MERGED-->U2 tour news from U2.com e-mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiLJennie

The Fly
U2 tour news from U2.com e-mail

Hello everyone, just to let you know that an e-mail was sent out to the U2.com members, with some news...don't know how much this means to you but I will quote part of it and you can decide.

"OK! We know you all want the facts on the 2005 TOUR. Well, suffice to say, it's getting pretty close. Manager Paul McGuinness has just told U2.Com that the final dates are now being buttoned down and that the tour announcement is imminent."

This is good right?

2005 maybe late 2005....

But being hopeful ill go with the atu2.com guess of it being by the end of March.

Let's just hope this means we have dates - and word on whether or not there's an illness in Edge's family - within seven days.

The tour is imminent, apparantly

It seems that there is an e-mail being circulated to U2.com members at the moment - not everyone has recieved it yet, but it's being circulated bit by bit:

Thanks for signing up to receive news on U2 and U2.Com - there's no shortage
of U2 news at the moment.

Read on!

First up, the band are all set to release two new singles. In Canada, the
US and South America, 'All Because of You' is the second single and at
U2.Com we've just posted the new video for the track, shot on the streets of
New York and directed by Phil Joanou.
Catch it here

Everywhere else in the known universe, 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your
Own' is set for release - U2.Com will host the world exclusive on the video
to members only in the next couple of weeks.

OK! We know you all want the facts on the 2005 TOUR. Well, suffice to say,
it's getting pretty close. Manager Paul McGuinness has just told U2.Com that
the final dates are now being buttoned down and that the tour announcement is
imminent.

Don't forget, if you have paid for a SUBSCRIPTION to U2.Com, you will receive
priority ticketing options on all venues, a few days ahead of the general sale.

If you are interested in becoming a Member of U2.Com, there is still time
to join.More information on U2.Com Membership here

Also just up on U2.Com is a revealing interview with Jacknife Lee, one of the
key production figures behind 'How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'. Find out what
it takes to work in the studio with U2 - and how the songs 'chemically react'
when they are left alone for a few days!

Ok, that's all for now, don't forget to download the new Vertigo screensaver - very cool!

Best wishes
The U2.Com Team

Re: The tour is imminent, apparantly

beau2ifulday said:
OK! We know you all want the facts on the 2005 TOUR. Well, suffice to say, it's getting pretty close. Manager Paul McGuinness has just told U2.Com that the final dates are now being buttoned down and that the tour announcement is imminent.

Yeah, I received this this morning. I was actually a bit surprised at the terminology. "Imminent" is a pretty strong word.

It would really shock me if all of the horrible rumours being spread lately were terribly exagerated. I mean talk about a story taking on a life of its own.

Then again maybe when they announce the tour it will turn out that the 1st date is sometime in June somewhere in Europe. Which I'll be happy with anyway because it will mean things weren't as bad as they've seemed since they're still wanting to go on tour at all.

Either way this email was good news.

As much trouble as I had getting the code and registering on U2.com, I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten this email yet either :eyebrow:

Monkey79 said:
As much trouble as I had getting the code and registering on U2.com, I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten this email yet either :eyebrow:

I didn't either...another member posted the e-mail in the forum. It irritates me that I haven't recieved it yet. There was another e-mail that several members were talking about that I didn't get that one either. By any chance do you have Fanfire's phone number?

Last edited:
I had to search my emails for this - it was in my spam - they have a different address for this email then the address that they had when you sign-up for U2.com - just a thought to help you find it.;)

I got my e-mail in my work address, nothing in my u2.com one, which leads me to believe that everyone signed up to the site received it (not just paying subscribers).

And the prices are listed as well:

Price | Seating Chart Email this Event to a Friend

US $49.50 - US $160.00
Ticket Limit
There is a STRICT 8 Ticket Limit per Household.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

U2@NYC said:
I got my e-mail in my work address, nothing in my u2.com one, which leads me to believe that everyone signed up to the site received it (not just paying subscribers).

