...

favorite b-side: Luminous Times

Though I love Lady With The Spinning Head too. Hell, they've only got about a dozen brilliant ones!

rock888nwo said:
honestly....the first time isnt that great live...dont get me wrong, i enjoyed hearing it in boston this week...but it is a shame that the acoustic set has replaced the zootv encore...anyone agree

I actually enjoyed The First Time (at both Boston shows) a lot more than I did Crumbs the second night. :| It just wasn't that exciting; I kept waiting for it to end and it wouldn't. :reject:

angelordevil said:

That's awesome! I was in the ellipse...had lots of fun. My ears were shot for 2 days:ohmy: Ahh...worth it though.

You should check the audio section for the boot....some guy has it on his site...Joearro, I think his name is.

Someone on the U2 GTA Yahoogroup recommended earplugs for GA - a suggestion for which I was VERY thankful after TO2 and 3 :wink: I took an earplug out for about 10 seconds during Dashboard Confessional's set just to see if there was a difference, and there was a BIG difference! My ears didn't ring at all after the show :)

angelordevil said:

U2 are seemingly slow starters, but once they get into form, the shows get better and longer, it appears...

I know, Opening night was just short of 2 hours...now there playing almost 2 and half hours!

that's a wrap folks. Final setlist:

SETLIST

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co.
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While Snippet
7. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper / Blackbird / Many Rivers To Cross Snippets
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else (Bono broke drumstick)
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Please / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS

14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
>>>Much Bono & Adam Love (via Pop Artist text)
16. One / Old Man River Snippet

BREAK
17. First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
19. Fast Cars

20. All Because Of You
21. Crumbs From Your Table
22. Yahweh
23. With Or Without You

Drea said:

Someone on the U2 GTA Yahoogroup recommended earplugs for GA - a suggestion for which I was VERY thankful after TO2 and 3 :wink: I took an earplug out for about 10 seconds during Dashboard Confessional's set just to see if there was a difference, and there was a BIG difference! My ears didn't ring at all after the show :)

I <3 earlplugs. It cut a lot of the sharp treble piercing sounds, and it sounded even better

amerrydeath...i loved hearing crumbs...although the performance itself was subpar...just give them some time...im sure it will sound great soon

Very cool. I like WOWY as a closer, although if I were there, I'd be waiting and waiting for them to come back, because that's never a closer!

As much as I'd been saying WOWY should be dropped, I think it's so awesome it closed. Anyone know if it had Shine Like Stars or Love Will Tear Us Apart or any of that Lovetown goodness from when it closed?

How many closers have there been this tour?

4?

is that a record since the Lovetown days?

Axver, help me out here:wink:

FlyYourKite said:
That was a great set! :applaud:

Yeah, I just got back and almost freaked when I saw that they had played Fast Cars and Crumbs. I like WOWY at the end, too. One of the most beautiful songs ever, and a great way to send the audience out. That is, unless 40 comes along somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom