MERGED-->UK Tickets and Onsale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chrissybaby said:

mmm... might have to dont wanna lose my GA...
what if second shows are added are we in the same boat...? no u2 for 4 years then we are allowed only 1 show....lol

It's actually a way to stop scalpers/brokers from buying large #'s of tickets.

MrBrau1 said:

same old story though isnt it? majority are punished due to the selfish acts of minority. ah well i guess theres bigger injustices in the world. at least i have my interpol tickets for dublin!!!!! and i saw them in december, call the cops.

Vertigo Fly said:

Oh shit where did you get that from?? I cant find it anywhere on the site. I knew there was a limit of tickets per show on general show but didnt know there was a limit to the amount of concerts! Thats ridiculous.

Search for U2 on ticketmaster.co.uk, pick a venue and read "more info"

You're all talking nonsense...

...they can't even sell the tickets properly - do you think they can actually trace that you bought two tickets here and another two there?

U2 and Ticketmaster are money-making machines and want to make a profit. Do you really think they will spend time and money on something which will cost them? Do you really believe they have the ability to do that properly anyway.

Go ahead - buy the tickets for all the shows you want - they aren't going to do anything - it's just scare tactics.

MrBrau1 said:

Which is great.

If there wasn't evidence of a massive scalping con all over Ebay.

Tough one!

I suspect additional shows will be added of course, as that is pretty much the norm. Went to Manchester for Elevation '01 as no Glasgow gigs were announced, only to have 2 added at the last minute. It's all part of the touring game isn't it, no matter who you go and see?

Glasgow may get another show for Vertigo as typically there is a large Scottish fanbase for a small (ish) population, although it could very well be Edinburgh who haven't had a U2 show since popmart in '97. I'm not greedy, the east coasters can have the 2nd one of they want it LOL

I have to assume that Manchester is a cert to get one more night added!* I saw so many people at the MEN Arena in 2001 one, literally begging anyone for extra tix they may have. Eeew Arenas are a bitch, there's always going to be lots of disappointed peeps.

* Absolutely no guarantee - I really don't know - For God's sake don't sue me if they don't add one :wink:

MartinWelen said:
Doesnt matter how many shows they put on. We are only allowed to order tickets via Ticketmaster to ONE venue. This includes presale and general sale.

According to Ticketmaster:
Performance Information: Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only book for one venue. Therefore you will be unable to book for more than one venue and unable to book more than 4 tickets at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled without notification

I have bought 3 sets of 4 tickets by ticketmaster before all for the same venue. :shrug:

chrissybaby said:

same old story though isnt it? majority are punished due to the selfish acts of minority. ah well i guess theres bigger injustices in the world. at least i have my interpol tickets for dublin!!!!! and i saw them in december, call the cops.

Everyone hates scalpers/brokers. Everyone hates U2's attempt to thwart sales to scalpers/brokers.

Roach Daddy said:
You're all talking nonsense...

...they can't even sell the tickets properly - do you think they can actually trace that you bought two tickets here and another two there?

U2 and Ticketmaster are money-making machines and want to make a profit. Do you really think they will spend time and money on something which will cost them? Do you really believe they have the ability to do that properly anyway.

Go ahead - buy the tickets for all the shows you want - they aren't going to do anything - it's just scare tactics.

although common sense tells me to agree with you, and i do. i still cant risk my GAs..... a lot of this is bullshit anyway, it will all be forgotten come June. Same thing happened last year with Glastonbury, just became anecdotal conversation at the festival. "so what was your ticket hell" etc etc.....

Not on this tour you wont be!!

BUT I have been told tonight the presale is seperate so now I am confused!!

Smidge said:

Which is great.

If there wasn't evidence of a massive scalping con all over Ebay.

Brokers getting tickets from promoters is differrent that brokers buying tickets. That's what you're seeing on Ebay. Some actually say "waiting to get tickets from promoter."

MrBrau1 said:

Everyone hates scalpers/brokers. Everyone hates U2's attempt to thwart sales to scalpers/brokers.

i guess its true in a way. before scalpers became a big deal to ticket outlets i swear getting tickets was easier, Glastonbury last year was a good example of this, all the security measures made it a lot harder, when in actual fact the scalpers are a drop in the ocean. Its just that coz of ebay its more in your face. Even if there are 3 pages of tickets, what is that in 80,000???

I guess the only real way of beating scalpers is to completly satiate demand. this happened on the 3rd leg of elevation to a certain extent.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
I think the promoters are the problem. Laws need to be changed. Billy Joel actually stopped touring because of this.

Spot on - they are the ones who funnel tix out to God knows who!!!! :mad:

I got my grubby paws on 4 GA's for Hampden Chrissy!!!!!!! I won't stop sweating 'til they're actually delivered tho' :eeklaugh:

You got yours right???

stevec said:
I got my grubby paws on 4 GA's for Hampden Chrissy!!!!!!! I won't stop sweating 'til they're actually delivered tho' :eeklaugh:

You got yours right???

i got 3 GAs for Manchester, but like you want them in my hand!!! i had email confirmation straight away and then got a "u2mailout" a day later to confirm. Dont trust em anymore, but to be honest im pretty happy to have got what i did at the moment. were you planning on more shows?

chrissybaby said:

Really? He actually stated scalpers as the reason?

Scalpers, promoters, brokers. He hated the fact that no matter what he did, his real fans got the shaft. It's in that article by the NY AG.

I'd love to, but cash (or lack thereof) is the real problem for me this year. Still, I've bagged one concert and considering how unlucky others have been, I'm made up about it!

I would really have liked to go back down to Manchester again like Elevation in '01, but the money won't stretch a few extra hundred miles.

Bono's Tart said:
Not on this tour you wont be!!

BUT I have been told tonight the presale is seperate so now I am confused!!

I've been told by Ticketmaster that it is NOT separate.

MrBrau1 said:

Brokers getting tickets from promoters is differrent that brokers buying tickets. That's what you're seeing on Ebay. Some actually say "waiting to get tickets from promoter."

There is still a difference between fans losing out through a measure that's apparently trying to stop touts, and those touts still finding many other ways to get their hands on 100s of tickets.

Smidge said:

There is still a difference between fans losing out through a measure that's apparently trying to stop touts, and those touts still finding many other ways to get their hands on 100s of tickets.

Yes. It's a viscious circle. Laws need to change.

anymore UK dates?

I might try for some twickenham tickets tomorrow - will there be anymore UK dates released - if so when doyou think (and where)

the demand tomorrow will probably be HUGE and no doubt the site will crash again...i might hodl out for another show if possible..

English fans ordering from GetLive ... WTF!!!

Just tried to order tix from GetLive.co.uk at exactly, 9.03 am, and they said coming soon!

WHAT??? I booked the morning off work for this ... my boss gonna be maaaaad. I geuss they're on ticketmaster at 10, but everywhere, including getLive said 9!

U2 have fucked this tour up royally.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom