Milan II - Early Launch of the Setlist Party...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Who said that starting to party early is bad?!!!!!

Looking forward to an emotional and interesting show in San Siro tonight.

With, hopefully, one or two surprises... or maybe half would do the trick at this point.

For some added entertainment while we're waiting for two hours, is anyojne listenign to WBWC's U2 marathon? I'm thoroughly ennjoying it. U2log has a link to the stream.

Right nwo, they're dong the U2-7 mix of Walk On. They really know their stuff, too, which is good!

Any wild predictions for tonight's show folks? My money is on a Pop/Zooropa tune....I wonder what the bookies would give me there :hmm:

Why do you think we'll get a Pop/Zoorpa tune? We've had no inklings of one hardly all leg.

That said, we didn't have a clue about Miss Sarajevo either, so I guess anything is possible.

If its Pop it'd probably be Please or GOne. From Zooropa my guess would be Stay (or, if hell freezes over, Dirty Day) :drool:

It's more wishful thinking than anything else, Harbringer :cute:. But then, Adam had commented recently that they were planning to surface some of the Pop/Zooropa songs....but who knows :shrug:

* In case you're wondering ":cute:" was the closest thing to a 'wishful thinking smiley' I could get. Don't want you to get the wrong impression an all...

Hi all,
:wave: :wave: :wave:
All set for the party... I'll be having coffee first, though.....
Looking forward to tonight's show.. Brings back memories of last Saturday's show... I'm still impressed
I guess we'll see the same setlist as last night....
-Will

Wow - just listened to the Steve Lillywhite Interview on the u2 marathon - fascinationg stuff.

Highlights include (from memory)

- His early career
- Talk about his "roles" and what he's done for a variety of albums
- His theory of producing - relaxing the band, for instance
- When a song is done: when the lyrics are done - Bono does this last - he likes to sing to a complete song (in U2's case)
- His favorite tracks/albums: Bad, "I didn't work on that one (chuckles), Vertigo and HTDAAB
- Lots of discussion about Vertigo - its evolution. For instance, the chorus to Fast Cars was at one point the chorus for Vertigo.
- His request: Vertigo.

The DJ just said "I feel like I jsut met a GOD." And I agree. That was a really cool interview.

Thanks for the notes on Steve Lillywhite. Nice!

I'm trying to get to listen the U2 marathon and it does not work... :mad:

Really enjoying these set-list parties.Lets hope for a Dublin III type set-list tonight,however being it is being film I think a standard set-list with the odd suprise ??

The DJs said earlier they've been having problems all day like this - too many peple trying to get on. it took me several tries to get on earlier, and after the Lillywhite Interview (which after I found out about was all I really cared to hear) so I logged off and haven't been able to get on since (though I tried only once)

Just heard about U2 stopping off in Holland in a studio to record a new single ? Anybody heard anything about this . I this OOTS is favourite...maybe an along with a few new mixes !!

Harbinger said:
The DJs said earlier they've been having problems all day like this - too many peple trying to get on. it took me several tries to get on earlier, and after the Lillywhite Interview (which after I found out about was all I really cared to hear) so I logged off and haven't been able to get on since (though I tried only once)

I guess this tells every radio station that all they have to do is play U2 non-stop to get more people to tune in. Why the need to play all this top 40 crap?

CHINNERS141169 said:
Just heard about U2 stopping off in Holland in a studio to record a new single ? Anybody heard anything about this . I this OOTS is favourite...maybe an along with a few new mixes !!

It should be an orchestral version of OOTS for the single... like they played yesterday in Milan.

U2@NYC said:

I guess this tells every radio station that all they have to do is play U2 non-stop to get more people to tune in. Why the need to play all this top 40 crap?

:yes:

I don't get top 40 here. I get 'classic rock', which usually is the same crap over and over. We're currently on Motley Crue - Smokin' In The Boys Room :huh:

CHINNERS141169 said:
Really enjoying these set-list parties.Lets hope for a Dublin III type set-list tonight,however being it is being film I think a standard set-list with the odd suprise ??

Well, Willie said they were going to just treat it like a regular two-night stand and not "try to get certain songs" or have the set the same both nights, so who knows what'll happen.

I think we'll probably get Who's Gonna Ride for All I want is You, Out of Control for I Will Follow, and hopefully Mysterious Ways for WOWY - and possibly Running to Stand Still instead of Miss Sarajevo (though I doubt this upon further reflection - they seem like they really want to capture this.

It'd be nice to get something surprising in the encore, too, though I doubt it. Although we might get another full-orchestra performance of Origina lfo the Species. Maybe - and this is only hypothetical - but maybe they'll get in on the act in One as well, oh, hell, and why not streets too?

:wave:
Hey to everybody!
Wow, is it quiet for this setlist party or what...
Guess it's London related.
Can you believe that?!
First thing I heard when I woke up.
Actually was called out of bed.
I'm :shocked:.
But also very interested what the investigation of this one will bring forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom