Miami II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: I would be very happy if they played tonight's exact setlist at one of the two NYC shows next week...has two of the three songs I haven't gotten yet this tour (and neither has NYC) - UTEOW and Walk On. The third tune is Discotheque and it's probably too much to hope for at this point. :wink:

I'm so envious of everyone here seeing U2 in the near future. It's such a long journey from where I live to see them...:sad:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Ouch. I'm a PhD student at a SUNY school, where I thankfully get a tuition waiver (and an annual stipend composed mostly of bread crusts and pocket lint). Out of state undergrads are paying something like $15,000 a year, which I think is ridiculous considering that they learn as much from grad students as from professors. My undergrad school was small and private, and therefore expensive enough to keep me in debt for about 15 years, but the faculty was top-notch.

And I'm sure you're attracting mobs of students wanting to sign up for U2 101: the GA line experience :wink:

:LOL: were you in Philly and did we chat?

Pop Artist said:
:hmm: I would be very happy if they played tonight's exact setlist at one of the two NYC shows next week...has two of the three songs I haven't gotten yet this tour (and neither has NYC) - UTEOW and Walk On. The third tune is Discotheque and it's probably too much to hope for at this point. :wink:

that second night at MSG will be amazing... to think that they may not play there again for another 4 years or so... should be interesting how they end that one.

u2wedge said:

that second night at MSG will be amazing... to think that they may not play there again for another 4 years or so... should be interesting how they end that one.

or they could be back in the summer :hmm:

u2forlife said:

Is there anywhere you HAVEN'T been :hmm:

it's the nature of the bid'ness in my field. but we don't make much money, so a trade-off there.

ruffian said:

:LOL: were you in Philly and did we chat?

I was in Philly for both shows last month, GA for the second one. I was the one in line grading papers all day, so I didn't get much time to chat with anyone!

WildHoneyAlways said:

Thanks. :wink: I don't believe we've booked for Rome yet.... I can't wait.

seriously, this hotel is just dreamy. I think we got it for about $130 a night which was just a steal considering how stunningly beautiful it was... have an amazing time!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I was in Philly for both shows last month, GA for the second one. I was the one in line grading papers all day, so I didn't get much time to chat with anyone!

Gal next to me in the GA line on 10/10 was grading papers when Bono came out to meet the fans and we ran over just to watch...we weren't expecting him to go ALL the way down to us, so when he did she scrambled for paper for him to sign and gave him one of her student's tests! She was worried about what she was gonna tell the student...we just told her to give him/her back a xerox copy of it. :lol:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I talked to someone who's working on a Ph.D. in English, I think...was that you? Did I give you a survey that day? Or maybe my colleague did? She was the tall, blonde Danish woman...

Anyway, sorry we didn't get to chat. I've done my share of grading in the GA, so I know the feeling.

Now that's a good excuse not to have a student's paper graded! My cat chewed and clawed on a student's midterm portfolio last week, then played in his water dish and walked all over it. A student I like, too. At least he got a laugh out of it when he got it back.

Khan's playing Hermit McDermitt by Split Enz on the stream :love:

Any song called Hermit McDermitt has to be good. :drool:

u2forlife said:
the show is over?

:shocked: but I just did my triple somersault inverted pike into the thread.

alright. Goodnight everyone, Ruff, Higgins and Miri :wave:

Night! :wave:

I should go to bed, too...I'm off to Atlanta Thursday so won't be setlist partying, but see you after that!

Wow, there was another PhD student in English there? Too bad I didn't find her. Then I could've called my trip a "conference presentation" and gotten money from the grad school for it! :wink:

I was pretty subdued in the line this time around. If we get some stadium dates before school starts up again next year (or if I get the fellowship I'm coveting), I'm going hardcore and camping out

u2forlife said:

Is Sam streaming for us from Ottawa?

wishful thinking

u got us covered for Boston, right...lol

ok i'm going to have sweet Adammmmmm dreams. The poor dear had anouther bad nite in Miami...lol

Pop Artist said:

I agree. I'd be more than thrilled to have this set (even minus Bad, since I know that'd just be expecting too much :wink: ) at 11/21. I haven't heard UTEOTW or Walk On either, and I'd love to hear them.

u2forlife said:
the show is over?

:shocked: but I just did my triple somersault inverted pike into the thread.

alright. Goodnight everyone, Ruff, Higgins and Miri :wave:

GN OConnor

Back
Top Bottom