My top 10 Wishlist for Vertigo Aussie Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sken

Refugee
I'd like to see everyones wishlist for what you would like to see U2 do on the Aussie Leg. Please be realistic, eg. refer to material they have already done on the Vertigo tour, eg. requesting they play Acrobat, Hawkmoon or Lemon would be an unlikely possibility.

Here's mine:

* Extended Intro to Streets and Red Screens instead of Flags
* Electric Co to be a Staple
* Reduce Length Of Political Speeches to only a few short words
* Play One with 'Hear us Coming Lord' extended ending
* Play With Or Without You with 'Shine Like Stars' extended ending
* Play Bullet the Blue Sky with more raw power like on ZooTV and 'Slapping Down Those Dollar Bills' ending
* Bono needs to actually sing during the Fly
* When playing Zoo Station do the duckstep properly or dont do it at all
* No Vertigo x 2
* Play Bad/40 as closer

You dont ask for much do ya.

I'd love u2 to go back to the old red screens for streets and go back to playing bullet with raw energy and none of that jonny come home bollocks.

Play bullet normally or dont play it at all, that goes to
- The Fly
- With or without you
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Bad

Sken said:
I'd like to see everyones wishlist for what you would like to see U2 do on the Aussie Leg. Please be realistic, eg. refer to material they have already done on the Vertigo tour, eg. requesting they play Acrobat, Hawkmoon or Lemon would be an unlikely possibility.

Here's mine:

* When playing Zoo Station do the duckstep properly or dont do it at all

oh yeh!

In no particular order except for #1, which is a massive priority.

1. Full band, electric One Tree Hill. Preferably with extended solo Lovetown-style.
2. The Electric Co. as a staple.
3. Play Crumbs.
4. Play Fast Cars.
5. No Vertigo x2.
6. No waffling speeches! A couple of well-chosen, direct, to-the-point sentences that effectively get the message across.
7. Play Bad.
8. Play Gloria.
9. Play Discotheque.
10. Dump at least one of WOWY, Stuck, Pride, One.

1. Play atleast 4 ATYCLB songs every night.
2. Of those 4, Walk on should be played FULL BAND AND NOT ACOUSTIC.
3. Open with COBL, not Vertigo (I think this is likely anyway)
4. All shows must end with 40, not AIWIY or LIB or anything else.
5. Play The First Time
6. Play Out of control
7. Bring Miracle Drug back into the set.
8. Play sets of 22 songs +, out of which 11-12 must be from the last two albums.
9. No wailing during Streets like on the Chicago DVD
10. Play One with 'hear us coming'

and now for an unrealistic one.... PLEASE CHANGE THE OPENING ACT!

how sweet would it be if they brought back the popmart style streets outro :drool:

Yeah... regarding the music I'd die to hear Electric Co. Regarding the extended speeches I fear Bono can't help himself thesedays. I'm going with some family to one of the shows and I just know I'm gonna be embarassed when Bono goes into one his long winded rants. I know I sound uncaring/unfeeling but people don't go to rock shows to be lectured about the inequalities that exist in the world. For most people those inequalities exist due to cicrumstances way beyond their control. Sure the point of Bono's speeches thesedays we can supposedly make a difference but it goes over most people's heads.

AndrewCowley said:
For most people those inequalities exist due to cicrumstances way beyond their control. Sure the point of Bono's speeches thesedays we can supposedly make a difference but it goes over most people's heads.

"The landlord says if i don't pay the rent by Thursday i'm out on my arse, i can't afford to pay for food and my electricity is about to get cut off......and now i have to WORRY ABOUT THOSE POOR KIDS IN AFRICA TOO?"

Regarding Bono's speeches, I think Bono's doing more harm than good with his rambling, semi-directionless speeches. His message is important and his intentions good, but people just get bored and tune out, especially because he's giving a stock speech rather than something hugely passionate like before/during SBS on RAH. I think he would be much better served if he got straight to the point and said a couple of very well chosen sentences that ram home the point as effectively and succinctly as possible. People would not tune out; the message would have a better chance of being positively stuck in their memory.

shortfuse said:
1. Play atleast 4 ATYCLB songs every night.

Oh goodness, no. We're already going to be subjected to three for sure (BD, Elevation, and the awfulness of Stuck). The only way you'd get me to agree to four ATYCLB songs is if they were Walk On, Kite, WILATW, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet, all full band.

1. Play OOTS. Should be a staple. Bono and Edge said it themselves, best song on the album.
2. Dump Bullet. It's just not a great song. Give it a straight JT swap for OTH (NZ) and RHMT (for Aus) :drool:
3. No Vertigox2... just a waste.
4. Do not bring in Kayne for anything. Bad enough he's supporting.
5. No Beatles covers.
6. An INXS cover would be nice, "Don't Change" :drool:
7. Bad-40-Streets.
8. Proper intro for Streets.
9. One with extended ending.
10. WOWY with extended ending.

Not asking for much at all, well except 2 & 6

Key question, will it be dark for showtime in Oz and NZ? If it is I reckon they will start with COBL.

Jim said:
Key question, will it be dark for showtime in Oz and NZ? If it is I reckon they will start with COBL.

i was wondering that, it be summrtime or spring in that rea so i expect it be like for almost all the show.:huh:

Stuart(Adam's tech) plays bass during one of the Sydney shows. Maybe just during the encore or sumthin'.

Or play "40" with 3 bass players(Adam, Stuart and Edge)

vaz02 said:

i was wondering that, it be summrtime or spring in that rea so i expect it be like for almost all the show.:huh:

Nope. Australia and NZ are not as far south as Europe is north, so we don't have this problem. The only cities that could have potentially posed problems are Christchurch and Dunedin on New Zealand's South Island, and as we know, U2 isn't going there.

As a matter of fact, in Brisbane, even on the longest day of the year, the sun sets before 7pm. But we don't have daylight savings here in Queensland.

blueeyedgirl said:
Yep, you sure are backwards in Queensland!

:wink:

There's a very good reason why I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months: I hate Queensland.

AndrewCowley said:
I'm going with some family to one of the shows and I just know I'm gonna be embarassed when Bono goes into one his long winded rants. I know I sound uncaring/unfeeling but people don't go to rock shows to be lectured about the inequalities that exist in the world. For most people those inequalities exist due to cicrumstances way beyond their control. Sure the point of Bono's speeches thesedays we can supposedly make a difference but it goes over most people's heads.

Yes most rock shows.

If people don't know Bono makes long speeches by now...it's the same as fans complaining about Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam vocally critisizing Bush in US. You know what they stand for, so what's all the shock reaction about? He's been getting the "shut up and sing" routine back in 1987.

It's interesting though: when Bono meets politicians people get their knives out "Stick with the band and making music."
When he turns to making his point at his most natural platform, the stage at a U2 show, the knives are out again. :shrug:

Personally I think that "I would care but only if he keeps it under 5 minutes" is a poor excuse.

Not many requests, but in order:

1. Let there be no reason to cancel.
2. Get rid of Kanye West and bring on anyone else - even Kylie.
3. Electric Co staple - I've missed it.
4. Tapers tape and share (please)
5. More singing, less talking.
6. Vertigo x2 :reject: compromise then...start with it in the dark
7. A snippet of new material.

1. Play a Pop Encore
2. Put Electric Co. back into the set.
3. Change the awful Pride/Streets segue, make it something like Miss Sarajevo, Streets, Pride, One
4. No One with Mary J. Blige
5. Red backdrop and normal spotlights for Streets
6. Play Bullet either ZooTV or JT/Lovetown style or drop it.
7. Play Love is Blindness
8. No acoustic encore
9. Play Bad at most shows
10. Play something new if it's polished enough to do so.

Back
Top Bottom