MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Look, if it is Edge's daughter, why can't he go home and Dallas or a session guitarist take his place?

I'd rather see U2 with someone replacing Edge than not see them at all.
Fuck man, if that’s not a fucking horrible joke than that’s the coldest and most absurd thing I have ever read in this place. Do you honestly think the other members would go on with the tour while this is happening? No matter how much money you will lose that will never be more important than someone’s health and feelings. Plus U2 is not U2 without one of its members. You are fucking heartless.

I send my thoughts and prayers to all of them.

Tania said:
Now there's a bonus. We might have someone different as the support act :lol:

Ah now there is the lemonade! :wink:

Seriously though I'm only just over the shock at the news. :( I am surprised that they may announce new dates so soon. I wouldn't like for them to tie themselves to dates they may not be able to keep.

Well, I had already booked the day off work for the Adelaide show. Reptile and I have decided that getting trashed in the pub sounds like a fair alternative. :lol:

i cant believe some of the selfishness of certain people in this thread.

i can understand that you would be a bit annoyed if you have made plans and spent money....but someones health....and maybe even life....is at stake here...........have a bit of love and compassion

if it were your son/daughter/bro/sis/parent or whatever was seriously ill at the time of your planned holidaqy/gig.........im pretty darn sure you would stay and support whoever it was that was ill

i hope people can get their plans sorted when the tour continues....i know how much it means to people to see these guys.........but just remember what is more important....a bit of money or a life?

my thoughts are with the band an whoever it is thats ill :sad:

As for the comments about people's reactions towards the original postponing of the tour back in 2005... They were also out of line, if not more so. Remember the ridiculous "let's boycott U2!" thread? Juvenile.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet, but just the first page was enough that I had to post this message. I see some people have already said what I am about to say, but here is my two cents worth. Family is the most important thing a person has. If this crisis is serious enough that U2 has decided to postpone the tour, I fully understand. Yet there seems many who are more concerned about their plans getting messed up than the fact that a family is in crisis. I would not have blamed the band if they had cancelled or postponed the tour prior to this. If you believe the rumors, Edge's daughter has been quite ill lately. I have been through a serious illness with one of my children and I can tell you it is the worst thing in the world to cope with. It is highly commendable that he has managed to slog through this tour with this hanging over his head. Money be damned, I wouldn't have been able to do it. I have tix for Hawaii, but my only thought at present is the welfare of Edge's daughter. Anyone whom posted anything even remotely selfish on this thread should be ashamed. All of our focus and prayers should be with the Edge and his daughter. I expected much better out of true U2 fans than some of the comments on this thread.

yeah guys let's keep this clear. a person who all of us care a lot about and invest a lot of our time and belief and cash in is having a huge crisis. they need support, good thoughts and most certainly prayers.

this isn't about us. this is a group of guys who entertain us, and give us great songs and outlooks on the future.... right now one of them is going through a very tough and possibly painful time with someone he deeply cares about. let's keep that the focus. sure the tour is awesome and we'd love to hear some new music and see the boys out loving life, but right now it's more important that they take care of what's really important. let's us as a group do what it is we can do, and pray and be as supportive as we possibly can.

Pretty whack. Such is life, though. It's a real bitch.

Insert every single smilie/emoticon-dealie...here.

scottyT said:
yeah guys let's keep this clear. a person who all of us care a lot about and invest a lot of our time and belief and cash in is having a huge crisis. they need support, good thoughts and most certainly prayers.

this isn't about us. this is a group of guys who entertain us, and give us great songs and outlooks on the future.... right now one of them is going through a very tough and possibly painful time with someone he deeply cares about. let's keep that the focus. sure the tour is awesome and we'd love to hear some new music and see the boys out loving life, but right now it's more important that they take care of what's really important. let's us as a group do what it is we can do, and pray and be as supportive as we possibly can.

Well said. The negative stuff will fade away once people realize the gravity of the family situation instead of focusing in on their own "personal" loss in not seeing a U2 show.

blueeyedgirl said:

Ah now there is the lemonade! :wink: {QUOTE]

:giggle:

That's a happy thought....

Seriously though, I can't believe some comments. There is absolutely no way I'd do a few concerts if my daughter/father/whoever was very (extremely?) sick!

We'll get a kick arse show when they do arrive, but for now there are more important things.

Maybe we can step back a moment and say a prayer for the U2 family and hope for the best...concerts can be made up, a little girl's life can't...Best wishes for whoever it may be....: Praying Hands :

Prayer to U2 & family. Hope they get better soon..
Decided I'll keep the babysitter booked and go on a dirty weekend with my hubby instead. Don't get the chance these days so we'll make the most of it...
Everyone should try to think of the positives - hopefully no Kayne West .. Yippee

Miroslava said:
I am not even going to bother reading most of these posts because I know that a good bunch of them are going to be people feeling sorry for themselves.

