Must Have Items in GA Line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuke126

War Child
i'll be flying down to San Diego for openning night, and was lucky enough to score 2 GA from the presale. I never went GA for a big show like this where i would have to line up hours before the show. I am planning on getting to the arena around 6am. I would like to know what items i should bring. I know there are a lot of fans here that have had the GA line experience and i don't want to leave anything behind.

so far i know i'm bringing
food
drinks
guitar
possibly a camera

what else? (please list realistic things)

sunscreen
items for poster making
lawn chair
blanket?
ipod with speakers?
cell phone

this might sound gross or whatever but its happened to me plenty of times while at concerts. which is getting laid, make sure to bring a good bunch of condoms with you and some lube, just in case.... some jack daniels would be nice to pass the time, leave your ego at home too, dont want any trouble from other people

GOOD LUCK

u2valleygirl said:
A lawn chair, magazines or books and a sweater. Don't bring too many drinks.:wink:

I second this. The last thing you need is to have to go to the bathroom once you're inside and you've staked out your spot right next to the stage. In fact, I wouldn't drink anything at all starting two hours before the show.

I'm bringing sunscreen and My Video camera for the Documentary. I'm pretty sure my friend is bringing everything else. If not we'll be ordering alot of pizza.

Id like to organize a texas hold em tournament in the phoenix and boston GA lines. Hopefully, I can win back the cost of my tickets!!

Interesting thread because I had made up a list of things I`ll need to pack as well.

For the GA line in San Diego I have:

camera
film
book
sunscreen
hat (I`m fair and not used to hot weather!)
water
cellphone (to coordinate with my friends who are joining us)
blanket (which I`ll probably pick up in Tijuana the day before)
pen & paper (in case I somehow run into the band and need an autograph, hehe!)
chocolate-covered espresso beans (if I drink coffee I`ll have to go to the washroom a lot but I`ll need my caffeine fix somehow and I think this is the best way)

and a few people are bringing games to help pass the time. The hotel where we`re staying is across the street so someone will be returning all of the odds and extras prior to the show.

Also - check the weather channel the day before the show - if the forecast calls for rain, you`ll want to bring appropriate gear + umbrella

Last edited:
I've actually thought about what I would bring after being in 3 GA lines for the Elevation tour last year.

I brought gum for people in line. I also bought water for people as well.

The one thing that I plan on bringing to my 6 GA trips this year are bootlegs disks to either trade or give away. I have some from last year's tour and some from War tour and October tour.

I'm going to give them to folks who are kind to me or those that need a pick me up.

Back
Top Bottom