MERGED--> YOUR third leg support shortlist + Most Likely to Open Third Leg...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
YOUR third leg support shortlist

If you were in charge of selecting a group of 5-10 bands to present to U2 as possible openers for the third leg of the tour, who would be on that list?

Here's mine, ranked in order of preference:

stellastarr*
The Arcade Fire
The White Stripes [Are they too big to open for U2?]
The Killers
Franz Ferdinand
Snow Patrol
Death Cab For Cutie [not so sure how well this would go over, or even if they'd want to do it]

- Dream Theatre
- Porcupine Tree
- Muse
- Re-formed Crowded House with Paul Hester back from the dead
- The Dalton Brothers

And then when U2 look at me like I have three heads, I'll tell them I'm completely serious and damn well expect to see the U2/Dream Theatre tour coming to a town near me next year.

Axver said:
- Re-formed Crowded House with Paul Hester back from the dead

Seriously...U2 would have to open for the Crowdies any day in my book. CH > U2. That being said...

Even you Axver must admit that an act that features a resseruction deserves to have top billing, I don't think I'm being overly pedantic.

- Shihad
- Betchadupa

I want to see Placebo open for them again. :sad: But I think they're too big. Maybe not in the States, though. :hmm: . I think I'd die if I saw U2 and Placebo in the same night

placebo opened up for popmart (3rd leg?) umm..i would like to see someone new and METALL!!! (ex: ratm on popmart, primus on zootv:wink: )

A descent U2 cover band to play the 10 or so songs that the band left off their current setlist that I’d like to hear. Bastards!! ;)

Snow Patrol

The Killers

Razorlight

Acarde Fire (I think their chances to support on the 3rd leg are very high ;))

I liked Kings of Leon but I really hope they have more than one support act on the 3rd leg.

Killers, Doves, Blue Merle

Killers and Blue Merle are both on the Island label. 1st time Ive bought CDs from that label since the U2 days. I dont expect the Doves in the US though, unfortunately

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
Killers, Doves, Blue Merle

Killers and Blue Merle are both on the Island label. 1st time Ive bought CDs from that label since the U2 days. I dont expect the Doves in the US though, unfortunately

Doves actually might be an option. They will probably be wrapping up their tour by the third leg, and they just released a new album.

Blue Merle is awesome though. It's like if Coldplay grew up in Montana.

Maybe The Killers, but I doubt it.

My shortlist...

Athlete
Snow Patrol
Arcade Fire

Oasis - surely they cant fill an arena by the selves down south - nice way to plug the new album! maybe Weezer? YAY!

trespassers william (haha, no chance in hell, but i can dream)
keane
the arcade fire

but really, they could just play old U2 videos or something and i'd be happy. or of course nothing at all. nobody's there for an opener anyway.

Back
Top Bottom