My mother won't let me go to Dublin... HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK, I payed the 40$. I have ticketing priority. If I want to then Dublin, Ireland, 2005, U2 live in concert is possible. Now, I'd love to go with someone, but noone can afford to go Ireland (they all go to Copenhagen, no die-hard fans like me!) so, well, I'd just go alone I thought. I told the plans to my mother (I'm 16) but she told me that it was out of the question. People get drunk, some get violent, people get raped (I'm a boy, but still) and even though the majority of people had a great night it's dangerous for a boy my age in Ireland.

Is she paranoid or am I insane if I think it'll be just fine?

(I REALLY WANT TO GO TO DUBLIN!!!)

Ask somebody from your family to go with you. Mayby even your mother can do it if you will please her a lot? In the worst event you can escape from your home :p

That's the last possible option. To go with my father or something.
But people with tour experience... is it really that dangerous?

Well, I've been to Ireland a couple of times and went to the first Slane show in 2001 and I wouldn't call it dangerous at all. I do understand that your mom is worried, but anything can happen anywhere and in most cases nothing bad happens. Dublin isn't any more dangerous than Copenhagen, and I didn't see or experience anything bad at the Slane show.

Once the tour is announced, why wouldn't you ask here who is going to one of the Dublin shows and get to know them and make plans together? Your mother would be relieved if she knew you wouldn't be all alone.

I'm so bad at giving any advice really, but I do wish you'll be able to go to Dublin to see U2! :up:

Back
Top Bottom