Mexico City I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper: :hyper:

Actually, I'm :sad: :sad: because I really can't party with all you Setlist Party Peeps tonight. I have a lot of preparation to do for my freelance work, so I can't stay here.

Stupid work ruins all my fun!!!! :madspit:

Have a great show! :wave:

Encore- it means we played it once already and we’re gong to fucking play it again.

Where did I hear something like that?

ponee said:
does anyone know how the two vertigos are different? it seems kinda lame that they play the song twice. maybe they can play Bad three times to be "innovative".

Well, they're not different. In Europe, one Vertigo was performed in daylight so the second was supposedly played to show off the lighting. But now they're doing it at shows that start in darkness, so that reason doesn't hold water.

Some have claimed it's a hark back to the times when U2 played 11 O'clock Tick Tock, The Ocean, and I Will Follow twice because they ran out of material. I think that's reading too much into it. I just think U2 are milking Vertigo's popularity for all it's worth.

pattip2000 said:
:wave: Utoo

hows it going?

Not too shabby! Monica's out at pottery class tonight, so I've got at least another hour that I can use indulge in a setlist party....hehe :wink:

pattip2000 said:
Encore- it means we played it once already and we’re gong to fucking play it again.

Where did I hear something like that?

Bono's said that the word 'encore' comes from an Italian word used in the opera where people who really liked a song would call to hear it again.

Which makes me wonder why they do Vertigo twice rather than Streets, as Streets always gets the best reception.

Utoo said:

Not too shabby! Monica's out at pottery class tonight, so I've got at least another hour that I can use indulge in a setlist party....hehe :wink:

I promise I won’t tell on you.

Did you have a good time the other night?

The second Vertigo often contains has "hello hello, goodbye" at the end.......it is awesome.

My preference would be for COBL to open and Vertigo to close.

ponee said:
does anyone know how the two vertigos are different? it seems kinda lame that they play the song twice. maybe they can play Bad three times to be "innovative".

I've never seen a double-V live....folks who see it live say it's amazing (though some folks who see like 30 shows seem to get tired of it..)

francy said:
do u have updates from mexico city???

It's my assumption that the show starts in about an hour. That's when Monterrey began anyway, and I think Mexico City is running to the same schedule.

Axver said:

Well, they're not different. In Europe, one Vertigo was performed in daylight so the second was supposedly played to show off the lighting. But now they're doing it at shows that start in darkness, so that reason doesn't hold water.

Some have claimed it's a hark back to the times when U2 played 11 O'clock Tick Tock, The Ocean, and I Will Follow twice because they ran out of material. I think that's reading too much into it. I just think U2 are milking Vertigo's popularity for all it's worth.

That is so not a good excuse to play it twice now :grumpy:

Utoo said:
folks who see it live say it's amazing

No they don't. I saw it and I thought it was kind of bland, nothing special, and that something else would've been better. My girlfriend, who likes U2 a lot but isn't obsessive like us, agreed with me.

And another rumor, Desire was soundchecked today, but Bono couldn't find a harmonica, so he is using a kazoo.

Axver said:

yes..this is true...but also the first was the opening of the show...and the crown was not "ready"....the second was the closing with the crow hot...so it rocked more!!

hello everybody!!
and nice to meet u!!

pattip2000 said:

I promise I won’t tell on you.

Did you have a good time the other night?

Yeah, though we didn't end up staying too long. We didn't end up finding anyone else (so hard not knowing faces!) and the other two chicas we met with you didn't seem very talkative or eager to hang out with us two folks they didn't know..... so Mons & I went home and hung out with other friends. Of course, as soon as we got home, I got a voicemail from u2forlife who told me that they were like 5 feet from where we were at the bar..... :/ oh well! We should definitely arrange a DC get-together...I think we'd get a good number & have a great time

Axver said:

It's my assumption that the show starts in about an hour. That's when Monterrey began anyway, and I think Mexico City is running to the same schedule.

We are blindly going at this tonight, maybe I should visit google……

Vertigo x2 is cool.........but only if it were a "bonus song". As people state, far better to choose another unplayed tune.

I don't see why don't open with COBL and close with Vertigo personally.

I prefer Vertigo played to end the show, but the way I see it, there's one more song that can be played over Vertigo twice

I'd rather have an opening including Until the End of the World allowing an encore of Zoo Station -> The Fly -> Mysterious Ways again, and keeping the Yahweh -> Vertigo 2nd 3ncore

Utoo said:

Yeah, though we didn't end up staying too long. We didn't end up finding anyone else (so hard not knowing faces!) and the other two chicas we met with you didn't seem very talkative or eager to hang out with us two folks they didn't know..... so Mons & I went home and hung out with other friends. Of course, as soon as we got home, I got a voicemail from u2forlife who told me that they were like 5 feet from where we were at the bar..... :/ oh well! We should definitely arrange a DC get-together...I think we'd get a good number & have a great time

I think we were all a bit tired by that time, I’m sorry about that. They are nice girls, I promise. Whats the word on the D.C. gathering, I remember someone (maybe it was you) saying St. Pats day?

thelaj said:
Vertigo x2 is cool.........but only if it were a "bonus song". As people state, far better to choose another unplayed tune.

I don't even think it could be a bonus song. U2's catalogue is so vast, it would take them forever to exhaust all the songs worth playing live.

thelaj said:

Though I prefer 40 or maybe Bad as a closer..even Yahweh..., I definitely think COBL is the best opener for the tour. Bono walking up the steps to the Ellipse, arms wide open, slowly twirling around while confetti drops down on him....... Awesome!! :drool:

hi don't know why they play vertigo twice....but well in milan it rocked...
but tonight i really would like to hear 40 instead of vertigo bis...

yes..i think this is a great way to meet people....my friends think that i'm crazy doing it..because now is 1.43 am in uk.....and i should be in bed

I hope they open with "promenade" instead of vertigo. theres nothing like "coca cola football radio radio radio" to get a stadium rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom