New Lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
edge_toronto.jpg

these don't look familiar...

new lights, but because they are U2 they probabley suck to alot of people on this forum

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think they stole those lights from coldplay...

I hope not. The Coldplay lights were terrible, blasting in your eyes and blinding everyone in the front 20 rows. Not exactly a good way to draw your fans in.

I think maybe they got rid of that stupid BOY banner and replaced it with a bunch of horizontal strip lights (along the same aesthetic of the Eurigo screen...)

those were cool, they started glowing and slowly descended toward the stage!

Miracle drug had a completely different light show from the first leg, and an extended solo, and damn it needed it. It went from being a lackluster song to a great preformance! i don't know how they lit Miricle drug during the euro shows.

Love and peace was lit a bit differently and was really really cool, more like the React now preformance rather than the first leg preformance!

Fast cars and WOWY had great lighting too!

New lights! Woohoo. I missed a lot of the graphic/lighting of the show since I went early on the tour in April. Can't wait to see them now :drool:

Who gives a flying fuck about the lights, so what.

It's all about the music, man.

Some of the best U2 shows I've ever seen were on the Unforgettable Fire Tour when they just stood there for two hours under a pair of white spotlights and brought the house down night after night.

Lights are for stoners

Another Day said:
Who gives a flying fuck about the lights, so what.

It's all about the music, man.

Some of the best U2 shows I've ever seen were on the Unforgettable Fire Tour when they just stood there for two hours under a pair of white spotlights and brought the house down night after night.

Lights are for stoners

thank you for your insightful input.

if they're not gonna change the setlists... ever... then they at least better show me some cool effects... otherwise what's the bloody point of going to multiple shows?

yes... first and foremost, it's always about the music. and if they abandoned all the lighting and the "hearts" and "ellipses" and video screens and all that shit and just came out on a simple stage and played a different set-list every night, like pearl jam or springsteen do, then frankly i, and most everyone here, would be happy as the preverbial pig in shit. but they're not going to do that, and the reason we always get is because the choreograph the lighting and effects and all that crap... so thus that makes it an important part of the show... thus we're gonna talk about it, wether you like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom