MERGED --> UK tickets - arriving at last! + My London ticket just arrived + Glasgow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well according to ticketBASTARD,

"If you have used an overseas address when booking standing tickets, these will be available for collection at the box office on the day of the event; tickets will not be sent out"

Thanks a lot! masters of the ticket indeed.
:mad:

I paid some ridiculous posting fee for this too and now they're saying I have to pick it up??? Pissed off...

This is for cardiff btw.

Last edited:
edge_2125 said:
So which gates are closer/closest to the stage?

edit:
For Manchester I mean.

Looking at the plan - Gates B and Y are the best.... P and K are at the other end of the Stadium....
I am not sure it will matter too much as long as you are near the front of your gates queue as they will open the gates at the same time..........

The only thing that worries me if they put a barrier up at the half way line or something, people at gates P and K won't be able to get close to the stage or walkways... can't see this happening though....

What does everyone else think

Lisa

This maybe in the wrong place but...got my U2 ticket today and seems to be a evil barcode on it for GA. Looked on ebay and seated tickets don't seem to have one. PANICK STATIONS! I'm in a party of 3 and can't be split up. NOT AMUSED.

I am waiting for my GAs to come but the seated ones def don't have a bar code as I have some for Twickenham

My GA's are being delivered tomorrow but rumor has it that they DO have bar codes - maybe we are getting the dreaded lottery -

I am in a three as well but I have another problem - out mate booked her ticket after myself and my sister on a Ebay buy it now and we are now panicking that she will be at another gate to us........

Lisa

I'm not an expert at tickets or anything but maybe the barcode is to proove its real and help count the numbers of people going in. One can hope! Anyone know if the barcode looks the same as the American ones? I seem to remember them looking bigger.

Arcadion said:
Well according to ticketBASTARD,

"If you have used an overseas address when booking standing tickets, these will be available for collection at the box office on the day of the event; tickets will not be sent out"

Thanks a lot! masters of the ticket indeed.

I paid some ridiculous posting fee for this too and now they're saying I have to pick it up??? Pissed off...

This is for cardiff btw.

This is fucking ridiculous! And what can we do about it? Nothing but bend over and take it from TM.

Still nothing from Ticketline or Ticketmaster here. How can I be getting so worried despite knowing that the TM one at least hasn't been cancelled?!

This whole thing is making Ticketmaster US looking very competent, and those are two words that should never be used in the same sentence, "ticketmaster" and "competent."

:crazy: I'm now getting worried seetickets.con sent me an e-mail on tuesday saying i would get my tickets in the following 2-3 days and guess what no tickets.

Thanks to the incompetence of Ticketmaster UK, I have extra Cardiff Standing tickets which I must get rid of. The only problem is they must be collected at the box office on the day of the show. They are willing to allow me to transfer the tickets to someone else, so long as I provide the person with a letter of authorization.

I had planned on swapping for tickets to Manchester #1, but now it looks like that is going to fall through, so I may be stuck with these tickets, which I'm unable to use.

If there is anyone out there who wants them at a bargain price, I might be willing to discuss selling them for even a loss at this point. Ticketmaster UK has quite possibly ruined what was to be a great trip overseas for the first time, to see a few U2 shows among other things. My only hope is to find someone to take these off my hand, otherwise I'm out 125 pounds, or about $250 US. In the end, I guess it's just a lot of money, but they have drained much of my enthusiasm, and caused me undo stress thanks to their changing the rules at the end of the game. Shows you how little they give a cr** about people, so long as they get their money.

If anyone is interested, and we can work something out, please reply or send an E-Mail to SoCalMusicLover@AOL.Com.

seetickets

the edges plec said:
:crazy: I'm now getting worried seetickets.con sent me an e-mail on tuesday saying i would get my tickets in the following 2-3 days and guess what no tickets.

Yesterday, SMS tried to deliver our tickets to my sister in law's house but they knocked on the wrong door and put a note through asking her to ring to re-arrange a time!!!! If they'd have gone to the correct address in the first place we would now have our tickets. They are supposed to be delivering them tomorrow now, she phoned them and told them in great detail how to get to her house and told them of their mistake, they wouldn't even speak to her at first as the tickets were booked in her husband's name!!!! How annoying, they better come tomorrow. It's bad enough having to wait since the end of January to get our tickets but then for them to cock it all up at the last minute is a JOKE!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: seetickets

adele said:

Yesterday, SMS tried to deliver our tickets to my sister in law's house but they knocked on the wrong door and put a note through asking her to ring to re-arrange a time!!!! If they'd have gone to the correct address in the first place we would now have our tickets. They are supposed to be delivering them tomorrow now, she phoned them and told them in great detail how to get to her house and told them of their mistake, they wouldn't even speak to her at first as the tickets were booked in her husband's name!!!! How annoying, they better come tomorrow. It's bad enough having to wait since the end of January to get our tickets but then for them to cock it all up at the last minute is a JOKE!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
So does this mean i could get my tickets tomorrow?i didn't think these crappy courier firms worked on a saturday.

OK dont panic...i too am waiting for mine tomorrow after an attempted delivery on Wednesday. I have used these guys loads to do Sat deliveries and they've ALWAYS turned up. I put a sign on the inside of my door just to make sure they know im expecting them! Seetickets have really screwed up going down this route and i think this will be my last time i use them. What's wrong with leaving them at the post office like old days....?

Finally got my tickets at 7:30pm on Thursday - after recieving an email from SMS saying "delivery will take place on Wednesday the 1st of June between the hours of 8am and 6pm" - I rang SMS at 18:30 on Thursday and after spending 11 minutes on hold the operator said "He was running a bit late and on his way" - and got them an hour later - What a joke of for a courier service !

Re: Re: seetickets

the edges plec said:

So does this mean i could get my tickets tomorrow?i didn't think these crappy courier firms worked on a saturday.
Yes they work Monday to Saturday. So fingers crossed you and I will get our tickets. That's if they can find the right house this time!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebrow:

I'm waiting on 2 standing tickets for Manchester 15th.
I bought them off Last Minute.com.
They charged extra for registered delivery,I'm in Ireland.
The person I was due to go to the concert with had to pull out so I'm in a tricky scenario.
I have a friend living in Manchester who could sell them for me at face value but I need to get the tickets first.
Last Minute havent answered my emails and Monday is a Bank Holiday in Ireland so come Tuesday I may still have no tickets.
This is a f***ing farce.

Fano said:
I'm waiting on 2 standing tickets for Manchester 15th.
I bought them off Last Minute.com.
They charged extra for registered delivery,I'm in Ireland.
The person I was due to go to the concert with had to pull out so I'm in a tricky scenario.
I have a friend living in Manchester who could sell them for me at face value but I need to get the tickets first.
Last Minute havent answered my emails and Monday is a Bank Holiday in Ireland so come Tuesday I may still have no tickets.
This is a f***ing farce.

You had better hope they don't pull the same crap that Ticketmaster & See Tickets pulled, where they arbitrarily decided that anyone outside England had to pick tickets up at the box office. I stand to lose a few hundred dollars on my Cardiff tickets, since Ticketmaster refused to send them to me, even in London.

See Tickets left me with an extra Manchester ticket, which I may end up eating as well, since I can't get that until the day of the show either. They really treat their overseas customers well at those England ticket companies.

im in england awaiting Manchester tickets and they need trading around first. 11 days, still no tickets!? WHY TM? do it sodding tomorrow will you,you had months and months to do this.

At Last

At last. I got my tickets today from seetickets.com. After their initial mistake of trying to deliver them to the wrong address we rearranged the delivery for today and they arrived this afternoon. Thank goodness for that, I can now stop worrying and enjoy the 10 day wait until I see U2 again!!!!!:applaud: :drunk: :flirt: :cute: :love:

At last

My tickets have finally arrived, this afternoon, from seetickets.com (In my excitement to post, I started a new thread instead of replying to this one:rolleyes: )
Hope everyone else is now receiving their tickets too.:wink:
:ohmy: Looks like someone very clever has moved my message to the correct thread for me, thanks.:wink:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Cardiff

Aardvark747 said:

Hello and welcome!

...but no...I dont have mine yet:sad:

I spoke to the CIA box-office today (through whom I'd booked) - they said the tickets were being delivered from the promoters mid-week.

Re: Re: Re: Cardiff

play it cool said:

I spoke to the CIA box-office today (through whom I'd booked) - they said the tickets were being delivered from the promoters mid-week.

Let's hope not too much more of a wait then.

If mine arent here by the end of this week - i'll ring them....

I'm sure their policy (TM) is within 7 days isn't it. Well, they've got about 14 hours to get me my tickets then.

Back
Top Bottom