With 30 days to go for this to be done and over with and still a week left on their break one must assume that this is of the utmost importance if this decision was made. Yes a lot of us have made travel plans to go to far away places, but guess what? We're just gonna have to deal with it as best as we can.

I fully agree with this. u2 has been so commited to its fans over the years and I understand that a lot of people have spent money on travel plans to see u2 but I feel if any band has ever earned the benefit of the doubt it's u2.

An Immediate family member is ill. Its a difficult situation to deal with in any position. Anyone that has gone through something of this magnitude knows how difficult it is. I think u2 knows that fans travel long distances to see them and If you think about it they have no reason to do this on any level other than they had no choice.

I think we should offer our thoughts and prayers.

I can understand people being upset at losing money and not being able to see the shows.
But if you really love this band, then you would care more about Edge's daughter and pray for her well-being and speedy recovery than losing money or the chance to see them live.

I'm still stunned about this. Not because they postponed the dates, but because of Edge's daughter. She's a little girl, fighting for her life.

I love this band so much, and anything tragic that happens to them would devastate me.

:sad:

:edge:

:hug:

Mr. BAW said:
Maybe we can step back a moment and say a prayer for the U2 family and hope for the best...concerts can be made up, a little girl's life can't...Best wishes for whoever it may be....: Praying Hands :

:up:

Blimey a lot of over reaction to the fact they have to cancel. The tour ain't that good anyway believe me I've seen it. I think a bit more compassion needed to the family members of the group is needed by some members on this forum cos when all said and done its just a concert, I think the guys have more important things on their mind at the moment.

No one has mentioned that a U2 concert went on as planned the day Bono's father died. These guys don't give in easily - it must be something really serious to cancel a bunch of concerts now. My prayers are with them and whoever it is that is ill; may God be merciful to them and heal them.
I agree with what many of you have said or inferred: if it is Edge's daughter, surely he'd rather be out a bunch of money than what he's facing now. I'm so sorry that many of you are disappointed with missing a concert you've anticipated and spent your money and time off on; it's a real loss. But I'm sorrier for the group that has given us so much for so long. They've been so generous to us with their talent and their lives. Consider it an act of love to them to bear patiently and forgivingly with this. U2 fans are the best! And the four lads from Dublin will make it up to you, like they always have.
(((ABLE)))

Rini
first timer here

If you're out of pocket for cancelled shows, I sympathize with you. I understand that all ticketholders aren't going to be able to get a refund for their tickets and/or airfare. But I must say, you really need to look at the big picture here. This band and their management aren't going to cancel millions of dollars of profit for some trivial reason. You certainly have a right to be disappointed and I sure as hell would be, too. However, if a member of your family was seriously ill, would you travel to Australia or Hawaii to see a concert? I sure wouldn't.

I just hope that whatever the problem is that it won't have long-term or permanent consequences for the band. We all know they won't play a single show unless it's Larry, Adam, Edge, & Bono...and I certainly wouldn't want it any other way.

Windmilllane said:
you would care more about Edge's daughter and pray for her well-being and speedy recovery than losing money or the chance to see them live.

I'm still stunned about this. Not because they postponed the dates, but because of Edge's daughter. She's a little girl, fighting for her life.

I love this band so much, and anything tragic that happens to them would devastate me.

:sad:

:edge:

:hug:

:up: Well said. My thoughts exactly.

The timing is very curious, it must be someone sick rather than an elderly family member on a deathbed.

Bono confirmed to go to an George Clooney Oscar party(One campaign related?) on Saturday and then was was a no-show without phoning ahead. Uncharicteristic behaviour.

There are pros and cons to those holding tickets to the postponed shows. Pros being possible surprises, alternate songs/show, easier to get tickets for people that cancel and maybe even a possiblity of adding a show.

As for the laughable assertion of replacing Edge onstage. Who on earth would sing backup vocals or be Dallas's guitar tech?

u2fp

dmt0002 said:
Prayer to U2 & family. Hope they get better soon..
Decided I'll keep the babysitter booked and go on a dirty weekend with my hubby instead. Don't get the chance these days so we'll make the most of it...
Everyone should try to think of the positives - hopefully no Kayne West .. Yippee

:up: :up:

THAT'S the spirit!

(except I hope by some chance we still get Kanye)

lcfcok said:
Welcome to cold war russia commrades
:eyebrow:

to reiterate what sicy and i have previously said: axver cannot read this forum anymore nor can he reply to this thread. please stop replying to his posts. we all should just focus our thoughts on hoping for the best in this horrible situation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom