Mexico City predictions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Some parts the same as 13's setlist... but I think swap Miss Sarajevo for Please, or a Pop encore. ABOY and Party Girl or Fast Cars premeire tonight.

I think I Will Follow and Out Of Control will be rotated...

First night setlist:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
New Year's Day
Elevation
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found...
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't...
Bad
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Second night setlist:

Vertigo
Out Of Control
Electric Co.
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
Elevation
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found...
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't...
Bad
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

MOFO
Discotheque
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Fast Cars
Yahweh
Vertigo

Thoughts? Too drastic?

I think they won't be playing Please anytime soon, but the Pop-core isn't as unlikely as I would have thought at the beginning of the tour.

Apparently, someone on Zootopia was told that the GA crowd will be let into the stadium at 5:00 a.m. and they will be inside for soundcheck :ohmy: :combust:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

if U2 starts playing Mofo, I will sell myself on the streets to get money to get tickets to some 4th leg show. I have to see Mofo live. HAVE TO.

Axver said:

Apparently on the first leg.

Sort of. I believe they thought about doing Please for Europe but never followed through on it obviously. I doubt its been resurrected at this point though. Maybe next tour.

Blue Room said:

Sort of. I believe they thought about doing Please for Europe but never followed through on it obviously. I doubt its been resurrected at this point though. Maybe next tour.

Wasn't it rehearsed around the time of the four Chicago shows? That's when the snippet in Bullet debuted anyway.

seriously? please, mofo, discotheque? please pass whatever youre smoking

I think all the rest of the shows of this leg will be the same as the other night or very simular and so they should be.

Axver said:

Wasn't it rehearsed around the time of the four Chicago shows? That's when the snippet in Bullet debuted anyway.

I remember that

there was a picture of a sheet that said The Real Thing and Please in the setlist I believe for the 4th night right?

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

I remember that

there was a picture of a sheet that said The Real Thing and Please in the setlist I believe for the 4th night right?

No, it was Dallas's guitar tuning list taken from underneath the stage and it surfaced on the net around the time of Chicago but it wasnt taken at those shows. It didnt say Please. It had Even Better Than The Real Thing and Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses listed. Horses had not be done yet at that point.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I remember that

No, there was a tuning sheet giving what live songs are in standard tuning and what songs are down half a step. It included the first leg regulars, Stuck In A Moment (which we knew was rehearsed and done at the LA public rehearsal), and EBTTRT. I believe this came from Seattle.

Please wasn't on that sheet to the best of my recollection.

o, ok, I'd still like an encore of

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than the Real Thing

or

MoFo
Discotheque
Gone

realistically, if it happened, we'd get:

MoFo
Discotheque/Velvet Dress
WOWY

I agree that this is more realistic than getting three "rocking" songs in a row

Mofo
Discotheque/Velvet Dress
WOWY

though I'm skeptical about Velvet Dress. I'd love it to appear again. It's one of my favorites off of poo (well, actually, the Jools Holland version blows the album version out of the water) and I think if given the right treatment it could be a big live song, but I don't know how likely it is.

But, U2 has surprised us in the past...

LemonMacPhisto said:

realistically, if it happened, we'd get:

MoFo
Discotheque/Velvet Dress
WOWY

IF it happened I think this would be right on the money.

Unfortunately I think Discotheque is dead for this tour. As has been mentioned before, Edge didnt care for it on this tour.

Harbinger said:
Do we have "proof" that Edge said that (as in an interview or report, or just heresay?

I believe he told some fans that before one of the shows at the beginning of the third leg. Someone else I believe indicated that John said the same thing about the song (Bono's body guard) The song hasnt appeared again on the tour since. Could be some hearsay, but it makes sense in the context of the timing it was reported and the song being dropped completely.

Back
Top Bottom