Mofo In Toronto!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Except at Toronto IV - you heard it here first. :wink:

do you think 1st or second encore?

was it ever placed anywhere else in the set on Popmart, rather than opening the show?

hedge said:

do you think 1st or second encore?

was it ever placed anywhere else in the set on Popmart, rather than opening the show?

Never elsewhere - it was first at every single Popmart show.

If it is played this tour, I'd expect it to either open or be otherwise featured in the first encore.

I have said this on previous posts before of how much I would love a rockier MOFO, less digital distortion and a more fluent guitar.
I really fucking hope they play it.
What most are saying about alot of Mofo(LIVE) being backing tracks is bull shit! Most of it is Edges schreeching guitar, bono yelling at the top of his lungs with a gigantic drum performance from Larry.
The song is an awesome one, one of U2's best and most challenging. My appreciation for the song comes from a point where it's actually one of Bono's most meaningful song, caught up in techno beats. I think it's brilliant that U2 can corrupt the sound with distortion and digital beats and still let it move people.. it always moves me, specially the ending.
People used to have the same feelings towards Mysterious ways when that came out. Everyone used to beat up the new U2.
Mysterious Ways actually for it's time was a lot more radical. The two songs have very similar structures with the way Bono sings etc. The Beat is pretty different

Cheers

This is what we have been waiting for...8 years later and we may finally get the REAL MOFO. The way it was intended to be!:drool:

I think it would make sense to open or come 2nd after Vertigo....opening would make sense at a 4th or 5th night at Toronto or New York.

If they can do Mofo, they can roll out Acrobat and God Part II sometime as well.....

Back
Top Bottom