MERGED --> What are the signs on bono`s blindfold? + What does [quarter moon] OE [sta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.dae

Acrobat
What are the signs on bono `s blindfold ?

There are some signs written on bono `s`blindfold ? Does anybody know ? I`m just curious.
Aren `t those the same signs like those on the wall of HQ in the Vertigo HQ video version ?

cheers,
dr.dae

:ohmy:
Ahh yes. I thought something like that. Do you remember the thread about the hidden messages in the vertigo hq video ?

Thanks starsgoblue.

What does [quarter moon] OE [star] IS [cross] mean?

The subject says it all...

That's what is written on the headband Bono's wears during Bullet the Blue Sky.

A snapshot of this "sign" also appears in Willie diary's latest post:

http:// u2 . com/images/diary/91.jpg
(membership required)

I am guessing it is a reference to religions... Does anyone know the exact meaning?

Thank you!

-Cyril

I read somewhere he has the Muslim symbol of the half-moon, Jewish symbol of David's star and the Christianity symbol of the cross and that they spell COEXIST.

Last edited:
I was wondering what the heck he was saying.. lol. He was pointing to the symbols on his head band and saying them outloud during the show (forget which song) but I couldnt figure out what the heck he was talking about.

He did say them at the show, but it was hard to understand. Bottom line - all three of the world's major religions NEED to learn to get along. I loved that sequence of the show.
Not sure if he did this at all shows, but Bono dedicated BTBS to Daniel Pearl. I thougt that was awesome!

This shot makes it a lot more clear -- can you all see this? I wasn't sure if the image would post correctly as it is from the "Members Only" section of the U2 site.

90.jpg

Great RedLite ! Yeah that`s it...
But I never realized that its meaning is "coexist".

Thanks for enlightenment to you all.

cheers,
dr.dae

Back
Top Bottom