MERGED --> what is going on with ETS? + Screwed Again - Now By Ets!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we get our SD tickets taken away, I'm using that time and money to see Elevation in Vegas. How tiresome this all is.

On a different note, I checked steelcitytickets.com today (Pittsburgh's ticket broker) and there are GA's on there for all the North American tour dates thus far. I wonder if they will have to reclaim them as well?

I'm pretty impressed U2 is pulling the ETS GAs and throwing them out at face to the general public. There's no greed in that decision.

Don't forget - there are many more shows to be added - there will be presales - the codes will be good - many more GAs will be available for those than in the first round. Floor junkies who travel are assured relatively cheap GAs (via Ebay) in smaller markets (like PHX). The price will drop as we go closer. U2 is doing what they can. I really think the promoters have most the GAs and they don't even make it to TM.

In a perfect world U2 could hold ETS reservation for those with presale codes. Too complicated on such short notice. I know this is frustrating, but if I were U2 I'd have made the same call.

really it's like being tortured, just give us die hard fans our tickets so we can relax. There is another fan club presale? Who are these tickets going to and how do you get them?

arizzzona said:
I'm pretty impressed U2 is pulling the ETS GAs and throwing them out at face to the general public.
Or to the scalpers :)

On a side note, I've not received any notice from ETS yet that my tickets have been swiped. We'll see what happens Sat.

Last edited:
Ok, ETS swiped our GA tickets, but they upgraded us to 2nd tier seats (front row of that section) for cheap. I guess that's acceptable. It's still opening night.

cydewaze said:

Or to the scalpers :)

On a side note, I've not received any notice from ETS yet that my tickets have been swiped. We'll see what happens Sat.

Correct.

There is no evidence that the tickets will be made available to fans at face value.

Likely, there is a higher price to sell them a different way.....

cydewayze, I just talked to ETS and, they said it could be the 1st row of the section or not to upgrade - no guarantees. And, if I were to not reply by 10pm to night, no penalty.

Yes, I think what cyde meant was that they told us that they keep the front rows of the various sections, so we will be close to the front of the section, not necessarily the front row. So....we took them. :sigh:

U2WOJO said:
The dumbasses will put the tickets into the general sale so more fall into the hands of brokers. Who is more likely to get good tickets from TicketBastard, an average fan who maybe once or twice a year uses it, or a broker? I would bet money on the broker who know all the tricks in the system from familiarity of the system. Why can't they do it like Pearl Jam did it? Print your dam name on the ticket and if you don't have a photo id with your name on it, you don't get in. No more ebay, no more scalpers, no more 10 times the price of tickets in a secondary market.

and then when you still dont get tickets what will you do? Then youre shit our of luck because there is no secondary market or if there is it will astronomical.

People assume taking scalpers out of the equation means they will get the tickets they want. 1800 GA seats for a show in Boston or NY probably means there is 50 people wanting a GA ticket for everyone that is available.

I love Pearl Jam and have seen them 70+ times but they are not U2. You cant ID everybody at an arena or stadium show. Its too many people.

Unfortunately, for U2 fans, the demand is far, far greater than the supply.

cbradfly1 said:
Who knows? Maybe some of the ETS tickets got on ebay. It's apparent now that tickets found their way into the wrong hands. On the upside, maybe some of these scalpers who thought they would be able to fill ebay orders will get screwed.

Yeah, but if you were as desperate as I (and bought off ebay), I'm getting screwed too!!!

who is going though ETS for tickets?

Just looking for some advice on ETS and who is using them for the tour - I'm thinking about this for Chicago

ETS is a package deal company. They're the official package provider of U2. They have packages with flight, hotel and ticket to the shows.

Problem is this time around there are no GA's being offered like with Elevation. They gave their allotment of GA's back to U2.

Back
Top Bottom