My Friend vs. Fake Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
innominata8 said:

while i don't think this issue is ticketmaster's fault, if they really gave a damn about their consumers they'd do something along the lines of putting a watermark on the tickets...anything that would make them remotely difficult to copy.

that's a good idea and all, but guess who'd pay for that type of thing. Hint...not U2 or Ticketmaster.

I guess it would really suck if you overpay for tickets on Ebay and you get to the door and the scan won't work. If it was reserved seats, I'd raise holy hell and get them to check the tickets of the people sitting in my seats. If they were GA tix, they would get screwed because they could never find teh person who faked the ticket.

rastacruz said:

that's a good idea and all, but guess who'd pay for that type of thing. Hint...not U2 or Ticketmaster.

I

yeah, that's probably true... for my $50 ticket there was about a $10 ticketmaster service charge, which, in my opinion, boils down to a 20% markup on the price of the ticket. you'd think with that kind of profit (for doing nothing more than printing out a piece of paper....) they could invest in some sort of nifty 'technology' that would make it a bit more of a challenge to copy a ticket...

just my 2 cents...

I'm with ya, innominata8...they should do something like that.

Maybe U2 can do what the Grateful Dead used to do and print their own tickets which were VERY hard to counterfeit. Those tickets went to people who used the mail-order system to get tickets. They also looked WAY cooler than the usual ticket. :)

:madspit: Geez, what even happened to treat others as you want to be treated? Karma will kick him in the butt sooner or later. :angry:

I don't understand these sellers on e-bay that post pics of the ENTIRE ticket - BARCODE AND ALL for everyone to see! Some of them are these huge pictures that could be so easily duplicated by others. I always block out the barcode and the seat numbers whenever I sell tickets online. I'm probably gonna start pasting my e-bay ID on the pics as well.

Also - not a good idea to buy tix from a seller that posts a pic of the entire ticket.

Not Good! He's screwing someone out of getting into the show. If its a GA he might get away with it, but if he's using the same seat #'s he is risking quite a bit.

Ticketmaster needs to do a lot more about protecting the actual tickets from fraud. I mean even my Vertigo floor wristband had reflective material in it that showed up under a UV scan before we went onto the floor.

That is the shittiest thing I've heard of in a while. :censored: :censored: And to me, the mere fact that you even ask about it indicates you know it was wrong. :mad:

I am NOT attacking you personally, SB, but did you reallly think anyone here would tell you this was a great idea!, your friend is brilliant!, we should all start stealing tickets from paying concert goers!, etc, etc???? :shame: I don't believe so.. because you knew before you opened the thread that this was f*cked up. Just because you can get away with something doesn't mean it's OK to do it. :rant:

:reject: OK - I'll come down off my soapbox now...

Last edited:
It's funny how people keep putting quotes around the word friend. Well, we all know it twas not me for I have not been able to get at o U2 concert yet this tour. My first U2 concert this tour will be New Jersey Wednesday night and I am siked.

SMB

That's a horrible thing to do and really screws a lot of people in the ass (and the wallet). But I think it's amazing that "your friend" got it to work. That seems like it wouldn't work.

I didn't mean to imply that it was you who did this. It's just hard for me to call a thieve a friend.

Your friend deliberately fucked over somebody else. Probably someone who paid a lot for those tickets. Only one barcode gets in, so he might as well have mugged two people for their tickets outside the arena at gunpoint. But he didn't even have the balls to do that.

It's wrong and if you are his friend you should tell him what an asshole he is for doing what he did.

Not that I agree with what this guy did, but I find it amusing how people are so worked up about it. You know, we'd all laugh if someone did it at the show of a group each of us despise, but since it's U2 and one of us could be denied entrance we get all upset.

Just shows we are all most interested in what directly touches us (or what potentially does).

indra said:
You know, we'd all laugh if someone did it at the show of a group each of us despise, but since it's U2 and one of us could be denied entrance we get all upset.

Just shows we are all most interested in what directly touches us (or what potentially does).

I wonder why you think you know this?

I say a much preferable way of getting in is swipping tickets out of a scalpers hands as he's pointing them in the air, offering them for sale.

u2fp

BluRmGrl said:
That is the shittiest thing I've heard of in a while. :censored: :censored: And to me, the mere fact that you even ask about it indicates you know it was wrong. :mad:

I am NOT attacking you personally, SB, but did you reallly think anyone here would tell you this was a great idea!, your friend is brilliant!, we should all start stealing tickets from paying concert goers!, etc, etc???? :shame: I don't believe so.. because you knew before you opened the thread that this was f*cked up. Just because you can get away with something doesn't mean it's OK to do it. :rant:

:reject: OK - I'll come down off my soapbox now...

i think the spirit of the thread was more along the lines of, "i know someone who did this...how should i approach them about it"... people seem to be giving SMB a hard time...

threwabrick said:

Last time I checked, sneaking into a show is stealing...:shame:

That is true, but I do have to say that at least he was not screwing over a fan who spent their money on a ticket. He was just sneaking into the venue.

Shawn Bonneau said:
This makes me wanna bring my Ticketmaster printout with me to the Jersey show.

SMB

I always bring the printout with me anyway since I had a problem on the Elevation tour. My tics never arrived from ticketmaster and when I got to the show there were 2 guys in my seats with my tickets. Fortunatly I did bring the printout, just in case of any problems, and they got thrown out to the curb.
The downside with buying tics on ebay is that you really have no proof.
I think the sellers of tickets on ebay should also provide to you the ticketmaster printout so there would be proof.

indra said:
You know, we'd all laugh if someone did it at the show of a group each of us despise, but since it's U2 and one of us could be denied entrance we get all upset.

This is not something I would laugh about no matter who the group is. :slant:

Last edited:
Never mind what we think....tell your buddy that Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam would kick his fucking ass, they don't want him in their audience! matter of fact, smack him for us...that's a start! :mad:

Last edited:
Frankly, if one of my friends did this I'd be really questioning my affiliation with them because this kind of thing is usually not an isolated event. It says a great deal about their character.

ramblin rose said:

I wonder why you think you know this?

Because I've read posts about bands not typically liked by fans on this board, and quite frankly no one gives a crap if those bands' fans get screwed over or not. In fact when they do, many people find it funny. You might not, but many do.

I wouldn't support it no matter what the ticket was for-yes indeed, it does say a great deal about someone's character.

Unfortunately things aren't all that idyllic, there are plenty of U2 fans who do unethical things.

I think it's wrong no matter what band or show it is. If it's true it worries me that you might have given some other idoit a new idea. :|

Great, I know now what I shall tell him. I ask now that this thread becomes closed so the area doesn't seep out, so mobs, please. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and concerns.

SMB

man this is wrong, make sure u tell your friend not to try it again and actually purchase the tix himself :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom