MERGED --> UK tickets - arriving at last! + My London ticket just arrived + Glasgow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep reading about people having a gate printed on their tickets. Do they really enforce that over on that side of the pond? Most of the stuff here you can go in whatever gate you want, but have been told to enter the correct gate from time to time. Anyone got any info on this?

OffAxis,

I was wondering that too. I have Gate B tickets for Manchester (14th).

I guess there may be a u2.com subcribers queue, like your side of the pond? Dunno. Anyone know?

How long do we give it for tix to turn up before calling TM to see what's happened? Nothing for Glasgow here today :-(

ascender - Looks like they'll only entertain your call about no show tix under these circumstances (from TM website):

"If you do not receive your tickets by 3 business days prior to an event, phone the Customer Service Department immediately or send an email through the Help link. Be prepared with the confirmation number for your account, or the purchasing Credit Card. The agent will determine the nature of the problem, and if your tickets are replaceable, instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets. This is done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Duplicate" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets. Duplicate tickets can only be picked up by the Credit Card holder with the original credit card used in the purchase."

That crashing noise you can hear is my proverbial bottle dropping, as my nerves finally give out waiting for my Glasgow GA's to turn up :huh:

I rang TM tonight as we only have Manchester 1 and 2 both Gate B, but nothing for Twickenham Glasgow or Cardiff, Got through after 40 minutes to eb told that the Twickenham and Glasgow tickets were printed to day and have gone out special delivery but Cardiff havent been printed yet for us!:huh:

Very Weird!!!!!!!!!!

mackemlad said:
21 days to manchester
28 to Glasgow

As of yesterday still no tickets!

Where the F*@-* are they?

Just in case I get them does anyone know what parking i slike around these two venues?

Any travel advice apreciated!

Im coming from south For Glasgow
North for Manchester

same here mate travelling to both gigs as well from just near you (banks of the tyne but red and white I may add!!) Manchester 14th (Seetickets.com) and Glasgow 21st (Presale tickets) and as of yesterdays post no sign.

Hopefully presale ones might turn up in todays post like

Lo-Fi said:
I know Glasgow is pretty decent for parking, don't know about Manchester as I've never been to the stadium before, I would think with it being a football stadium the parking would be pretty good.

I would phone about your tickets, did you get them through ticketmaster or seetickets? it seems to be just ticketmaster that are releasing tickets this now.

Went to Manchester last year for the RHCP gig and there were no problems at all with parking altho I did get there pretty early.

Came into the east side of Manchester and as soon as got near the ground there were plenty of signs for car parks (charging a fiver mind). Once you get right near the stadium there isnt as much parking as its surrounded by facilities like the Cycling Dome etc.

Not a problem overall tho

the edges plec said:
:ohmy: The postmans coming up the drive he's putting something in the letterbox:eek: its................................ a f*****g gas bill:banghead:

Good 'post' - keep the faith. Tickets will arrive I am sure!

How earyl???

WASTID said:

Went to Manchester last year for the RHCP gig and there were no problems at all with parking altho I did get there pretty early.

Came into the east side of Manchester and as soon as got near the ground there were plenty of signs for car parks (charging a fiver mind). Once you get right near the stadium there isnt as much parking as its surrounded by facilities like the Cycling Dome etc.

Not a problem overall tho

How early did you get there??? I work in a school so cannot finish until 3.30, need to dash home to get changed then catch train to Manchester, should only take me 30-45 mins to get there though! What time are U2 supposed to be coming on? Anyone know?:ohmy:

really bad news:

International bookings for U2 Twickenham

* All booking made by international customers who have not received their tickets will now be left for collection at the venue on the day of the event from 14:00 at the box office at gate A.

There will be no letters of authorisation for this event, so the card holder will need to collect the tickets.

Please note: This only applies to the Twickenham date.

the same thing will apply in a couple of days for UK Customers...

WHAT a ripoff by TM!!!! they charge a fuckin load for shipment and then you have to go get your tickets???!!?!!

:mad:

Re: How earyl???

adele said:

How early did you get there??? I work in a school so cannot finish until 3.30, need to dash home to get changed then catch train to Manchester, should only take me 30-45 mins to get there though! What time are U2 supposed to be coming on? Anyone know?:ohmy:
i would say around about 8:30 -9:00pm heard rumours of a second support being added

mirrorballman said:
really bad news:

the same thing will apply in a couple of days for UK Customers...

WHAT a ripoff by TM!!!! they charge a fuckin load for shipment and then you have to go get your tickets???!!?!!

:mad:

That statement only applies to transactions made outwith the UK for concerts Mirorballman. We have up to 3 days before the concert before that rule is applied to UK purchased tix.

afc1903 got his Hampden tix today according to an earlier post, so I think this is a little premature.

Where did this quote come from?

Those links aren't working mirrorballman.

Here is the section of of the TM site where my info was coming from. If the tix don't show up, then 3 days before the concert is when TM will arrage for a pick up at the box office.

http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ticketmaster.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Click on link 11 (FAQ's about buying tickets) and go to the 'Customer Service' sub-heading.

Q: What if I don't receive my tickets?

A: If you do not receive your tickets by 3 business days prior to an event, phone the Customer Service Department immediately or send an email through the Help link. Be prepared with the confirmation number for your account, or the purchasing Credit Card. The agent will determine the nature of the problem, and if your tickets are replaceable, instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets. This is done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Duplicate" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets. Duplicate tickets can only be picked up by the Credit Card holder with the original credit card used in the purchase.

Apart from all that that, the notice that you yourself posted has an addendum at the bottom saying "Please note: This only applies to the Twickenham date" It doesn't say anything about the UK as a whole.

In fact, I suspect that this is more to do with TM not wanting to post internationally, when the date of the concert is so close. But if you are seeing something different, then post it here so we can check it out please.

@stevec: sorry for not making it clear that i was referring to Twickers Tix only! That was misleading...

Don't know why the links arent working now, if you go on "help" and type in "U2", you see 2 "New" posts about the shipments...

but again, thats ONLY bout the Twickenham concerts. Kinda assumed thats what most people were waitin for here :|

Just phoned TM and after a 15 minute wait they have confirmed that they are still to be sent out. But at least the order's not been cancelled :)

Back
Top Bottom