Miss Sarajevo and Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
Miss Sarajevo. What an extraordinary vocal performance during the opera part. Some of my friends that attended the concert, commented that song and Bonos voice to be some of the best they had ever heard. And they are not U2 maniacs.
I remember when I first heard it live at the concert. I was stunned. People around me just looked at each other and laughed after that part. It was one of those moments. For me.

I thought I would post a snipet from the concert I'm talking about. It's from Oslo:

http://s39.y o u s e n d i t.com/d.aspx?id=23JCGHRJAUTOL1V24NR9NPS24U

It's fun to listen to the reactions of some people in this small clip. A woman saying "Fy faen",which is cursing in norwegian.

Last edited:
ElectricalVoice said:
I thought I would post a snipet from the concert I'm talking about. It's from Oslo:

http://s39.y o u s e n d i t.com/d.aspx?id=23JCGHRJAUTOL1V24NR9NPS24U

It's fun to listen to the reactions of some people in this small clip. A woman saying "Fy faen",which is cursing in norwegian.
a good curse? or is she saying oh why the f**K is he doing that

:sad: :sad:
I will never hear it again...

:sad: :sad:

Seriously, Miss Sarajevo > Running To Stand Still any day.
And yes I have heard both live.

on its night RTSS is one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Paris 1, two days after the London bombs was one of the most beautiful U2 moments ever. Sometimes you need to hear a U2 song, and on that night RTSS was beyond words.

Misss Sarajevo is also beuatiful, and I wish they could play them both!

You should here the songs debut from Amsterdam 3... Amazing how the crowd reacted to the opera part (and the song in general)...

link : http://u2log.com/media/miss_sarajevo-ams16-7-2005.wvx (it's video.. listen to the reaction at the opera part in the end)

Really interesting how many people (non U2 fans) remember/know that song!

Last edited:
I was also there in amsterdam, I heard the first notes and i said to my friend: omg it's Miss Sarajevo!!!!
People in the audience looked at each other, we could'nt believe it, what a surprise.
At the same time I thougth: how are they gonna do the opera part, Pavarotti won't be here. And well, bono didn't need pavarotti: the opera IS definitely in Bono.

This was THE moment of the tour for me (and i've been to 9 shows). Spirit was in the house!!

As good as he is, I never dreamed Bono would be able to pull off the opera part until I actually heard the Amersterdam 3 audio for myself. The crowd reaction made it even more special. I think it's going to be one of the BIG moments people will remember from this tour.

Yeah. I remember thinking: "Wow, they are playing Miss Sarajevo" instead of "Running ...". I heard "Running ..." on a previous concert, so I was very glad when I realized I was about to hear Miss Sarajevo live. And that opera reminded me why this band got soul. The stadium really stood completely still those few seconds.

When they played it in Gothenburg everyone in the audience fell silent, and not in the "what the f... is this"-way, but in an awestruck way. People just stood still, eyes fixed on Bono, and just... listening. It was incredible. No talking, no singing, like in all the other songs. I think he had us in a trance...:wink:

ElectricalVoice said:
I actually heard a swedish guy saying. "Fan va bra" in Gothenburg. I felt the same way there.

I had everything crossed for Bono to reach the top note in Barca...no need, he did it with ease. A very special moment:yes:

Bono's peformance of Miss Sarajevo was one of the high points of U2s Copenhagen concert, insprite of the rain! As I've said on this forum before, Bono is one of the best male vocalist in rock and roll ever!:bow: :bono:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
Bono's peformance of Miss Sarajevo was one of the high points of U2s Copenhagen concert, insprite of the rain! As I've said on this forum before, Bono is one of the best male vocalist in rock and roll ever!:bow: :bono:
wow for me that would have been so special to hear that in the rain, in a weaird warped kind of way

Back
Top Bottom