MERGED --> Vetigo Tour higlights + Happy Christmas Tour is over - Vertigo's best bits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Vetigo Tour higlights

Wha do you think is the highligts of the whole Vertigo tour?

Here's my list

Return of Zoo Station

LIB
Discothèque
OTH
Desire
AOH
Kite
WGRYWH(Twickenham)
Gloria
Bad(2005-09-14 and 2005-12-04)
Electric Co
Miss Sarajevo(Milan 1 & 2)
WTSHNN
SYCMIOYO
Vertigo2
BD
LPOE(React now)

Bad, The Electric Co, VertigoX2, The First Time, Discotheque , ZOO STATION (Once Bono got with the lyrics), Crumbs From Your Table, Gloria, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart....Kite...and One Fucking Tree Hill.

- Yahweh/40
- The First Time making it's live debut
- Vertigo/Stories For Boys
- The return of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and Gloria after a lengthy absence
- Bono's text messages
- Achtung Baby encores (PoP encore for the next tour?)
- The curtain of lights used at the arena shows

damn, being at that dress rehearsal in LA was my highlight....I saw the show three other times, but seeing the band still trying to get certain songs right and edge figuring which pedal to hit.....funtastic
COBL with the confetti is the most inspirational opener Ive ever seen

Tied for first:
- One Tree Hill
- The Electric Co.

Then, in no particular order:
- Best version ever of The Fly
- Gloria
- An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
- Stories For Boys snippet in Vertigo
- Zoo Station
- Bad/40 as a closer
- The First Time
- Miss Sarajevo, especially Bono's opera vocals
- Full electric Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
- COBL and LAPOE as openers
- Gorgeous new Kite

So many good memories. It's so weird that it's now all over.

The electric co., the new Fly and the new Kite.

Very honourable mention First time and One tree hill and Miss Sarajevo.

Pol.jpg

U2.jpg

U2-1.jpg

The new songs from the "bomb":Vertigo, COBL, Sometimes, Miracle Drug, Crumbs and Yahweh.

Streets as the best live song ever in every U2 concert that songs creates a madness and the loudest response.

Bad-one of the best and the most powerful U2 songs.

One Tree Hill-one of the most emotional songs (and not just by U2). It brought tears in my eyes, just like a few songs can do.

Miss Sarajevo-Bono¨s voice was simply amazing here.

Electric Co. definitely one of the highlights on Vertigo Tour.
Great rocking song and after this tour my favorite songs from Boy.

Gloria-when I heard this song live my childhood dreams came true and now I have heard at least one song from every U2 album.

The Fly-on every tour this song is better and better (I do not know why Edge said that maybe it would not stood the test of time or something like that).

The First Time

Classics such as SBS, One, WOWY, Beautiful Day.....

I wish we could hear more songs from Pop, specially Please (full band, Pop Mart style) or from AB like Acrobat (dream on dreamers), but I am more than happy with Vertigo Tour.

blueyedpoet said:
damn, being at that dress rehearsal in LA was my highlight....I saw the show three other times, but seeing the band still trying to get certain songs right and edge figuring which pedal to hit.....funtastic

:up: agreed- that was fantastic!!!

other highlights:

Bono banging on the drum during LAPOE
the return of Discotheque in Toronto, with the Pop Muzik intro
Fast Cars :drool:
UTEOTW with Edge running around the ellipse and Bono chasing him
Bad with "People Got the Power" snippet
Miss Sarajevo
and finally, a happy, smiling Adam Clayton

it was a great tour.... :applaud:

There are many highlights from this tour for me. Three special ones are the powerful comebacks of:
The Electric Co.
One Tree Hill
Kite

The comeback of The Electric Co. was unexpected and the energy that they guys had when playing this one was pretty fucking awesome! Watching it live in front of me was pretty much one of the best moments of my life. One Tree Hill was a beautiful gift for long time fans and like what was happening on The Elevation Tour it seems that U2 are no longer afraid of reaching back to their catalogue and playing those older (and in this case slightly obscure) songs. This new and powerfully emotional version of Kite (still a new song in my mind) at the end of the tour after a time without touring was once again the proof that every time U2 is “coming back” they can blow us away in a very natural and original way. Beautiful. Gives me great hope for the next tours and albums.

