MERGED--> Venue Change + MCG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zepher25

Acrobat
Venue Change

you know what would be cool, if at the melbourne shows U2 changed the venue and went cross town to the MCG my guess is you could get about 150,000 people in there for a concert, i wanted to go to the telstra dome show but they sold out in like 2 minutes or some insanely short time like that, so yeah there my rant bout it

Mcg

i hope they do another melbourne show but at the MCG this time, it may have been there original wish to play there on this past weekend but due to the commonwealth games it was unavailable, but from september 30th (afl grand final) to boxing day (3rd 3 mobile ashes test) its free

yeah thinking about it the ground is pretty big and open so acoustics would be pretty dodgy, i spose the roof will be closed at the dome and acoustics should be better. it makes sense seeing as the Telstra Dome was designed for all types of events not just footy whereas the MCG was desigined specifically for sporting events

Re: Venue Change

zepher25 said:
you know what would be cool, if at the melbourne shows U2 changed the venue and went cross town to the MCG my guess is you could get about 150,000 people in there for a concert,

I've thought about that...

Could it be an Australian record for a concert attendance? (assuming 150,000 is a fair number) :hmm:

I don't think you'll find them playing the MCG again. Last time they played there the sound was rubbish and a lot of people supposedly asked for their money back.

i revisited my thoughts and decided that the MCG isnt all that good for concerts, its way too open and has bad acoustics, allthough the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony on sunday night wasen't too bad but the telstra dome was designed with the thought of concerts unlike the MCG which is primarally for AFL and Cricket matches. i think ill be able to get tickets when retuns come back from people unable to attend the new dates, i was concidering ebay but Ticketmaster have a history of nullifying scalped tickets beaucse people sell them hundreds of dollars more than face value

Last edited:
the mcg sucks for concerts but i swear you'll never find a better AFL venue bloody awsome, unfortuneatly my team now plays most home games at telstra dome

zepher25 said:
yeah thinking about it the ground is pretty big and open so acoustics would be pretty dodgy, i spose the roof will be closed at the dome

It was probably a one off, but Green Day had the roof opened, after the opening acts, and just before they came on the roof opened.

I guess its sort of what the band whats kinda thing.

rain must no have been forcasted, the probably would have had it shut if they forcested it, unfortuneatly it takes about a half hour to close that roof....btw any people going to the melbourne show if you want a real vertigo experiance go to level 3 at telstra dome and look down....vertigo is ensured!

tourist said:
dont Crowded House have the attendance record for the Opera House Farewell? like 150 000+

I'm pretty sure it is, but it was a free gig. The real number is higher than 150,000 too, anywhere up to 300,000 depending on when you start saying people were "at" the concert and not just having dinner at Circular Quay or taking a stroll down Mrs Macquarie's Chair.

Those were the days. It'll be 10 years since that too at the end of the year, November no less. :sigh:

tourist said:
i was in the front row, hard to believe there were 300 000ish people behind me!! :ohmy:

Front row must have been incredible. It was certainally the way to go out. :up:

May have even been bigger if it wasn't postponed as well. :wink:

Last edited:
zepher25 said:

about $100+ plus, i dont think i will at the moment when the new dates come out some people will have to return tickets and i can get them legally through ticketmaster

Thats the same price i paid for GA! I say go for it,buy them!:up:

Back
Top Bottom