Milan DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryanbull

Babyface
First timer to the message board...any news on the release of the Milan show to DVD? Thanks in advance.

welcome!

from what i hear theres been no official release announced just yet? if anything i think we may get it during or after the 4th leg summer stadium tuor but thats ust my opinion.

have a search through the threads and you'll probably find others on the same discussion that may have more info for you

If it's anything like the Slane DVD, we'll get it 2 years after the original gig...

Boston came out in 2001, then Slane came out in 2003.

So possibly 2006/2007 for Milan... maybe at the most.

no because slane was never planned for release.

Milan will in my opinion be released Fall 2006. After all we've had fall releases since 2000 now

I read here on the forum, someone saying that the "Hi Bob"-sign wouldn't make it to the DVD.. any source of confirmation for this?

why do people always slate the setlist on the chicago dvd? it is an accurate represenation of Leg1 vertigo, which is what a dvd should do

theu2fly:
take a look at my pictures from Milan:
flickr.com/photos/43737272@N00/
Pix were taken both by me (second row, right of the stage) and my friends (nosebleed section).

Then again, this might be the wrong thread....

I can't wait until this is released. The clips they showed on 60 Minutes were absolutely amazing - 4x better than Chicago, IMO. It'll probably be similar to the Slane > Boston debate.

all i can say is get this released ASAP, the footage from U2 communication (vertigo), is quite stunning, loud crowd, hyper bono, cool adam, mad edge, AND larry is so into it

cant stop watching

" we need this released, released, released"

Miricale_Drug said:
why do people always slate the setlist on the chicago dvd? it is an accurate represenation of Leg1 vertigo, which is what a dvd should do

But I think they recorded the DVD WAY too early in the tour to rush it out for a Christmas release. They hadn't even gotten into the rhythm of how great the setlist grew to be by the third leg. It's representative of the first leg, but I don't think it's very representative of the whole tour. They shouldn't have filmed until the third leg.

frozenmuze04 said:

But I think they recorded the DVD WAY too early in the tour to rush it out for a Christmas release. They hadn't even gotten into the rhythm of how great the setlist grew to be by the third leg. It's representative of the first leg, but I don't think it's very representative of the whole tour. They shouldn't have filmed until the third leg.
but people are still complaing about the setlist on the third leg, so no matter what show they filmed, or what setlist they used, there would always be the ones that wouldnt like it etc, and thats not the fans fault, but its also not the bands fault, they do what they can to please everybody

Go said:
theu2fly:
take a look at my pictures from Milan:
flickr.com/photos/43737272@N00/
Pix were taken both by me (second row, right of the stage) and my friends (nosebleed section).

Then again, this might be the wrong thread....

Why doesn't the GA look fully packed? :rant:

the video of Vertigo from U2 Communication is just :drool: :drool: ...... I can't stop watching it :combust:
...we really were quite noisy uh? :wink:
I can't wait for the whole dvd to come out... my bootlegs are getting worn out already :D

Holy Mother of God! That Vertigo video was the best! :drool:

I got the luck of the Irish today with U2.Communication showing up in my mailbox on the last possible mail day before Christmas. Like it was meant to be. :D

I heard/read that Milan was not entirely recorded for DVD due to a power failure in the first 30 minutes of the show. Any truth to this? Were both Milan dates recorded by the DVD crew?

I pray that we won't have to wait 2 years to get this Milan show released like with Slane's release happening 2 years later.

How does one get the video of Vertigo live in Milan? I want to see it so bad, because you are saying it's great!

Roland of Gilead said:
Holy Mother of God! That Vertigo video was the best! :drool:

I got the luck of the Irish today with U2.Communication showing up in my mailbox on the last possible mail day before Christmas. Like it was meant to be. :D

I heard/read that Milan was not entirely recorded for DVD due to a power failure in the first 30 minutes of the show. Any truth to this? Were both Milan dates recorded by the DVD crew?

I pray that we won't have to wait 2 years to get this Milan show released like with Slane's release happening 2 years later.
Only the first 45 minutes of the first night weren't recorded properly, the second night is shot perfectly.

IMHO this is good news, that means no annoying Hamish cut and paste from night 1 to 2 or something for the first 45 minutes.

OpperGoeroe said:

Only the first 45 minutes of the first night weren't recorded properly, the second night is shot perfectly.

That's right what I wanted to hear, because I was there the 2nd night..................YIPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Back
Top Bottom