MERGED ---> U2 on Shelter From the Storm Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
I see Randy Newman!

Point taken Axver. But millions don't recognize U2's catalog if they are casual listeners. I'm just happy to see them. Period

Is recognition important to enjoying and being emotionally affected, though? I bet if I watched this show, U2's song would be the only one I'd know, but if the other songs are good, they'd affect me just as much - maybe even more - than they would've if I knew them. Being struck by an emotionally intense song out of the blue can be more powerful than a song you've heard on the radio repeatedly already.

I wonder if most of this will be from Toronto.. Morgan Freeman has a big premiere at the TIFF, and I bet a lot of these A-listers are in town for the week.

I'm not a Mary J BLige fan or a fan of that type of singing, but I liked it especially towards the end, she kept getting higher, really great on the "did I ask to much?" verse.

Ehh you know, I've heard the song a million times, it doesn't hurt to hear it differently for a change.

As I said on the other thread, really poor song selection.

They should've added 'Tree Hill' to the end of the song title.

I don't know.... I guess we were not expecting for her to sing "it" and the feel of it kinda threw it off IMO. But like axver said, a better song selection would have been better...

Someone tell me who this is on piano now? :reject:

It wouldn't be asking much to have them put the artist and song title on the screen!

Axver said:

Is recognition important to enjoying and being emotionally affected, though? I bet if I watched this show, U2's song would be the only one I'd know, but if the other songs are good, they'd affect me just as much - maybe even more - than they would've if I knew them. Being struck by an emotionally intense song out of the blue can be more powerful than a song you've heard on the radio repeatedly already.

Bullocks Axver, if you had been affected with some disaster lately
ONE would mean as much to you as any other song - as it does to the Gulf Coast of the
US...

Neil Young is awesome!! and playing now..

enajh2 said:
Someone tell me who this is on piano now? :reject:

It wouldn't be asking much to have them put the artist and song title on the screen!

enajh2, will you be uploading some video later? You often do, and it's great :up:

what would have been better? i would have loved to hear City of Blinding Lights, but i don't know if that would have been more fitting. Crumbs, maybe? SYCMIOYO would have been the best, i think.

I can't believe we are comparing and critiquing telethon charity performances.
Sometimes I feel sick when I log on here.

They only played ONE....to what looked like an empty ACC on the vertigo stage....

Seems other feeds are from bands in onther places.....just saw Foo Fighters....and Neil Young.....

I thought U2 and Mary rocked....very heartfelt.

Back
Top Bottom