Montreal II Setlist Party, Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nite nite folks! :wave:
1.gif

I'm going too

and no one could explain to me the Arcade Fire thing about them going into the audience... :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yeah, i forgot about that! man, they did that version for like half an hour, didn't they?

Ya, it was sooooooooooo awesome.

The best part was when Bono put his mic down just to experience the Blige thing.

Then inspired, the rest of the boys - Edge, Adam, and Larry too - first the Edge had his fire extinguished by Dallas who took the axe from his hands, then Adam put his bass on the stage floor, and finally Larry sat on his sticks... and they just listened to Mary J. soulfully rework One - creating it into an instant masterpiece.

The whole audience then just wept in unison.

pepokiss said:
I'm going too

and no one could explain to me the Arcade Fire thing about them going into the audience... :shrug:

It's called using the ellipse.

I got Popmart Sarajevo today and listened today...poor Bono's voice was just harsh. :(

Jamescorymiko said:
Ya, it was sooooooooooo awesome.

The best part was when Bono put his mic down just to experience the Blige thing.

Then inspired, the rest of the boys - Edge, Adam, and Larry too - first the Edge had his fire extinguished by Dallas who took the axe from his hands, then Adam put his bass on the stage floor, and finally Larry sat on his sticks... and they just listened to Mary J. soulfully rework One - creating it into an instant masterpiece.

The whole audience then just wept in unison.
beautiful :sad:

Shoot! I just missed the Bono interview with George Strombouloupolous (?) on CBC. I only caught the part where George said it was the loudest he's heard a crowd at a concert in many, many years and how even U2 seemed surprised by the reaction (which is funny b/c that's the norm for Montreal)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Shoot! I just missed the Bono interview with George Strombouloupolous (?) on CBC. I only caught the part where George said it was the loudest he's heard a crowd at a concert in many, many years and how even U2 seemed surprised by the reaction (which is funny b/c that's the norm for Montreal)

I think it's on again at 3am. It is in Toronto anyway.

So was this the setlist?

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encores:
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Love Will Tear Us Apart (with AF)
All Because Of You
Yahweh

QB, check out this pic my friend made, lol. It's when I was in loooooooooove with Jason (which never really stopped, lol). She took his head and put it on an asshead's body. :madspit:

wendyjason2.jpg

So it seems the question is whether or not ABOY was performed ...

Back
Top Bottom