Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part V - MILWAUKEE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying you don't know where Milwaukee is makes the Baby Jesus cry. :sad:

I grew up in Wisconsin and went to school in Waukesha, which is about 20 miles due west of Milwaukee. Saw Zoo TV and Popmart in Madison, at Camp Randall Stadium.

Good times ...

I swear, Dream Theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence is forty-two of the best minutes of music ever made. :drool:

Drea said:

Now now, Dashboard were tolerable... just kind of monotonous *g* But considering the stories I heard about KoL, Dashboard Confessional was a blessing :giggle:

i find them entirely too earnest. KOL were just entirely too skinny.

kellyahern said:

Wow, that bad? :reject:

the lead singer has a good voice, but the songs are just so angst ridden, and it's the same theme over and over and over:

"you left me. i am sad."

entire too much pleading/groveling/whining. Emo at its worst.

ruffian said:

i find them entirely too earnest. KOL were just entirely too skinny.

They are all around my age KOL..18, 19, 20, 21 i think:hmm:

KOL were not an attractive set of men. But I did dig the drummer's bubble-gum pink drum kit.

They have about 6 or 7 songs that I quite like, but the rest of their CDs do nothing for me.

Axver said:

:lmao:

Wow, that's so damn funn- wait, you're serious. :|

Deadly serious:wink:

I can not stand cricket for more than 5 minutes...same with golf:D

KOL made me think of my youth...when myself and almost everyone I hung with were skinny and wore pants as tight. I enjoyed them...ok, my ears did bleed a bit, but that remeinded me of my teen yrs as well. Call me nostagic!

When I saw KOL from GA, they didn't bother me. In the reserved seats, they made my ears bleed. At Seattle 2, I had to plug my ears for their set.

I'm not sure if it was them or the Key Arena, but dayum!

ruffian said:

the lead singer has a good voice, but the songs are just so angst ridden, and it's the same theme over and over and over:

"you left me. i am sad."

Methinks Chris Carrabba got into Larry's hair gel. :yikes:

ruffian said:

"you left me. i am sad."

I was impressed that they could sing the same song for 45 minutes:wink:

anyway - hi guys - just got off work

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Methinks Chris Carrabba got into Larry's hair gel. :yikes:

:hug: nice to see you!

On the last leg I said if given the opportunity to meet KOL, i would offer each boy $50 to eat some Twinkies/Ho Hos/Mashed Potatoes. A woman in the GA turned to me and said, "they've had ass-ectomies!!!" :lmao:

corianderstem said:
Saying you don't know where Milwaukee is makes the Baby Jesus cry. :sad:

I grew up in Wisconsin and went to school in Waukesha, which is about 20 miles due west of Milwaukee. Saw Zoo TV and Popmart in Madison, at Camp Randall Stadium.

Good times ...

chic

nurse chrissi said:

I was impressed that they could sing the same song for 45 minuted:wink:

:yes:

That was the only thing that impressed me about them :wink:

nurse chrissi said:

I was impressed that they could sing the same song for 45 minuted:wink:

sorry you can't stay :( now that i think of it, they really do all sound like the same song.... :hmm:

corianderstem said:
When I saw KOL from GA, they didn't bother me. In the reserved seats, they made my ears bleed. At Seattle 2, I had to plug my ears for their set.

I'm not sure if it was them or the Key Arena, but dayum!

Experiences with KOL:

Boston I, section 307 - dead boooring. Even my friend who likes KOL was bored.
Boston II, inside ellipse, front row - boring but a couple of songs had a modicum of energy that close.
Boston III, ellipse, walkway rail a metre from where I was the last night - girlfriend and I stayed awake by playing thumb wars and paper scissors rock. We were so bored.

ruffian said:

:hug: nice to see you!

On the last leg I said if given the opportunity to meet KOL, i would offer each boy $50 to eat some Twinkies/Ho Hos/Mashed Potatoes. A woman in the GA turned to me and said, "they've had ass-ectomies!!!" :lmao:

:hug: Get any calls today? :wink:

Skinny rocker boys. :madspit:

I'd rather a mature, chunky Irishman. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom