Montreal II Party and hopefully a Setlist Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pepokiss said:
but how do the y walk still playing... I can see the guitar and bass... but the drums? :scratch:
ArcadeFire1.jpg

That pic is from Chicago in September, during Wake Up, but you get the idea :wink:

kellyahern said:

You'll be our representative :up:.

i'll wear a funny nose and glasses so no one notices my nationality.

:shh:

Wenda $2000? Where the hell do you live?

angel_28 said:

Are you from Montreal?...please say yes..lol...i'm kinda feeling sorry for myself today because i'm not there...which sounds bad..because Saturday night was amazing...and i should really be thankful for what i got...:)...and i am..:drool:

No, I'm in Toronto. But I want to be there RIGHT NOW! Standing outside stalking...er...I mean, seeing if I could meet them, lol.

Why I'm not at tonight's show is beyond me (Montreal is an hour and a half away) but I went to the Ottawa & Montreal 1 show.

A little funny thing happened Sat. night - the guy from Arcade Fire (the tall, lanky member with the glasses) came out of the ellipse, which was absolutely jam-packed for some reason (as was the floor actually) and stood behind me for a bit on the general floor. When he tried to go back in the ellipse security actually said no and turned him away!! (I think it's because there were too many people or something in there at some point)

Obviously they didn't recognize him - he didn't put up a fuss, just said "okay" and came to stand by me again.

He tried 20 mins later after some people left the ellipse and they let him back in.

Last edited:
angel_28 said:

Are you from Montreal?...please say yes..lol...i'm kinda feeling sorry for myself today because i'm not there...which sounds bad..because Saturday night was amazing...and i should really be thankful for what i got...:)...and i am..:drool:

hey, I was there saturday too... In the ellipse, Adam's side.:drool:
I've been stupid enough to sell my tickets for tonight, but they weren't GA

ladywithspinninghead said:
Why I'm not at tonight's show is beyond me (Montreal is an hour and a half away) but I went to the Ottawa & Montreal 1 show.

A little funny thing happened Sat. night - the guy from Arcade Fire (the tall, lanky member with the glasses) came out of the ellipse, which was absolutely jam-packed for some reason (as was the floor actually) and stood behind me for a bit on the general floor. When he tried to go back in the security actually said no and turned him away!! (I think it's because there were too many people or something in there at some point)

Obviously they didn't recognize him - he didn't put up a fuss, just said "okay" and came to stand by me again.

He tried 20 mins later after some people left the ellipse and they let him back in.

:lol: how funny!

ruffian said:

i'll wear a funny nose and glasses so no one notices my nationality.

:shh:

Wenda $2000? Where the hell do you live?

I'm in Toronto. I'm probably checking at the wrong time though. I checked back when it was all a maybe. I should check again.

But I also have no one to go with. POO!

pepokiss said:

wait... the arcade fire is a marching band? :confused:

and that's the rock band of the year? :|

Of course not, I was referring to the drums. You just stick a bloody strap over your head!

ladywithspinninghead said:

Ooh, yes that guy on the left - that's the one!

Cool guy! :up:
Yeah, that's Richard. He's a really nice guy, I met him after the Chicago show too. Will, the other guy who wears the helmet and fights with Richard during Laika, graduated from my school last year. They're all great people!

carof_77 said:

hey, I was there saturday too... In the ellipse, Adam's side.:drool:
I've been stupid enough to sell my tickets for tonight, but they weren't GA

I was in the Elipse too saturday ...i was on the rail near where Larry plays drums for LAPOE...:drool:...never seen Larry up close before...he adorable :drool:....lol...(sorry Pleba moment)

wenda said:

I'm in Toronto. I'm probably checking at the wrong time though. I checked back when it was all a maybe. I should check again.

But I also have no one to go with. POO!

from Los Angeles it's $900 and sometimes a bit cheaper...and I think you can get from Toronto to LA for $250 or so. I wouldn't worry about not having anyone to go with--you'll meet so many people! By the time I got done with the European shows I met so many fans from all over the place, plus tons of interferencers.

Drea said:

Why am I not surprised? :wink: :giggle: *runs*

:madspit:

I have a little concert-going problem ok???

my family tried to do an intervention over thanksgiving. "look, we think this U2 thing has gone a little too far..." :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom