Montreal II Party and hopefully a Setlist Watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
So what happened with Martin?

Besides pissing Bono off :wink:.

*is totally ignorant about Canadian politics* :reject:

Well we have a minority government so it wasn't bound to last long anyway.

The opposition took advantage of the recent release of the Gomery Report -basically implicating our former Prime Minister and other top Liberal ministers in a corruption scandal - to hold a no-confidence vote in Parliament tonight. Looks like it passed and an election will be held in January.

A lot of people think this might come back to bite the opposition in the butt because there's going to be an election campaign over the Christmas holidays :mad:

Unlike the U.S. where the campaigning season lasts well over a year, here in Canada it lasts 30 (Parliamentary) days (1.5 months in this case).

Obviously, they played Vertigo and Elevation after COBL, but I'm a little concerned by the lack of updates from zootopia. Their source may not be a speedy one.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Well we have a minority government so it wasn't bound to last long anyway.

The opposition took advantage of the recent release of the Gomery Report -basically implicating our former Prime Minister and other top Liberal ministers in a corruption scandal - to hold a no-confidence vote in Parliament tonight. Looks like it passed and an election will be held in January.

A lot of people think this might come back to bite the opposition in the butt because there's going to be an election campaign over the Christmas holidays :mad:

Unlike the U.S. where the campaigning season lasts well over a year, here in Canada it lasts 30 (Parliamentary) days (1.5 months in this case).

ladywithspinninghead said:

Ah, so it's official now? (just woke up)

I bet he'll say something similar to Sat. night's show where Bono talked about the upcoming elections (it was already a given by that point) and said that we needed to make extreme poverty eradication in Africa a priority in the elections and then proceeds to show the phone numbers for Paul Martin (which got booed), Stephen Harper, Jack Layton and Gilles Duceppe (which, to my dismay, got the loud cheers from the audience).

Nice touch to have the Universal Declaration scrolling in French by the way :up:

Cheers for Duceppe? :yikes:

Yeah, it's official *sigh* I think it was official Fri, but I'm not sure.

sue4u2 said:

Don't piss him off either.. He also knows "people":rant:

well, I'll just use my conch shell to assemble my crew and Bono

and he'll melt Stephfgjkdfhglkdjg to what they used in Tara Reid's boobjob

kellyahern said:

I remember the last time you guys talked about him, I thought you were talking about George Stephanapolus (sp?). :reject:

:laugh:

And so does the person above too! Too funny!

No, no, this is a homegrown Canadian, not Clinton's former senior advisor.

GibsonGirl said:
If Stephen Harper becomes PM, I'm moving. :happy:

*snerk* You know you're in trouble when Ralph Klein says you're leading the party too far to the right :laugh: Harper won't get Ontario, we suffered Mike Harris too long :wink:

Drea said:

*snerk* You know you're in trouble when Ralph Klein says you're leading the party too far to the right :laugh: Harper won't get Ontario, we suffered Mike Harris too long :wink:

Mike Harris bites! He still does. He's the bitingest biter than ever bit! :yes:

Sarah and the Canadian George :)

DSC00580.jpg

With Sam's head in the background. :lmao:

Drea said:

God, I hope not. :| Stephen Harper is one massive accident waiting to happen. I also do not appreciate his Lego man hair.

YESSSSS!!!!

Just scored a GA for Brisbane! Only bought 3 to Auckland so I threw in my code to see what'd happen and THERE IT WAS FOR ME!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Axver said:
YESSSSS!!!!

Just scored a GA for Brisbane! Only bought 3 to Auckland so I threw in my code to see what'd happen and THERE IT WAS FOR ME!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom