Miami II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nurse chrissi said:
found this over at u2.com

A Day in The Life of Edge

Edge and Bono were caught on camera in Miami yesterday afternoon and evening. Guitarist and singer were spotted on South Beach Miami singing In A Little While at a life guard tower. Crowds gathered and fans were delighted to be part of the filming of A Day In The Life of Edge.

Filming continued outside the American Airlines Arena before the show last night where Edge led the crowd in a rousing version of 'Streets' and then, using a megaphone, a repeated chant of 'Bono, Bono, Bono'.

To add to the excitement and intrigue, City of Blinding Lights opened with Bono
and the camera filming the very loud Miami audience.

What's it all about?

Watch this space.

would love to see the pictures of them on South Beach

The filming at the AA arena has been a highlight of the tour for me. It was so much fun. Bono and Edge were having a blast. Hopefully they'll post the video on u2.com, I can only assume it will be hysterical. I'm glad they characterized our version of "Streets" rousing :reject:, the Bono chant was spectacular.

From what I heard the South Beach thing occurred at the Beach behind their hotel and the people there enjoyed it also. And I do think both of them were dressed head to toe in black, (but at least Bono had sandals on).

i saw video of streets, im sorry to say but it was quite pathetic, no offense but the edge was way off :wink:

ramblin rose said:
Streets was pathetic, thus my :reject: smilie. The Bono chant on the other hand was very passionate.:wink:

Yes, it was! :D

And those people who think the floor looked small would be right... it's a pretty close venue. Which meant that those of us in seats were a lot closer than expected :yes:

And both shows were absolutely fantastic! So much love coming from both audience and band!

To add to what Rose said about the chanting after "Streets"... Bono actually stopped and said, while beaming from ear to ear... "This is crazy!"

:)

ramblin rose said:
Streets was pathetic, thus my :reject: smilie. The Bono chant on the other hand was very passionate.:wink:
which streets? the one in the show? lol am confused :|

She's talking about Edge's Streets chant outside before the show. The Streets that was played during the show got the loudest crowd reaction I've ever heard in my life. I didn't think it could get any louder than the first night, but the 2nd night was just insane. Bono made the comment that he knew why they called this the American Airlines Arena...because it sounds like a fucking 747. He was right. Incredible. The crowds were phenomenal throughout both shows. Miami definitely gets props for THE best crowds in N. America (perhaps because so many of the fans there travelled from south of the border?). I was in the back of the ellipse on night one and it was rocking from front to back the entire time. Not a single disinterested, "casual fan" that everyone's been complaining about in the ellipse this tour and that I witnessed myself at the Chicago shows.

Not sure what the "Day in the life of The Edge" film is for, but it was really cool to see and be a part of that and shake Edge's hand. Edge in particular was having a great time that night (though even Larry was laughing and smiling). Lots of jumping up and down and grins from ear to ear. He also came to the front of the stage to shake some hands and then grabbed Bono's microphone to say "Thank you, Miami!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom