MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
god!!!!!!!!! i cant believe it. i tell ya I have the worst luck ( i know its not only me here) first bali bombs means I cant go on holidays, then air paradise goes into liquidation so I cant get my refund on my trip to bali and lose thousands. My hubby accidently lost his wedding ring in port phillip bay while swimming, had 2 birds SHIT on me over the last 3 weeks AND NOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its not the end of the world, but I just wanna cry..........

Sorry for my selfish little rant there. just had to get it out!!!!!
Anyway hope whom ever is sick gets better soon enough
how terrible

Nooooooooo :(

I bought tix for the Sydney show as I was going to be there that weekend anyway, if the re-schedule I am going to have to make another trip up there :(

I feel for all of those that have spent money on flights and accomodation, noone is going to get refunds on that.

bono_man2002 said:

Was it some form of Cancer?

I believe it was leukemia early last year. It was the reason they postponed the tour the first time around. Edge would rather keep this private and sued a few magazines over publicizing it though.

Last edited:
i cant believe this... get well soon blah blah blah but this leaves alot of people out of pocket, i gave flights from perth! plus, i only get 2 weeks holiday a year, quite frankly im pissed

:shocked:

Well, I guess it's good to see the guys care more about family than making a few more bucks...

If it's Sian, I'm praying...

lcfcok said:
i cant believe this... get well soon blah blah blah but this leaves alot of people out of pocket, i gave flights from perth! plus, i only get 2 weeks holiday a year, quite frankly im pissed

Its not like they dont want to come here....

Aussie Edge said:
god!!!!!!!!! i cant believe it. i tell ya I have the worst luck ( i know its not only me here) first bali bombs means I cant go on holidays, then air paradise goes into liquidation so I cant get my refund on my trip to bali and lose thousands. My hubby accidently lost his wedding ring in port phillip bay while swimming, had 2 birds SHIT on me over the last 3 weeks AND NOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its not the end of the world, but I just wanna cry..........

Sorry for my selfish little rant there. just had to get it out!!!!!
Anyway hope whom ever is sick gets better soon enough
how terrible

Ah that sucks...when I was in Dublin for Croke 1 a pigeon shit on me while I was at Trinity...and we were staying far out so I had to wipe off & suffer with pigeon shit remnants all through Guinness Storehouse etc :(

Aussie Edge said:
still have your holiday

How could i enjoy it thinking of what could have beebn... and how can i a) get time off work and b) aford to come again from perth if/when they come back?

lcfcok said:

Holy shit, man, this could quite possibly be about a little girl who has cancer, and all you're concerned about is the dent in your plans?

im sure that they will eventually get down here.
Its soooo disappointing for us cause they hardly ever come down here.. but Family is no.1

lcfcok said:

You'd rather have some holiday and a plane flight than a happy, healthy child?

I sympathize with everyone who had to go out of their way (and pockets) for these shows, but seriously, would any of you really do any different?

GibsonGirl said:

Holy shit, man, this could quite possibly be about a little girl who has cancer, and all you're concerned about is the dent in your plans?

Thank you.

She's 8 for Christ's sake. Even if this isn't what caused the postponement, she was ill previously which did force them to reschedule.

Have a bit of respect. :(

lcfcok said:

How could i enjoy it thinking of what could have beebn... and how can i a) get time off work and b) aford to come again from perth if/when they come back?

If any band makes up for dissapointing fans, I think U2 are up there...prehaps with the tour totally resechduled, theres no reason why they couldnt add a Perth Date, and spend more time in Australia. We may get more dates?, Arena shows?, who knows.

Most of the Stadiums for the rest of the year are fairly booked up till September/October (Telstra Dome in Melbourne at least!)

lcfcok said:

Christ.

What a jerk! :mad:
Come on, man.
By this logic, if someone in your family got sick before the show and you couldn't make it, U2 should be pissed at YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom