My thoughts on the tour in this moment - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:01 AM
great review, especially about Adam's bass playing. That guy has become a briliant bass player (he was always good of course).

Old 07-10-2005, 08:43 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Zzzzzzz.....

Wow, even the mighty Paris gets the shaft. The idea that the setlists aren't changing because they are going from country to country instead of U.S. state to state doesn't make a lot of sense. Mississippi and California are as different as Austria and Germany, possibly more. Also, they hopped around the U.K. a bit and there wasn't much variation there either.

Hopefully they'll loosen up a bit over the 3 nights in Amsterdam (a visit to a "coffee shop" might help that as well). If not I woudn't hold out too much hope for the rest of this leg, or the tour for that matter. You'd think after the bombing in London we may have heard Peace on Earth. Apparently not.

The main point is that the band was QUOTED as saying they would be playing more material in Europe and that's just not true. All they've done is put WOWY into permanent rotation, which is about the lamest decision of the tour so far, make Vertigo the permanent closer (lame decision #2), and give WGRYWH and An Cat Dubh the slip. I don't need to tell all of you that these AREN'T improvements, right?

So which is it? Lazy or crazy?

going back to sleep...

lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #18
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 04:01 PM
I agree with the Zoo TV encore thing about WOWY not working well after The Fly...NOT AT ALL!!

it might be better like this....

usual show then.....
Pride
Streets
With or Without You/Bad (interchanging)
------------------------------
Zoo Station
The Fly
End of the World/Real Thing/Mysterious Ways (interchanging)
One

------------------------------
usual show continues..........
Old 07-10-2005, 11:23 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Zzzzzzz.....

Wow, even the mighty Paris gets the shaft. The idea that the setlists aren't changing because they are going from country to country instead of U.S. state to state doesn't make a lot of sense. Mississippi and California are as different as Austria and Germany, possibly more. Also, they hopped around the U.K. a bit and there wasn't much variation there either.

Hopefully they'll loosen up a bit over the 3 nights in Amsterdam (a visit to a "coffee shop" might help that as well). If not I woudn't hold out too much hope for the rest of this leg, or the tour for that matter. You'd think after the bombing in London we may have heard Peace on Earth. Apparently not.

The main point is that the band was QUOTED as saying they would be playing more material in Europe and that's just not true. All they've done is put WOWY into permanent rotation, which is about the lamest decision of the tour so far, make Vertigo the permanent closer (lame decision #2), and give WGRYWH and An Cat Dubh the slip. I don't need to tell all of you that these AREN'T improvements, right?

going back to sleep...

lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lazy:

If there ever was an "opportunity"(you know what I mean) then this must be it. Let's face it people: with the exception of dublin, Europe got screwed. Indeed more than one member(you know who i mean) was quoted about the change of setlists in Europe.
What did they do: Bad is gone, WGRYWH is gone, Gloria is gone, An cat dubh is gone. by gone I mean hasn;t been played more than once or twice thusfar. We gained: Vertigo twice(THE most stupendous concertmove EVER by the band), Still haven't found is back, WOWY is back(better version then the last two tours thank god)and I will follow. I know a lot of people(who are going to the amsterdam shows) who heared about the us setlists and now the european setlist are a bit dissapointed and NO they have not been to a concert yet and yes we all now what a kick ass experience a U2 concert is. There are lots of people who only go to one concert and miss out on songs they hoped to see them play once in a lifetime. Let's say you went to both Parisgigs. You got the same set 2 days in a row with the exception of one song(one less song). The excuse of getting used to the stadiums is over. Just except that they have become incredibly lazy as of late when it comes to performing. I think everybody will have a great time but to be honest:thusfar Europe got screwed and dublin has been to only city of exceptional lovemaking...

I am VERY curious about their sets for the next 3 concerts...They might help me forget about my lov going away for 2 months for her job.. U2 better not fuck this up!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Zzzzzzz.....

going back to sleep...

lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
thats simply not true, the band were NEVER quoted about playing new stuff, it was just a rumour posted here, as i posted the other day, U2 done the same on the ZooTv tour, played the SAME setlist mostly EVERY night, without even changing 1 song,

its not U2 getting predictable, its these kinda posts
Old 07-11-2005, 12:06 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
thats simply not true, the band were NEVER quoted about playing new stuff, it was just a rumour posted here, as i posted the other day, U2 done the same on the ZooTv tour, played the SAME setlist mostly EVERY night, without even changing 1 song,

its not U2 getting predictable, its these kinda posts
But KUEFC09U2, you can not compare the concept of the zootour with this one a different time, different attitude and Bono has really said, I have it on video, that they would have to shake up the set in europe and that america was just warm up. Well give me the warm up any day of the week. I'm glad that I witnessed one of the great sets of this tour Chicago IV, unfortunately a lot of people are not so lucky and you can say whatever you like and I respect yor opinion greatly but the fact remains that Europe thusfar has not been too exciting with the exception of Dublin 3 nights..The concerts may be be good but the sets are (IMHO) medriocre at best.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zwervers2

Lazy:

If there ever was an "opportunity"(you know what I mean) then this must be it. Let's face it people: with the exception of dublin, Europe got screwed. Indeed more than one member(you know who i mean) was quoted about the change of setlists in Europe.
What did they do: Bad is gone, WGRYWH is gone, Gloria is gone, An cat dubh is gone. by gone I mean hasn;t been played more than once or twice thusfar. We gained: Vertigo twice(THE most stupendous concertmove EVER by the band), Still haven't found is back, WOWY is back(better version then the last two tours thank god)and I will follow. I know a lot of people(who are going to the amsterdam shows) who heared about the us setlists and now the european setlist are a bit dissapointed and NO they have not been to a concert yet and yes we all now what a kick ass experience a U2 concert is. There are lots of people who only go to one concert and miss out on songs they hoped to see them play once in a lifetime. Let's say you went to both Parisgigs. You got the same set 2 days in a row with the exception of one song(one less song). The excuse of getting used to the stadiums is over. Just except that they have become incredibly lazy as of late when it comes to performing. I think everybody will have a great time but to be honest:thusfar Europe got screwed and dublin has been to only city of exceptional lovemaking...

I am VERY curious about their sets for the next 3 concerts...They might help me forget about my lov going away for 2 months for her job.. U2 better not fuck this up!!!
Well I could make a prediction.....you'll get 2 standard nights.....like the ones we just saw....and the then a third night like Dublin 3.....
Old 07-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

And I might add....Amsterdam 3 will sadly be the last exciting setlist, we'll see in Europe.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

Well I could make a prediction.....you'll get 2 standard nights.....like the ones we just saw....and the then a third night like Dublin 3.....

I think you are right. My brother is only going to the saturdayshow and he NEVER has a bad setlist by any band!
lucky bastard
Old 07-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
And I might add....Amsterdam 3 will sadly be the last exciting setlist, we'll see in Europe.
Glad I'm going
Old 07-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Glad I'm going
Yeah, if I could chose which night to go, I would go for the third I just hope that they bring the camera crew recording the DVD's for the third night, too. It would be a disaster if they only recorded the first night (they didn't record the fourth Chicago show, did they?)
Old 07-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Glad I'm going...
Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #28
War Child

Quote:

Yeah, if I could chose which night to go, I would go for the third I just hope that they bring the camera crew recording the DVD's for the third night, too. It would be a disaster if they only recorded the first night (they didn't record the fourth Chicago show, did they?)
The normal way of doing a DVD shoot like this is use the 1st night as a rehearsal... Stadium shows require a little more practise and camera's then a arena show... So normally the material of the first night is not used... The second night would be the primary shoot... If this would be a disapointing shoot, they'd use the 3rd night aswell...

They did the same thing on a Rolling Stones DVD shoot in Amsterdam... The first day they did a rehearsal, but the second day got cancelled (Jagger was sick)... Eventually they used the Twickenham show for the DVD, but all reheasal wide angle shots are still from Amsterdam on that DVD... You can clearly see the roof of the Amsterdam Arena on every single wide angle shot...

On of the reason's why the Amsterdam Arena is very good for filming concert DVD's is that they have a gigantic black backdrop behind the stage covering all unused seating... This improves the look of the stage... Furthermore this stadium has a whole lot of house lighting used for lighting the audience seatings... (and I don't mean the houselights, but subtle lighting)... Of course the roof means a perfect environment...
Old 07-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

But KUEFC09U2, you can not compare the concept of the zootour with this one a different time, different attitude and Bono has really said, I have it on video, that they would have to shake up the set in europe and that america was just warm up. Well give me the warm up any day of the week. I'm glad that I witnessed one of the great sets of this tour Chicago IV, unfortunately a lot of people are not so lucky and you can say whatever you like and I respect yor opinion greatly but the fact remains that Europe thusfar has not been too exciting with the exception of Dublin 3 nights..The concerts may be be good but the sets are (IMHO) medriocre at best.
well theres the thing, i dont think its mediocre, so whos right? imo there is a great mix in the "standard" setlist
Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 AM   #30
The Fly

They play seven tunes off thier latest album, and STILL people say the Vertigo tour feels likes a Greatest Hits package.

Bizarre.