MERGED-->whos wanting for dublin presale then! + Ticket Problems Continue in Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got 2 U2.com subscriptions because I wanted to try and get tickets in the presale for London and Dublin. As it happend I couldn't make the original London date and there was no presale for the 2nd show! So I've got two membership pre sales. Now, if I were, just asking here not saying I would, to use both to get GA tickets for Dublin (if thats possible) would that still be within the rules? Just hoping I might be able to do that and swop them for some GA for the second London show? I'm fairly new here, do a lot of swops happen?

I just got the fucking page about firewalls and stuff. Oh shit oh shit. I turned off the security stuff and everything. Oh shit. Oh shit.

keep trying i waited for ages as well

hit refresh repeatedly!!!

oh and jeffersUK
you can use the 2 memberships and buy 2 sets of tix if you want to but make sure you use 2 different credit cards with different names AND different billing addresses (even if the names are different if the billing address is the same they'll flag it and cancel it)

Been stuck between the submit code page and nowhere for 10 mins, and afraid to refresh page.Why am i getting a bad feeling about this??? How long will ticketw**kers apology take this time do we think???

after 5 mins of getting the refreshing notice, i was invited to put my code in, I have done that, i am now getting the refreshing notice 15mins later, and waiting to proceed to the next stage.

Stuck in the same no mans land and nothings happening fast.

Should I now open multiple windows with my code any wait till one gets through (or can t his invalidate)

Or does the actual waiting page work - ie yr in a q? and I should sit tight.

You must arrive from the correct page.

We have fucked you over, you have more chance with Paris Hilton than you do these tickets. Oh and we are now denying your access code just for the hell of it as well.

Switch off my firewall and was able to go in and select 4 GA. Got to another page which I had to continually refresh to get through. Then had to enter details etc.

THEN THE FUCKER TIMED OUT ON ME!!!

This is because I had to refresh on "purchase page 3". No other reason.

Trying to get through again from the start.

I guarantee it comes up with an invalid code message. An absolute guarantee.

got 4 GA :hyper:

(is that what pitch standing means also?)

got in at 10:13 completed 4 minutes later

Last edited:
Wow...My Brother is using his code to buy for Dublin, and has gotten dumped by the site twice now, both times after entering CC info. This is a monumental Clusterf**K

Ticket Problems Continue in Ireland

Like many of you, I saved my presale code for tickets in Ireland. One of my closest friends is from Dublin (although he lives in the U.S. with his family) and I thought it would be great if we could all see the show in his home country.

I was able to log onto U2.com at 4 a.m. Eastern time (or 9 a.m. GMT). By 4:50 a.m. (or 9:50 a.m. GMT), I was blocked from entering. I was already blocked 10 minutes before the sale even started!!

At 5:15 a.m. (or 10:15 a.m. GMT), I finally was able to access U2.com. I quickly pasted in my presale code (to prevent possible typing errors) and hit enter. I was immediately brought to an error website that said "Page not found". I tried to relog-in and then re-enter my presale code but when I did, I received an error message this time stating that the code had already been used. When? When I tried to log in and was booted? Obviously their computer systems can't determine when a code was used to log in and when an actual purchase was made.

I had nothing but problems trying to get my $20 discount (as a Propaganda member) to U2.com. Now I had nothing but problems using my presale code. I had hoped a week later, they would've resolved the issue - apparently not. As a U2 fan who has just about everything U2 has released, the "tidbits" U2.com offer is simply not worth the money - nor the hassle of using their system!

I wasn't expecting great tickets, but I certainly wasn't expecting to be told my code wasn't even valid or to be completely blocked from the site. The utter incompetence of U2.com and TicketMaster continues.

After the debacle of the membership and now this ticket drive, it's little wonder many of you are seeking legal action against U2.com. I may just join you - enough is enough.

Last edited:
Got 4 GA at last. Stuck for a while refreshing on page 3 of the purchase screen. If you are there stick with it!!!!!

Phew, I just got tickets at 10.10am... no real probs as reported by others here, except a wait on that "10 second refresh" page. By the way, I kept manually refreshing - I can't wait 10 secs :)

4 general admission...

Keep trying.

--DF

I refreshed the time out page.....and it just worked...

Wooooo hoooooo.

4 GAs for Dublin.

3x now...after entering CC info as fast I we can Type (!!) we get told that we took too long, even though we supposedly have 5 minutes

Back
Top Bottom