Milan I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevashn_hj said:
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co. / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's (snippet) / Everybody Hurts (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own (Opera Bit At The End)
Love And Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo (Bono Does Opera Pav is in audience)
Declaration Of Human Rights
PITNOL
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
WOWY

Original Of the Species
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Really too bad I didn't take that bet at the beginning of the setlist party!
Could have earned me some money.

LJT said:

I want in his bed and i am a guy but i want in his bed without him in it...just because his bed just sounds so comfy:D

I guess I might as well steal his pool table for my living room too... :D

BTW, Axver, we kicked Australia's butt in the Davis Cup this past weekend.

Miringeltje said:

Really too bad I didn't take that bet at the beginning of the setlist party!
Could have earned me some money.

Are you saying it's predictable!!! How dare you!!! U2 is never predictable :wink:

its still not a bad dvd setlist

bit disapointed that electric co is still around and it isn't 'gloria' but thats a minor grumble.

i will put money though on beautiful day NOT being on the dvd - Rem will allow snippets but will michael Jackson allow a snippet of the beatles on without charging the earth? ? Maybe not

Or even a loss of PITNOL

As long as everything from Streets is kept

Miricale_Drug said:

bit disapointed that electric co is still around and it isn't 'gloria' but thats a minor grumble.

i will put money though on beautiful day NOT being on the dvd - Rem will allow snippets but will michael Jackson allow a snippet of the beatles on without charging the earth? ? Maybe not

Or even a loss of PITNOL

He did at Live8 :shrug:

Miricale_Drug said:

Or even a loss of PITNOL

They have to pay for snippet use?:ohmy:

I guess that has never ever occurred to me:huh:

milan3.jpg

Looks like some of the "we want 40, not Vertigo-x-2" went to San Siro :wink: :wink:

U2@NYC said:
All right, everyone. Predictions for tomorrow?

Any surprises or exact same setlist since they are shooting the DVD?

How could you ask? U2 are never predictable! :wink:

Nah, we'll Gloria or something, but not much else.

U2@NYC said:
All right, everyone. Predictions for tomorrow?

Any surprises or exact same setlist since they are shooting the DVD?

Out Of Control in for I Will Follow, maybe OOTS agan. Vertigo x2 unfortunately.

Bring on GLORIA!, I say.

L03VIk said:
milan3.jpg

Looks like some of the "we want 40, not Vertigo-x-2" went to San Siro :wink: :wink:

It doesn't exactly say that they don't want Vertigo x 2 does it....I don't read Italian....:wink:

Yeh snippets are using copyright work. They're parts of other songs, which someone else has 'possession of'

You'd be quite pissed off wouldn't you if someone just decided they were bunging a version of 'one' on their dvd, and U2 hadn't even been told (or should that be principle)

The smashing Pumpkins seem quite kool about it, and REM are good mates with u2 (They've perfromend one with them live a few times and it sounds good)

but Jacko is a bit... and he has the beatles back catelogue so unless macca overrides him, cause he wudn't have an issue
I love the italian lesson Photo btw

U2@NYC said:

Especially Lleyton Hewitt... :mac:

I heard the end of his doubles game that he lost. That was fun! But at that time, it was only 2-1 against Australia and I didn't hear the outcome of the other games.

U2Man said:

It doesn't exactly say that they don't want Vertigo x 2 does it....I don't read Italian....:wink:

I think it says it implicitly... Bono has said "Italian Lesson: Ancora" many times...

I don't say I personally agree with them, but I think it's a funny banner...

zwervers2 said:

get GA next time you losers :wink:

Haha! :wink:

zwervers2....next time I go into a ridiculous, pathetic discussion about my sexuality in here, I expect you to back me up! :wink:

Axver said:

I heard the end of his doubles game that he lost. That was fun! But at that time, it was only 2-1 against Australia and I didn't hear the outcome of the other games.

They lost 4-1. Nalbandian kicked Hewitt's butt in 3 straight sets.

All right, everyone, a domani! (see you tomorrow in Italian)... hopefully, we will get at least one or two surprises (how naive of me...).

:wave:

onemoresolo said:
I'm still a bit sad RTSS had to be dropped for Miss Sarajevo, I love both songs.

I want Bullet --> Miss Sarajevo --> RTSS. I think it'd be great. "And the night is set to freeze ... and so she woke up, woke up from where she was ..."

L03VIk said:

I think it says it implicitly... Bono has said "Italian Lesson: Ancora" many times...

Didn't work though...ours did

:rockon:

mirrorballman said:

yeah and too be honest, though i love miss sarajevo, i dont really see why it makes the Euro DVD. its a great addition, especially cuz we'll have RTSS on the 1st leg DVD anyway...

but as you say, its BS. cuz its simply NOT how the EU leg has been...

same goes with OOTS...

and adding to that. also changing the stage (making it bigger, extending the 2 catwalks next to the stage so there are 4, and putting lights on the catwalks)...well, great effect. but everyone will watch this dvd going "hey, i didnt have that at my show?!?!!"

OOTS will be the next single from HTDAAB. Hence, it will be on the DVD. My guess is that Jacknife and Co. were adding strings to the Album version this past week prior to its release. Those strings were probably played live today.

Miss Sarajevo has been added after the London bombings. Wothout the London bombings, I doubt that MS would have been added. In any event, RTSS is too much Americana whereas Miss Sarajevo is more Eurigo.

This is how the Euro leg will remain for the remainder of the tour. That's my guess...

L03VIk said:

Exactly, he says that "encore" means "once again" and then plays "Vertigo" again... actually, "ancora" means "yet" :confused:

In any event, this is definetly against Vertigo II and in favor of "40".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom