MUNICH Fans! '40' or other requests ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
ok am gonna play devils advocat here, but what about the people that a)like the setlist b)like vertigo x 2?

do you not think its abit selfish telling the people that dont like to take signs, when maybe the people that do like havent seen it, or dont read this board, so cant defend it?

all this sign taking, petition signing is going over the top now imo

1. What's wrong with a song request?
2. So you actually want the setlist to stay exactly as it is, there's nothng at all else that you'd like to hear?

Axver said:

1. What's wrong with a song request?
2. So you actually want the setlist to stay exactly as it is, there's nothng at all else that you'd like to hear?

nothing wrong with a request

and i really wouldnt be to botherd if it stayed the same or changed, simple because i know i wont be going to every single show, and i know the majority of people arent going to every single show

i just think this whole petition,sign making etc is going abit to far, imo is upto the band what they want to play not us, there the ones that made the songs,

plus i have seen in sevral threads you pretty much defending the setlist, we havent had a 4 shows 1 city this tour, we have had 2 citys that have had 3 shows, and they have had suprises, which is what they have done in pretty much every tour besides lovetown am i correct? now am not saying the set wont change for the 3rd leg, who knows because i dont as this tour has the most actual song suprises out the lot of them

Fine, fine, fine - but this thread is dedicated to those, who will ATTEND the Munich show (as me) and will be in the pit (unfortunately not as me). So, this is not a setlist thread, but an emotional message to some girls and guys with courage and interest to slightly influence and impress the band - which has worked inthe past a lot!
My idea is, that those, who want to change the setlist slightly, might request "40", "Desire", "Slow Dancing" or watever he/she wants on signs - or go onstage and rock Munich with U2 together. Yes, that would be "A Sort Of Homecoming" in Germany ...

You don't have to request Vertigo twice - they'll do it, but maybe there is a chance for '40', too!

No, at the end incl. "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall", because the weather will be a mess tomorrow night in Munich ...

Has BAD been played in europe 2005 yet?

Also, how strong has the audience reaction been when 40 was played at a couple shows? I know it died out really quickly at some american shows.

u2fp

Bad has been played in Europe only once: Dublin 3 was the place to be - also for this tune being performed perfectly and emotionally stunning: including Bono and the 80.000 singing "Dirty Old Town" in the middle, before the band brought the tune to its beautiful original live "Wide awake ..." ending.
Well '40' has been performed twice over here: Amsterdam 3 and, guess what, Dublin 3. Both performances were breath taking, but Dublin 3 has had more magic in it, I think. The people celebrated it and sung their lungs out, while in Holland the tune faded out a bit earlier.
But, anyway, Munich fans, if you'd like to request with signs, you might do (nearly) everybody here a favour in possibly shaking up a very good, but at the moment too solid set list ...

Back
Top Bottom