Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:

:lol:

Did you tell everyone around you or keep it to yourself so you could watch their reaction?

(the setlist info, not the nearly crapping part :wink: )

the people around me saw it too

i just kept repeating, "i cant believe it, i cant believe it"

kellyahern said:
Oh geez, CNN is showing that stupid "guy in a wind tunnel" video again :rolleyes:. They drag that out for every hurricane I think.

Thought I'd throw it a bit of off topicness :wink:.

That reminds me - what's the latest on Rita? I haven't seen the news yet this morning. When will it hit and what's its current course? Last night a city named Port Arthur was in line for a direct hit according to the news here. Makes me a bit jittery as Australia's worst massacre occurred in a Tasmanian town called Port Arthur.

AtomicBono said:
I wish I was in Minneapolis right now...! I've got relatives there, man.

I'm curious to see how, if at all, U2 will vary Minneapolis since it's a one night show... I'd LOVE to see more variety in the one night shows since I'll be going to Cleveland.

Yeah, tonight might tell the story of what the show will be like for a 1 show town.

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, tonight might tell the story of what the show will be like for a 1 show town.

Minneapolis and Milwaukee together might, in any case. I'm excited. :hyper:

ramblin rose said:

normally I say we'd get stuck with a standard setlist, but U2 is throwing out all kinds of surprises this leg... what if we end up with no two setlists being identical on this leg?! :drool:

oh well, mostly I just want them to play DISCOTHEQUE. If they play Discotheque, I will be happy. If they play Discotheque x 2, I'll be really happy. If they play Discotheque x 20, I'll be like "...k."

Axver said:

That reminds me - what's the latest on Rita? I haven't seen the news yet this morning. When will it hit and what's its current course? Last night a city named Port Arthur was in line for a direct hit according to the news here. Makes me a bit jittery as Australia's worst massacre occurred in a Tasmanian town called Port Arthur.

Looks like it's projected path is the Texas/Lousianna border. It weakend to a category 3, but that's still not a good thing:

Category Three Hurricane:
Winds 111-130 mph (96-113 kt or 178-209 km/hr). Storm surge generally 9-12 ft above normal. Some structural damage to small residences and utility buildings with a minor amount of curtainwall failures. Damage to shrubbery and trees with foliage blown off trees and large trees blown down. Mobile homes and poorly constructed signs are destroyed. Low-lying escape routes are cut by rising water 3-5 hours before arrival of the center of the hurricane. Flooding near the coast destroys smaller structures with larger structures damaged by battering from floating debris. Terrain continuously lower than 5 ft above mean sea level may be flooded inland 8 miles (13 km) or more. Evacuation of low-lying residences with several blocks of the shoreline may be required.

7.gif

:wave: to all

I think it's:
icon_happy_hour_md_wht.gif

kellyahern said:

Looks like it's projected path is the Texas/Lousianna border. It weakend to a category 3, but that's still not a good thing:

Winds 111-130 mph (96-113 kt or 178-209 km/hr). Storm surge generally 9-12 ft above normal. Some structural damage to small residences and utility buildings with a minor amount of curtainwall failures. Damage to shrubbery and trees with foliage blown off trees and large trees blown down. Mobile homes and poorly constructed signs are destroyed. Low-lying escape routes are cut by rising water 3-5 hours before arrival of the center of the hurricane. Flooding near the coast destroys smaller structures with larger structures damaged by battering from floating debris. Terrain continuously lower than 5 ft above mean sea level may be flooded inland 8 miles (13 km) or more. Evacuation of low-lying residences with several blocks of the shoreline may be required.

Thanks for that. Thank goodness it's down to category three right now. May not be appealling but at least it's not category five.

When are they expecting it to make landfall?

Axver said:

The last time I checked Rita had been downgraded to a Cat 3, but she's still a big storm. I guess some water has gone over some of the New Orleans levees again. :(

I think it's supposed to make landfall sometime tomorrow morning.

kellyahern said:

Not good.:| It took people I know 18 hours to drive from Houston to Dallas yesterday (it usually takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to make the trip).

Axver - she's not home yet. She hangs out after school at the boys & girls club. She may be around later, and probably flying solo on Sunday's show

Side note - we had a 50 foot (something huge) pine tree chopped down today in the back of our house. It was dead. It's so weird to have this bare space in our yard now :(

kellyahern said:

Tomorrow morning

Alright, that's the evening for me ... have a wild guess what channel I'll be tuned to on the TV tonight.

(Well, actually, I don't have a news network in my room, but I'll be catching news bulletins for sure.)

ramblin rose said:

Not good.:| It took people I know 18 hours to drive from Houston to Dallas yesterday (it usually takes me 3 1/2 to 4 hours to make the trip).

I take it you are are in the northern or western part of the state ramblin rose? Or at least somewhere safe :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom