MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Look, if it is Edge's daughter, why can't he go home and Dallas or a session guitarist take his place?

I'd rather see U2 with someone replacing Edge than not see them at all.

Uh, because maybe Bono, Adam and Larry might want to be there as well???

Axver said:

Look, if it is Edge's daughter, why can't he go home and Dallas or a session guitarist take his place?

Perhaps because without Edge, there is no U2? :mad:
I think most people would rather not see U2 RIGHT NOW than see U2 without the Edge.

And secondly, do you ever stop to think that maybe the other member's of the band have feelings invested in whoever's sick? And Larry would rather not be beating a drum while waiting for news on the sick family member?

It's not like Bono is going to go sailing while this is happening, I'm sure they will all remain in Dublin as anxious as they were last year.

Axver said:

Wait a minute, did you really say "replacing Edge"... without Edge there is no U2, without Bono there is no U2, without Adam...and of course without Larry...

Its a 4 legged stool. This is not INXS or Van Halen where you can replace a member....

in my humble opinion

Jam Jar said:

might I ask where from?

Someone on the U2 New Zooland website said something about, but they didn't quote a source or anything. Just what I heard.

This is very upsetting news to everyone and I can certainly understand everyone's frustration that bought tickets to these shows but lets not turn this into a big argument against each other. U2 would not cancel their tour unless it was for a very serious reason. :(

Prayers to whomever is ill.

Axver said:
I don't fucking believe it.

There goes money down the fucking sewer, money I barely fucking had anyway, I could've put that to so much fucking better use.

Well, even if U2 do reschedule this, I won't be able to see them in New Zealand, I won't be able to see them anywhere but Brisbane. What a total fucking fiasco.

Sorry mate. Bit I aint gonna pity anybody that can see the band play in immediate proximity of their home town and then spend thousands of dollars to see them elsewhere also. It's a risk you accepted the minute you handed yer hard earned over.

If a home city show aint enough to see and you aint a millionaire, then you've got other problems.

Axver said:

THAT is the most absurd thing I have ever heard! I would much rather they do exactly what they are doing which is pulling together to help support one another to get through this.

This makes me sit back and really take note of the selfish pittiful folks who think nothing more than about their own losses! For cripes sake it was just concert tickets, maybe air fare that CAN be re scheduled or refund/credit re-used, accomodations which can refund deposits and credit or refund for a later time. Seriously, get a grip! This is pathetic reading some of the crap on here.

Like some before me have said.....make phone calls and talk calmly to airlines, hotels, etc. about cancelling or re-scheduling or refunds. I am sure they will be more than understanding.

My best advice is to sit calmly and wait this out. Along with prayers that whatever has caused this massive huge decision (come on....we ALL know this was very painful for the band to have decided) is made better.

Much sympathy to the family. I didn't realise Sian was only 8. I thought she was older. Not that it matters. I can easily say the postponement means little to me beyond being the los of a concert, but I do feel for all you others who have to sort out major holiday plans. Being annoyed at the ensuing shitfight you will have with the airlines, your workplaces, and accomodation that doesn't mean you all dont care.

How awful for them all. Let's all pray or hope (whichever works) she is ok, and hope that everyone gets their stuff sorted trouble free, huh.

Axver, who're you flying with? Even if you dont have domestic insurance, you have extenuating circumstances which are beyond your control. Stay calm and fight them for it, mate.
:hug:

:sigh:

Axver said:

LOL

Well, you must be about the only one. Maybe they will do a private show for just you.

Nothing in this life is a sure bet, so why not chill a bit and enjoy the time you have on this rock.

You are pissed about losing a great night out and this man has a daughter who may not live. Sheesh, sucks to be you.

Last edited:
Axver said:

I wouldn't. :| I'd rather see them postpone the show, and then see them all together. Which is what they're doing. :)

And come on! Half the people here can't even afford to buy tickets to more than one show, and here you are, bitching that you'll have to settle for one like the rest of us commoners.

I can't get refunds for my air tickets (cos they're frequent flyers) or my hotel room (cos I got a cheap deal). Yeah... I'm disappointed. Maybe a little pissed. But in the end, if I were in the same position as them, I would make the same decision.

I am not even going to bother reading most of these posts because I know that a good bunch of them are going to be people feeling sorry for themselves.

With 30 days to go for this to be done and over with and still a week left on their break one must assume that this is of the utmost importance if this decision was made. Yes a lot of us have made travel plans to go to far away places, but guess what? We're just gonna have to deal with it as best as we can.

Last edited:
Tania said:

I think we all want their family to be okay and well. That's a given but I guess what people, especially those from Perth are saying is that those going from here to the Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane concerts are having to travel over 4000km to see them and unfortunately, it is not a $Aus59.00 air fare. You're looking at more likely $1000.00 plus to see one concert. Most people will be travelling on cheap flights and there is no refund for cancellation.

I don't think people are actually being selfish, more very disappointed and in shock because it the first Aus concert was only a few weeks away.

A bit of compassion both ways would be nice.

Good post.

I find it interesting that so many here telling others to stop being selfish have already seen a concert (some several concerts) this tour.

No one wishes and family member of the band ill, but you have to admit it sure fucks up a lot of people's plans. And many of these people have been waiting nearly a decade for the band to get anywhere close to them.

With any luck the sick family member will recover, the band will be able to reschedule the rest of the dates, and everyone who's shelled out a load of money will be able to get refunds, etc., and then be able to go to the rescheduled shows.

Now Axver, you are just in shock. You wouldnt want to see U2 without Edge. It isnt U2 without Edge!

Thats like seeing The Stones without Keef, INXS without Michael...

I cant believe I spent all that money on airfairs and accom and its gone! I have sent myself broke because of this!!

I am shocked by this but it will be okay, its sad but a major family sickness is alot worse.

We almost made it!!

Axver said:

:shocked:

your suggestion and whole take on this leaves me speechless.

Last edited:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

So my problem now is to cancel my flight and hotel (bought the extra insurance) and hope the reschedule in the summer (teacher: hard to get time off) or just go and know that I can't afford to go again if they reschedule. What would you do?

bono_man said:
Now Axver, you are just in shock. You wouldnt want to see U2 without Edge. It isnt U2 without Edge!

Thats like seeing The Stones without Keef, INXS without Michael...

In an ideal world, I'd see Dream Theater with Kevin Moore, but I can't, so I'll take what I can get in the form of the excellent Jordan Rudess. (If they ever come here!)

In an ideal world, I'd see U2 with The Edge, but I'd rather take Bono, Adam, Larry, and Edge's Stand-in than no U2 at all.

Guys, it's not gone. Before you start crying a river call these airlines/hotels/venues and ask about it first.

I can understand you being upset about your schedules being rearranged but get a grip and take some responsability. As the band well knows, shit happens. These companies know that too.

Axver said:

I can't believe I'm reading this. :|

Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

What in the hell?

If it IS a pile of horseshit, then it's thanks in large part to you. Your attitude sucks the big one.

Just because you're temporarily screwed out of seeing them this month and can't possibly see what your options are otherwise, you're going to bitch and moan how unfair life is?

Ask Edge how unfair his life is with the possibility of his daughter dying (if that is, indeed, the case). I'm sure he'll like to introduce his guitar to you.

Just ignore him, I'm about to remove his access to this forum anyway.

Sicy said:

So leave. We dont need your constant insults here.

Funny, as I'm the one who's copping a lot of flak. Why don't you say something specific to each of those individuals rather than singling me out because you're running some campaign to get me banned?

One of my mates rang Quantas earlier to find out what she could do, the woman on the line said it'd be a $50 cancellation fee but the money paid for the tickets could be transferred to use in another flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom