Miss Sarajevo Higest "Amour" Note

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
This question is for someone that is realy good on define notes, wich performence on Miss Sarajevo got the higest "Amour" note? In the 3rd leg he start to add the "kermit" voice into the amour note, I don't know if that makes the note hihger or it lower. Maybe he adds the kermit thing because he had hard hitting it just add it to make it sound more opera? Does it gets higher with the kermit or lower?

Heres my candidates:

Aboy singel Milan
This one sound strongest, but it realy sound that it is a effect on the mic, like a double voice in the "Amour" note.

2005-08-11 - Madrid

2005-09-14 - Toronto

2005-09-25 - Milwaukee

2005-10-03 - Boston

Last edited:
Peterrrrr said:
This question is for someone that is realy good on define notes, wich performence on Miss Sarajevo got the higest "Amour" note? In the 3rd leg he start to add the "kermit" voice into the amour note, I don't know if that makes the note hihger or it lower. Maybe he adds the kermit thing because he had hard hitting it just add it to make it sound more opera? Does it gets higher with the kermit or lower?

Heres my candidates:

Aboy singel Milan
This one sound strongest, but it realy sound that it is a effect on the mic, like a double voice in the "Amour" note.

2005-08-11 - Madrid

2005-09-14 - Toronto

2005-09-25 - Milwaukee

2005-10-03 - Boston

Re: Re: Re: Miss Sarajevo Higest "Amour" Note

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You just quoted yourself...:eyebrow:

:huh:

It SHOULD be the same note everytime.

Sorry, I was going to edit it but press the wrong button, but I can't delete it :(

When you add "kermit" you are no longer singing with your diaphragm but with your throat. It makes notes easier to hit, but it's not as pleasing to the ear as the real way to sing it. You also can't hold it as long as you could if you sang from your gut.

Dahlia said:
I think I could find out which of these performances has the highest note but I don't have any of these shows :rolleyes: ^^

Heres Milan, Madrid(titles as Miss Sarajevo, Toronto and Boston :)

http://www.you send it.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=769D74FC670E270D

Did he sing "amour" in falsetto on the third leg? I didn't know that. Maybe he wanted to save his voice. The notes are of course the same notes. But the falsetto could be an octave higher.

I can't find a falsetto-version of "amoure" on any of the performances I have (or any of the ones posted here). By the way - I doubt the falsetto is an octave higher, because that would be insane.

Peterrrrr said:

Heres my candidates:

Aboy singel Milan

The problem is that Bono "closes off" when singing the high notes. In Operatic terms this is very bad singing. I haven't had any singing training, but my wife is a Soprano in a choir. She has a go everytime someone sings "incorrectly" - most people in popular music don't sing properly, which is why a lot have voice trouble later (polyps etc.)

Peterrrrr said:

Heres my candidates:

Aboy singel Milan

2005-08-11 - Madrid

2005-09-14 - Toronto

2005-09-25 - Milwaukee

2005-10-03 - Boston

Anyone have figure out wich of thses that is highest?

If Bono is singing the song correctly that long high note at the end of the opera part will always be the note, what can vary is how loud he sings it which might make you think its a higher note... on the studio version it is a G#, I believe the live version would be the same key.

U2girl said:
:shrug: Aren't those the same notes each time?

Well I wanna know if there is a difference, sometimes he gets a little bit higher. In the 4th leg he had problems with the "Amour" note, he didnt hold the note with the same strongness. And he also added to much of the kermit thing in the note(4th leg)

For an example, Bad on this tour, sometimes he hit a B in the "Wide Awake" part and sometimes C.

It's the same note, otherwise it would be out of key.

Peterrrrr said:

For an example, Bad on this tour, sometimes he hit a B in the "Wide Awake" part and sometimes C.

How can you tell this but not in Miss Sarajevo?:huh:

Hi, the answer is that the high note in miss sarajevo is the same note every time, that is an A flat (also know as G sharp.)

Peterrrrr said:

But then the whole song is tuned down half a step, otherwise, as BonoVoxSupastar says, it would be out of key.

But I wonder what you mean about "kermit" voice. It can't be falsetto that you mean, or?

With Bad, in both cases the song is played in A flat. So it would seem that going for the high b would be out of key but really neither ends up out of key. Technically C is in the A flat major scale while B isn't... however going for the B instead won't sound dissonant to us in that instance because our ears are accustomed to hearing "jazzy" notes, as that would be considered.

Here's a good example where bono does both in the same performance. The first set of wide awakes are hitting the low C, meaning an octave lower than normal but a C nonetheless, and then when he goes high he goes for the B instead of the high C.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=enIISdiva48&search=u2 farmclub

ElectricalVoice said:

But then the whole song is tuned down half a step, otherwise, as BonoVoxSupastar says, it would be out of key.

But I wonder what you mean about "kermit" voice. It can't be falsetto that you mean, or?

Its the sound that sound like kermit, he used it alot in the JT and LT tour. I don't know if it is falsette or not.

No, an example of Bono singing in falsetto would be "Can't Help Falling in Love" from the Zoo TV tour, when his voice just went higher, higher, and higher. That was some great falsetto.

blindinglights said:
With Bad, in both cases the song is played in A flat. So it would seem that going for the high b would be out of key but really neither ends up out of key. Technically C is in the A flat major scale while B isn't... however going for the B instead won't sound dissonant to us in that instance because our ears are accustomed to hearing "jazzy" notes, as that would be considered.

Here's a good example where bono does both in the same performance. The first set of wide awakes are hitting the low C, meaning an octave lower than normal but a C nonetheless, and then when he goes high he goes for the B instead of the high C.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=enIISdiva48&search=u2 farmclub

Well this performence is from the ATYCLB era, his voice wasnt strong like it were in the 3rd leg of the Vertigo tour. How much higher does he hit the "wide awake" part in 2005-12-04 and 2005-09-14 compare to the link(farm club).

Back
Top Bottom