Other fantastic highlights:
- Larry playing the drums at the ellipse then moving back to his “place” with Samurai Bono sharing the vocals with him during the chorus and later taking over it at the ellipse during Love And Peace Or Else. One of my favorites, most powerful, coolest and original moments in U2 touring history in my humble opinion.
- The energy and feeling of freshness that there was at the beginning of this tour when they were changing openers, coming up with different setlists, trying new arrangements and bringing back really old songs. It’s very hard to beat that feeling.
- Bono’s vocals. It wasn’t just Sometimes and Miss Sarajevo that got a special treat. All songs did, he was really belting it out in all songs. Screaming, wailing and naturally singing like he hasn’t ever before. He’s got into a different place as a singer and I admit that I did not expect this to happen! Congrats to the B-Man!
- The “fucking up with our usual attitude and image on stage” kind of feeling that I surely felt during this tour with Adam smiling and walking all over the ellipse, Larry speaking at the microphone, Edge shaking his fist in the air during Zoo Station and many, many more.
- The Fly. My favorite version of this song. Larry and Edge rule big fucking time!
- Vertigo. One of the most energetic and ass kicking live songs they got.
- An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart. Fucking great move. Added a different color to the show. They don’t have many songs like that.
- Gloria
- Elevation
- Discothèque
- Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Wow, didn’t expect this one to comeback electric and with a nice new little solo at the end. I was a bit disappointed that they started playing the acoustic version of it later but they were still playing this beautiful song anyway.
- Yahweh. As much as I love the all band version on the record this acoustic version was really beautiful and unique.
- The Ocean
- The Africa Speech between Pride and Streets. That’s right I love them! They were inspiring, honest and after all this is U2! They came from the heart and suited those songs really well creating once again “that special U2 moment” with those two songs.
- Playing The Saints Are Coming and Window In The Skies was a nice move cause it added freshness to the show after so many moments without touring and then coming back to the same tour.
- Miss Sarajevo. So cool and unexpected to have this song back and with Bono not only singing Pavarotti’s vocals but nailing it big time!
- The many snippets of U2 songs (like Twilight, Love Rescue Me, In A Little While, Please, Love Is Blindness….) and other great non-U2 songs (Here Comes The Sun, Many Rivers To Cross, Johnny Comes Marching Home, Enter Sandman, Ol’ Man River, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band….)

There are more but those are the ones that stand out in my mind right now! :D

The return of annoying acronyms :drool:

My highlights:

The ZooTV encore
The Electric Co.'s resurgence
All I Want is You becoming a closer
City of Blinding Lights opening
Running to Stand Still's return
Miss Sarajevo popping out of nowhere
Bad actually being played a substantial amount of times
With or Without You not sucking as bad this tour
Gloria
Kite's return on the 5th leg (4.5th?)

there are others but I forgot.

1. Electric Co

Everything else isnt even close to me.

Tied for 2nd:

Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
An Cat Dubh
Gloria
Fast Cars

Honorable Mention:
One Tree Hill
Kite

Next tour they just need to bring back God Part II and Hawkmoon 269 and my list of songs I want to return someday will be complete as I got my number 1 choice this tour. Not holding my breath though. :laugh:

- City of blinding lights intro
- zoo station encore
- kite close the shows
- love and peace
- one tree hill
- original of the species with guitars (europe leg)
- fantastic Miss Saravejo
- whos gonna ride your wild horses
- in a little while with brandon flowers (the killers vocal)
- with or without you with shine like stars
- gloria, electric co.,the ocean and an cat dubh ressurection!! :drool:

1. Electric Co
2. An cat dubh / Into the heart
3. One tree hill
4. Gloria
5. Miss Sarajevo
6. The Ocean
7. The Saints are coming (rocking!!!)
8. Kite (new great version)
9. Love and Peace or else (best HTDAAB song live)
10. ZOO / FLY / Mysterious Ways encore......:drool:
11. Bono's voice better than Elevation and (maybe) Pop Mart
12. Adam being so cool.....
13. Larry hitting the damn drum a bit more......
14. Edge beins the man more than ever.....
15. Discotheque (only 2 times......:mad: )

Very nice tour, saw them 5 times, I'm so spoilt, thank you U2 !!!

ELETRIC CO !!!!
Best Version ever of the Fly :drool: :drool:
COBL Oh City ! What an opening :drool:
Kite Re-Vamped
OoTS sounding awesome with or without guitar
The Acoustic Numbers : First Time , Stuck
Elevation Re-Vamped Best Version Ever
ZooStation BVE
Return of An Cat Dubh/ ITH

God there are so many great stuff ........

I would pass all day here :wink:

WHAT A TOUR !! I 'll miss this tour deeply

For me, the absolute highlights of the Vertigo tour has to be the following:

1. the return of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart: it's just PURE U2 and I never tire of watching it on the Chicago DVD.

2. the return of The Electric Co.: This should really never leave the set from here on out....

3. City of Blinding Lights intro: better opening than Zoo Station, Elevation, Mofo all rolled up into one....

4. the re-vamped Kite

5. the return of Out of Control at very select shows late in the final leg...

My hope for the next tour is that more of the early material is covered, and give some of the more recent 'standards' a break. Most of the above highlights constitute early material-era U2, and it just rocks in concert. For me, at least, Out of Control must become a staple on the next tour along with The Electric Co. I doubt we'll see much more of An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart on the next outing, but it was certainly great getting it this time around.

I'm also voting for the next tour to have All I Want Is You segue into Streets, ala Slane....just an amazing pair there!

- Beautiful Day/ Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club/blackbird

- City of blinding lights... stunning opening

- Kite... superb

- Full band Walk on at Sydney 11nov06

- The FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- With or without you.... for me it stood up impressively compared with the other old live favorites

- Until the end of the world opening the encore at the third sydney show....

easily...

An Cat Dubh/ Into The Heart

others:
Electric Co
The Ocean
Gloria
Bad (Denver)
Zoo Station
Love and Peace
The First Time
Yahweh
Miss Sarajevo
One Tree Hill

As for the shows I went to:
rated:
(1) San Diego #1
(2) Houston
(3) Denver #2 (can someone please post this on u2 torrents!)
(4) Omaha
(5) Denver #1

Last edited:
The whole 5th leg...

1. The band was so fresh and happy!

2. Bono sounded AMAZING (best since Zoo TV)

3. We got brilliant versions of songs not played elsewhere (Kite, One Tree Hill, Angel of Harlem, etc)

4. Bono and Larry had better hair by the end of the year!

I have seen two boots from South America and the difference is huge. We really got lucky with the whole postponing of shows...even if we didnt know it at the time! I think even the band would regard it as some of their best (at least most enjoyable) shows in a long time.

Songs of the tour:

Kite
Electric Co. (the one downside of the last leg was its absence!)
Zoo Station
The Fly
The Edge!

For me:

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
Electric Co
Zoo Station
Running to Stand Still

Hearing those first 3, that first night in San Diego, was something I'll never forget....I was amazed, especially at An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart....had wanted to hear that song forever and was very much resigned to never getting that opportunity. So, though my list could go on and on, those are the big ones.

Hearing Bad's tour debut in Glendale did not suck either, doubly so since I was the "source" that night.

May I also add...

My personal tour highlight was watching the Brisbane Rehearsal whilst people around me sang and danced in the rain! Very fucking cool U3 moment.

Back
Top Bottom