new songs for the rescheduled dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I just heard the new songs that are posted on u2.exit.com. While they sound a little rough/unfinished I'm hoping at least one of them is polished up for the rescheduled dates :hyper: it would be such a gift for the audiences who have waited so long to see them in their home countries.

though I did think I heard the expression "on my knees" in one of the songs... :giggle: we could have predicted there would be some reference to knees!

Hi ruffian :hug:

The All My Life song sounds like something they could finish soon. And it's awesome :drool:

Last edited:
U2Man! :hug: I just got back from Copenhagen a few weeks ago :drool:

And I loved that song :heart:

Where were you in Copenhagen? You should have told me, I could have shown you around :wink:

ruffian said:
I just heard the new songs that are posted on u2.exit.com. While they sound a little rough/unfinished I'm hoping at least one of them is polished up for the rescheduled dates :hyper: it would be such a gift for the audiences who have waited so long to see them in their home countries.

there is also an 18 minute clip over in where the album has no name :shh: :wink:

but yes, I think we might see a new song or two
:hyper: You never know - it might replace Pride :D

westendgirl said:
Well if it's 18 minutes at the very least it could replace the Sunday Bloody Sunday/Bullet the Blue Sky bit!

No song could ever replace sunday bloody sunday! whats a u2 gig without it?

Zooropean103 said:
^ Zoo TV. Or most of Popmart. Believe me, I have no problem with a U2 gig without SBS, WOWY, One...

I dont think u2 would ever play a gig without their big hits. Sunday bloody sunday is one of their most important songs, and if they didnt play it they themselves would feel like theres something missing.

Zooropean103 said:
^ Zoo TV. Or most of Popmart. Believe me, I have no problem with a U2 gig without SBS, WOWY, One...

Actually, the only tour to be entirely devoid of Sunday Bloody Sunday since the song's live debut was Lovetown (I believe because Bono didn't feel he could top the performance on the RAH video). ZooTV featured SBS at some third and fourth leg shows.

Zooropean103 said:
I'm 100% sure at least one (the rumoured single to be released in September) will be played on the remaining dates!

We still haven't heard Electrical Storm :shrug:

I'd like to hear that live before a rumored new single.

LemonMacPhisto said:

We still haven't heard Electrical Storm :shrug:

I'd like to hear that live before a rumored new single.

I honestly think it's never going to be played. Well, at least it makes a cool statistic - the only single to never be performed live.

ya Electrical Storm will never be played.

i just hope they would just stop playing BULLET and PRIDE. they are so deaddd....especially bullet.

Pride should still be played, but once every 2-3 shows cause of the crowd involvement.

Axver said:

Actually, the only tour to be entirely devoid of Sunday Bloody Sunday since the song's live debut was Lovetown (I believe because Bono didn't feel he could top the performance on the RAH video). ZooTV featured SBS at some third and fourth leg shows.

Bono never sung SBS on Popmart.

I just gett off nickel and diming Axver.

uhm.......I dont think they'll try some new song

Hope they insert some old song that is never been played during this tour (something from POP for example)

Axver said:

I honestly think it's never going to be played. Well, at least it makes a cool statistic - the only single to never be performed live.

mmm, statistics :drool:

they're heavy, heavy as a truck.

U2girl said:
Hoping for the rumoured September single.

Yeah, about a month away and its still only an internet rumor. :shrug: I appear to be one of the few on here that thinks there would be more "official" talk about it if it was really that close and was going to happen and thinks this or a new album anytime soon is extremely unlikely. I guess we will know shortly.

Here's a link to the songs in case some of you haven't heard them yet. I picked them up off of exit and for some reason you can't get them anymore (or manybe I don't know what I'm doing).

Pretty good stuff - it would be awesome to hear some of these in the upcoming shows. Does anyone know what the "working names" for these tracks are?

y s i .com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2A2FCB510AF89A4C

I hope you guys will get a somewhat different setlist than what we've experienced so far... However, taking U2's past into consideration, don't count on big surprises.

The core of the show is basically set in stone. When you look at the outdoor production in South-America, that show is kick-ass en picture perfect. I don't see U2 make many changes.

The show where you might see a few surprises would be Sydney 3, Tokyo 3 and the closer in Honolulu.

U2 makes a production for the 99% of the people who attend one show and not for the remaining 1% diehard-fans... sad, but true....

But hey, don't feel too sad.. I've attended about 20 U2 shows so far and I've never felt bored.... :wink:

wtonis said:
IU2 makes a production for the 99% of the people who attend one show and not for the remaining 1% diehard-fans... sad, but true....

But hey, don't feel too sad.. I've attended about 20 U2 shows so far and I've never felt bored.... :wink:

you make a good point. people bitched about setlists SO much on the last tour. i think that mostly happens if you are reading the setlists online rather than attending the shows...(who could be bored at a U2 show?? )

And as you point out, the assumption is that most people only attend one show, so of course they want to hear the standard songs and not something more obscure from the back catalogue.

I figure that it will be about a year since I saw a U2 show when I go to Hawaii and I honestly don't care if they play the same setlist that they played last December for the following reasons

1. I am in Hawaii
2. I am in Hawaii in December
3. Pearl Jam - Eddie Vedder - sexy in the creepy way
4. Never attended a stadium show
5. I am a U2 hussy - I don't care what they play as long as they play
6. Get to spend time with other u2 Hussy fans

Back
Top Bottom