Mexico City I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ponee said:
Hey axver, how would you stream a show live? Do people transfer over a mobile phone while at the show?

Basically. The way we did it on the third leg was devised by gorman, a poster here. He would use his computer to call the mobile phone of someone at the concert via Skype, and then use his server to stream the audio for all of us to hear.

The same method will likely be used on this leg too, but I think a Skype call from the US to my mobile phone here in Australia will cost heaps. We'll see what we can do ...

Axver said:

The same method will likely be used on this leg too, but I think a Skype call from the US to my mobile phone here in Australia will cost heaps. We'll see what we can do ...

Skype is free, no? I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law calls her friend in Hungary with it.

Axver said:

Basically. The way we did it on the third leg was devised by gorman, a poster here. He would use his computer to call the mobile phone of someone at the concert via Skype, and then use his server to stream the audio for all of us to hear.

wow...guys u are great....
:up:

Utoo said:
In order to get a bigger place, I think we'll probably end up spending 1200-1400/month...even in Courthouse, etc. :(

I live in a Courthouse highrise -it's more like 1300-1500+ unfortunately for a 1BR.

Utoo said:

Skype is free, no? I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law calls her friend in Hungary with it.

If I remember correctly, isn't it free for computer-to-computer calls, but costs money if you call a landline or a mobile phone?

Utoo said:

that might be to a LAN line, this is to a cell phone, that might be why the big bucks are needed?

pattip2000 said:

We were considering buying a place...maybe a condo or something...now that we'll have two salaries starting in July when I start my residency......but even condos cost around $300K+!

I'm hungry! I'd kill for some Chinese right now :drool:

U2 and Chinese, could life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

Axver said:

If I remember correctly, isn't it free for computer-to-computer calls, but costs money if you call a landline or a mobile phone?

Could be...I'm not sure. I think she calls landlines with it, but I don't know about cells.

U2fan05 said:
anyone know if any radio stations are covering

i don't know...but maybe...during monterray.. a mexican radio covered the first 6 songs...and it was possible to hear them from internet broadcast..

Utoo said:

Could be...I'm not sure. I think she calls landlines with it, but I don't know about cells.

I just checked their website, and it says that Internet calls are free, but:

Unfortunately the world is far from perfect, and not everyone has Skype yet. That’s why we have SkypeOut, a low cost way to make calls from Skype to friends who still use those traditional landlines or mobile phones. That means calling anyone, anywhere in the world at local rates.

catlhere said:
I'm hungry! I'd kill for some Chinese right now :drool:

U2 and Chinese, could life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

000879203.gif

oh, and I can't find any radio station broadcasting - maybe some others can search. The other station from the other day was in Monterrey I believe. No idea about Mexico City...

Utoo said:

We were considering buying a place...maybe a condo or something...now that we'll have two salaries starting in July when I start my residency......but even condos cost around $300K+!

tell me about it, my brother owns a house built by the same builder as mine and his is worth 3x as much and he paid 20,000 less than I did for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom