Multiple GA ticket users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

regularguy

The Fly
So, what do you all think about someone who purchases multiple GA tickets -- say 5, 6, 7 or even 8 -- and then keeps going in and out of the arena until she/he gets into the bomb shelter.

Heard about this happening recently -- took 5 tries.

On the one hand, it's her money, right? And if she can figure out a way to defeat the 2 ticket limit, well we've all done things to get around these rules. Still, that's 4 fans who might have been shut out.

Is there an ethical issue here, or is it all's fair in love and tickets and GA?

Why exit? Just hand the scanner all your tickets on the first pass.

I think it would be better to spread those GA's over multiple shows.

I just keep waiting to hear that someone hacked the system. Honestly that sounds easier than securing 8 GA tickets. :eek:

Jeez you would think there are bars of gold or something waiting for you if you get in the ellipse. :eyebrow:

Hardly worth all that trouble and money in my opinion.

seriously theres almost a better view from along the rail on the outside of the ellipse anyway

i guess if you cant go to the show until late it may be a good idea :shrug:

is being outside of the ellipse really that bad?
seems like such a huge waste of money to go through all of that trouble. then what if you don't even get into the ellipse with any of the tickets? think how many shows you could've seen (or how many friends you could've taken) for the amount it cost just to pull that stunt at one show...

but hey, to each their own, i guess.

i personally will not be doing that. :wink:

My Momma might have raised an Eclipser

I want to be an eclipser but not at a High cost
dollarwise and timewise (translation I have a Family to Support)
so although it would be great if my GA says :
On the floor you stay
it will be ok.

Waiting on our turn in Boston...........

Sicy said:
Jeez you would think there are bars of gold or something waiting for you if you get in the ellipse. :eyebrow:

Hardly worth all that trouble and money in my opinion.

Sorry Sicy but that seems a bit contradictory to this ...

"... Jim who was the last of us to get his ticket scanned, beeped!! So since he is not so hardcore like us interferencers he gave me his ticket and I took April into the ellipse. FRONT ROW! Edge's side. It was so incredible.. no words!! ...

... This band is just so INCREDIBLE! I am feeling very lucky and blessed to have had such a wonderful experience"

Maybe Sicy you went disappointed often enough to appreciate it. If I remember correctly you wouldn’t have made the heart in Vegas if Diamond hadn’t called you. (Could be wrong though)

There was a guy selling GA's outside of Glendale 2 for 50 bucks. I did consider buying one so I would get two chances of the lottery but I was pretty well spent out by then.

I think of people like chrisedge who has been to 30 (something) shows and being in the ellipse was the closest he had ever been to the band. I also think of the 500 fans from all over the world who were in SD on opening day by 9:30 am. To some fans the ellipse might as well be filled with bars of gold.

7 GA's, thats about $400 face value or more like $1000 since you can't get that many through ticketbastard.

If you insisted on blowing that kind of cash why wouldn't you just invite seven friends to see the show for free (they would owe you a steak dinner) with the understanding that if they get beeped they take you into the ellipse. At least you wouldn't be throwing 6 tickets away...

the olive said:
7 GA's, thats about $400 face value or more like $1000 since you can't get that many through ticketbastard.

If you insisted on blowing that kind of cash why wouldn't you just invite seven friends to see the show for free (they would owe you a steak dinner) with the understanding that if they get beeped they take you into the ellipse. At least you wouldn't be throwing 6 tickets away...

Someone that would actually try this probably doesn't have 6 friends !!!

I managed to get 20 GAs to both Oakland shows in November (with 2 of my homies) and there is NO way I would ever do that!

I will give the GAs to my friends and if any of them win the lottery, then they can take me in there with them!

I really think anyone who did this (if anyone actually did) just has too much money to burn!

Bring your friends! Make people happy while increasing your chances!

bort269 said:
I managed to get 20 GAs to both Oakland shows in November (with 2 of my homies) and there is NO way I would ever do that!

I will give the GAs to my friends and if any of them win the lottery, then they can take me in there with them!

I really think anyone who did this (if anyone actually did) just has too much money to burn!

Bring your friends! Make people happy while increasing your chances!

Wow, how did you get 20?

Its possible to get 10 GA tickets if you hire people to wait in line and be first in line to get tickets at outlets. I should have done this for D.C. but I think that I'll be in the Ellipse for both shows.:lol:

the olive said:

Wow, how did you get 20?

Trust me anything is possible. My name user name proves it. Logic doesn't make any sense. I go against logic most of the time and still pull it off.

It is my understanding that the person I was talking about in the original story did in fact purchase all of her tickets at face value.

Oakland GA's

I ended up with 8 total GA's for both Oakland shows through the Coliseum pre-sale. I think I am doing the same w/my friends- I will treat them but whoever gets beeped knows who is going w/them.....

isnt it better than to purchase the 8 tix for different shows than you will see 8 shows and still have 8 chances to get into the bomb shelter (is that the official name for the ellipse now or just something bono said just once?)

"isnt it better than to purchase the 8 tix for different shows"

Did you try and get GA tix?

I wasn't even close on the SJ Shows. With the Oakland pre-sale deal, I couldn't pass up buying the allotted amount. It was almost too easy. Now my friends who weren't able to get GA's also for SJ through the pre-sale now can relax and we can all go to Oakland.

one person buying that many ga tixs suck because other u2 fans lose out. but i guess if that person has money to burn.

icelle said:
one person buying that many ga tixs suck because other u2 fans lose out. but i guess if that person has money to burn.

I think this is a real interesting thread, but this is actually the first post that kind of gets to my original question.

I agree very much with the first sentence of this post. I think it stinks to buy tickets you're not going to use. I actually did a much lesser version of this myself -- I had a good reserved ticket for phoenix, but when the tickets were dropped a few days before the show I bought a $50 floor ticket to take a shot at getting in the bomb shelter. I did not, and I sat in my seat.

I thought nothing about it, but now I really really wish I hadn't done it, because I'm sure there were people who really could have used this ticket or who ended up spending $180 on a reserved seat that they didn't want to spend.

The story I told about the 8 GA woman is true and it's a much more exaggerated version of what I did and my question was about the ethics of it all.

It seems to me that I have an unduly silly version of this and that most posters don't think it's a big deal at all, although most posts in the thread address the financial or logistical aspects, not the ethical ones.

The way I understand it, staff checks the capacity of the ellipse just before the band comes on. If there's room, they invite people near the entrance. If that's true, buying 8 GAs wouldn't reduce the number of people inside, it just changes who those 8 would be.

I'll respond to the ethical question. It is unethical, because this person may have the money to waste, but is not questioning her motive for doing so. Maybe she is a big fan but so are many others. I couldn't do anything like it because my conscience would bother me (it's hard to walk by a guy playing his guitar in the train station trying to make a few bucks) so I don't like when people have the attitude of , "well I earned the money, I'll spend it the way I want," blah, blah... it's attitudes like this that contribute to the ever-widening gap between rich and poor. :mad:
(not to say this is this person's attitude, but it sure seems that way)

I'll get off my soap box now.... :blahblah:

Last edited:
I'll probably keep my extra GA for Montreal

I came up with 4 GA's for Montreal and was planning on scalping 1 at face value (afraid to figure out how the Canadian justice system works for Yanks) the day of since they are all will called. At this point, 1 more chance at the bomb shelter is probably better than the $50 I was going to get scalping (hell that's $50 Canadian which is what, like a $40 US?). Scanning 8 to use one is sick. I had to buy 4 to get the three I need, and at this point look at is as I would have spent that money to get 3 GA's in US dollars for a show in the states.

Super_Fan said:
Its possible to get 10 GA tickets if you hire people to wait in line and be first in line to get tickets at outlets.

I didn't hire anyone, I just found a GA goldmine that only the Oakland venue had where we were allowed to buy GAs before the general sale (yet after the U2.com presale) for only $9 extra a ticket. With each of my friends we were able to buy up to 4 GAs to each night, completely legit with no additional surcharges and we now have our tickets in our hands.

My point was that I would rather bring a bunch of friends with me (making so many others happy) and still having my chances of getting in the ellipse increase, than leave 7 U2 fans with no tickets.

To the arguement that they fill up the ellipse to capacity no matter what... that is true, but then there would still be 7 open floor seats outside the ellipse and fans could still be enjoying that! (just getting inside the building is hard enough for many fans)

bort269 said:
To the arguement that they fill up the ellipse to capacity no matter what... that is true, but then there would still be 7 open floor seats outside the ellipse and fans could still be enjoying that! (just getting inside the building is hard enough for many fans)

Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way....

Back
Top Bottom