MERGED ---> U2 on Shelter From the Storm Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:

Will they be showing online live at 8:00pm as well? :scratch:

And I understand U2man, Chizip and Axver's comments. I know everyone thinks there's a better song they could play, but how many zillions of people watching know the band and their music like you guys and many others here do. Shouldn't we just be happy they are are taking part in the concert? It's a song that millions probably can relate to, and maybe even take comfort in. Can we leave it at that? Oops, I guess not. This is a U2 forum after all :reject:

I'm sure plenty of people are familiar with Walk On (recent hit album) or Stay (Best Of).

As far as I'm concerned, One Tree Hill would have made an amazingly beautiful tribute. "And when it's raining, raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart." :sad:

I see Randy Newman!

Point taken Axver. But millions don't recognize U2's catalog if they are casual listeners. I'm just happy to see them. Period

U2 on Shelter From the Storm Concert..

Woo Hoo.

One!

w/ Mary J Blige...

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

Go ahead. I apologize if I made anyone look like a cynical idiot. I commented on it because it upset me. But lots of things upset me this week.

Well no hard feelings here, Kelly. :shrug: What has happened in New Orleans is terrible and in a way I understand your reaction to my, Axver's and Chizip's complaining about a song, but Axver made a good point when he mentioned the thing about separating U2's song choice from the disaster. Love & Peace.

Now, let's have some audio/video posted for those of us who couldn't see it, please :wink:

Back
Top Bottom