Never mind Crumbs, what about Electrical Storm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know there have been a lot of people disappointed that Crumbs hasn't featured so far on the tour (myself included), but what about the great song that is Electrical Storm? I'm sure this would work live and it would be a refreshing "new" song, without being an eight live track from HTDAAB.

It seems more likely that if they were to play it they would play the version on the b-side disc of the second Best Of, as opposed to the William Orbit Mix. We know the band hasn't forgotten about this one, as it was tried out at the Brussels rehersal.

What do you guys think? I for one live in hope of its inclusion in the third leg :|

I think the William Orbit mix is much better. The way it builds up with barely any guitars in the verses makes for a more powerful chorus. Totally want to hear crumbs and electrical storm.

At the moment, Electrical Storm stands as the only U2 single to never be played live.

Edge did say it'd be played by the third leg, but I'm having my doubts now ...

Nicky, question is would the WO Mix work live? They would have to use synths or something. To be honest if they do do it I would have to see it as being the b-side mix. It's a bit surprising they haven't played it seeing as HMTMKMKM was pre-Pop and they did play that on Popmart.

Interesting point Axver... didn't think of that.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Nicky, question is would the WO Mix work live? They would have to use synths or something. To be honest if they do do it I would have to see it as being the b-side mix. It's a bit surprising they haven't played it seeing as HMTMKMKM was pre-Pop and they did play that on Popmart.

Interesting point Axver... didn't think of that.

I don't think it would be a problem they use backing tracks for other songs like Beautiful Day and Streets.

I would love to hear Electrical Storm. I guess the reason that I talk about Crumbs being missing instead of Electrical Storm, or A Man and a Woman, or Fast Cars is that it seemed such a cinch to be a part of the set....

Axver said:
At the moment, Electrical Storm stands as the only U2 single to never be played live.

Edge did say it'd be played by the third leg, but I'm having my doubts now ...

He Did actually say bring it in by the end of the tour.
So (Just to give us all a little hope)That, possibley means that They will bring it in at somepoint on the third leg.

it won't be played on this leg for sure. If it shows up, it will be on the third leg in a place like NY or Boston with a lot of nights. Even then, I have my doubts.

RademR said:
it won't be played on this leg for sure. If it shows up, it will be on the third leg in a place like NY or Boston with a lot of nights. Even then, I have my doubts.

I'm calling it in Toronto. Four shows to kick off the leg. If not then, then the five in New York.

mirrorballman said:
my lord i forgot bout that song already :huh: cant believe they havent played it yet, but to be fair i dont think its an easy song to play live...at least full band...

Yeah, can you imagine U2 being able to play their own song? That F sharp minor is a bitch. Hope a rock band that has sold over 100 million albums over 25 years can figure out how to play a song they wrote. :|

It's not the ability to play it, its the ability (or will) to rehearse.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:

Yeah, can you imagine U2 being able to play their own song? That F sharp minor is a bitch. Hope a rock band that has sold over 100 million albums over 25 years can figure out how to play a song they wrote. :|

It's not the ability to play it, its the ability (or will) to rehearse.

its not as easy you make it look. the songs mixed to perfection, there are some backing tracks, the sound is (for U2 songs) quite complex. if, then they're probably gonna play the normal version (and not the william orbit), but lets see...

anyway, if it'd be just about the ability, they would play every song! but there might be reasons why we'll never hear the likes of (for instance) acrobat etc....

The title of this thread is what's been on my mind since the tour started! I don't really care if they play it or not, I've loved every second of the concerts so far, but I was surprised when everyone freaked out that Crumbs, a brand new song, not a single, was not played and no one seemed to remember Electrical Storm. I don't think there's musically a good excuse not to play it. I saw a tribute band play it and it sounded fine to me. :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
The title of this thread is what's been on my mind since the tour started! I don't really care if they play it or not, I've loved every second of the concerts so far, but I was surprised when everyone freaked out that Crumbs, a brand new song, not a single, was not played and no one seemed to remember Electrical Storm. I don't think there's musically a good excuse not to play it. I saw a tribute band play it and it sounded fine to me. :shrug:

My thoughts exactly :up:

Back
Top Bottom