MERGED--> U2 playing the Jazzfest next year? + Jazzfest lineup announcement next week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another tidbit I read over at the JazzFest message boards. It was posted by someone who apparently works at Atlantic Records. This is a regular poster on those boards, and appears somewhat reliable.

He says that Edge has been living in New Orleans for some time now, and helping with things there as part of his Music Rising campaign. He said that U2 are a definite for Weekend #1, and that Weekend #2 has Stones, Buffett, Dylan & Neil Young.

Take it for what it's worth. He is quoting "inside" information, as opposed to just rumor or conjecture. We should know this week, or any day now.

Last edited:
Just read something posted by a member of the JazzFest board that says the announcement won't be until Wednesday. Contradicts what WWOZ told me this morning, so we may have to wait another day for official word.

SoCalMusicLover said:
Another tidbit I read over at the JazzFest message boards. It was posted by someone who apparently works at Atlantic Records. This is a regular poster on those boards, and appears somewhat reliable.

He says that Edge has been living in New Orleans for some time now, and helping with things there as part of his Music Rising campaign. He said that U2 are a definite for Weekend #1, and that Weekend #2 has Stones, Buffett, Dylan & Neil Young.

Take it for what it's worth. He is quoting "inside" information, as opposed to just rumor or conjecture. We should know this week, or any day now.

This is awesome news, and so positive for the revival of and the future of New Orleans! I do hope that this year's Jazzfest will raise so much money and awareness to help bring the music back and the tourism, etc. It is such a wealthy area for music especially jazz.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

you got the inside track to the band? Nothing has been announced yet so let's not state stuff unless it is official.:huh:

I certainly hope you're right... but something about 'Edge has been living in New Orleans for some time now'... just seems to be on the urban myth side of things... I mean, have there been any New Orleans news reports of Edge living in New Orleans? This would be great PR if it were true and I think I would have heard about it before now. I know he's been there to film his PSA's, etc., but LIVING there? Let's see proof! I'm in the 'I'll believe it when I see it.' camp until proven otherwise.

The one thing I WILL say is that it would be highly uncool for Edge to NOT be at Jazzfest after his input thus far into the Music Rising campaign. I would be disappointed for him not to be there, at least.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Edge will be there. The "U2" rumor may refer to "Edge of U2's appearance", but I'd love to see only Edge. Of course if it is Edge and Bono....or Edge and Larry or any other combination I'd love to see that. But all 4 of the guys would be gnarly good! I wonder about the Rolling Stones. I also don't believe the indication that Edge has been "living" in New Orleans. When would he have the time what with the tour and jet setting to awards shows, rehearsal, etc? I can see him perhaps spending some time during the Music Rising business and PSA filming, etc. but that's about it. Guess we'll find out soon enough tho, eh? :wink:

Yep, I am also not buying that Edge is 'living' in New Orleans theory/rumor either. It's a nice thought but certainly not realistic considering his busy schedule. I agree with Karen I think that its pretty much a sure thing that Edge will be there. It just makes so much sense. With all he doing for Music Rising. It would be awesome to have all the boys there but not so sure that would pan out. I also think that it more likely that Edge and Bono maybe or Edge and Adam or Larry.
I guess we will know for sure in the next day or so.

Edge has been living primarily in Malibu during tour breaks, not in New Orleans. I believe his children have been enrolled in school in Malibu or Santa Monica since early 2005.

Especially if you do a road trip with shared expenses like I'm considering with some friends! It's a 26 hour drive each way from So. Cal tho, ugh! How far is it for you?

Back
Top Bottom