You are right. If you read further down the email, it says:

"If you are interested in becoming a Member of U2.Com, there is still time
to join.More information on U2.Com Membership ..."

LuminousTimes said:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736365

Ticketmaster has one date listed...March 1st in Miami...Who says the tour was postponed??? Seems like it must have been just the announcement was postponed if this doesn't change.

:hyper: ahhhhhh!!!!! had this been up on ticketbastard's site all along, or is this a new listing? if it's new, this could be very exciting news indeed

Re: Re: The tour is imminent, apparantly

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, I received this this morning. I was actually a bit surprised at the terminology. "Imminent" is a pretty strong word.

It would really shock me if all of the horrible rumours being spread lately were terribly exagerated. I mean talk about a story taking on a life of its own.

Then again maybe when they announce the tour it will turn out that the 1st date is sometime in June somewhere in Europe. Which I'll be happy with anyway because it will mean things weren't as bad as they've seemed since they're still wanting to go on tour at all.

Either way this email was good news.

We all know how rumors get going. I was always suspicious from the beginning about the whole tour postponement situation. All the news seemed to be exagerated from person to person. either way, let's just hope that everything is alright with The Edge and his family, just in case.:heart:

apparently that ticketmaster info wasn't there last week. this is very exciting, tour dates coming around the corner!!!

Well, this SEEMS to be good news..I'll believe it when I see the complete list...

Funny, I got on here to announce that my local Britney Spears station, WFLY (Albany NY) was giving away u2 tickets. I heard an announcment twice today at work, once in the morning around 10 AM by a pre-recorded message--(just U2 tix, no date or location given) and once in the afternoon around 3 PM, this time by a live DJ, again, no date or location--"Win tickets to U2 in a secret location." I felt like calling him up and saying: "(*waves bullhorn* "ATTENTION LAMEBRAIN!! THE TOUR IS POSTPONED IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE AWAY TIX TO A SHOW THAT OFICIALLY DOES NOT EXIST!!!WE FANS HAVE BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH HELL ALREADY THIS WEEK!")

Since Albany was one of the postponed dates (rumor had it on March 28), I thought people would like to know.

Either this means that the March 28 date was real and it was never taken off the list, OR Albany will get a show but slightly later than March 28 (why would they give away tickets in Jan for a rescheduled November show?) OR the local fuzz is keeping all ptions open b/c they don;t know.

Thoughts? I haven't called them yet..maybe I will...

And if this is true...$130 ? Great news, it seems to be unchanged from last time. SHOCK!!!

PLEASE let this br true! Either the little one is on the mend, or it WAS just a rumor.

If it was, I really WILL rejoice.:wink: :wink:

Last edited:
i think this is all messed up!!All that contradictionary news/rumors,
plus, i don't like u2.com site very much, i think, news and rumors concerned, atu2.com is much much better!!
Well, they may convince me if i get the tickets promised before the general public..

tilen said:
i think this is all messed up!!All that contradictionary news/rumors,
plus, i don't like u2.com site very much, i think, news and rumors concerned, atu2.com is much much better!!
Well, they may convince me if i get the tickets promised before the general public..

You can dislike U2.com all you want, but they are the official site and what they say is true and factual.

LiLJennie said:

I didn't either...another member posted the e-mail in the forum. It irritates me that I haven't recieved it yet. There was another e-mail that several members were talking about that I didn't get that one either. By any chance do you have Fanfire's phone number?

I just called today because I haven't recieved any info through email or snail mail. Their phone number is 1 800-767-7160 or 1-916-939-1000. I called the 1-800 number and they told me I should recieve some email in the next few days. I gave them a bad email address so that might be why I haevn't gotten emails, but then the rep said that I should've gotten emails at the U2.com email which I havent so who knows. I hope that means I'll get my propaganda code, 25% off for first Fanfire order, the membership card- all things I haven't recieved yet. Check this thread out cus there's more talk about Fanfire issues there... http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106475&perpage=15&pagenumber=20

Back
Top Bottom